Show off your Sabre Turbo

Lann

VlRK1JF.jpg

Back when it was released I thought it was going to replace the Dominator as worse car for me to drive in a race. I bought it and DNF'ed every race with it. Sold it within days.

Training for Season 1 of COTC forced me to learn to drive the Dominator. This year I re-bought it proudly because like the Dominator, it no longer owns me and when i get into mine, it reminds me of how much I have improved at racing in this game. So this car means a lot to me due to my history with it. 

fruMepA.jpg

• Like 2

i-9v9Vt5M-600x338.jpg

My girl character has the Saber and this is the only photo I have of it. I believe this was for a Dodge racing event where we had  to have a custom Saber Turbo, pick a sponsor and paint the car to match. This is from PS3. 

I think Dodge just gets the car trivia from GTA wiki.

• Like 1

That's why Dodge's race cars are all green and yellow, because he had Liquor Hole as a sponsor. Some really cool paint jobs and photos came out of those types of events.

• Like 1

Trivia. The car is based upon a GM A Body. More specifically a 1971 Oldsmobile 442. The 442 was a performance variant of the Cutlass model line. 442 stood for 4 Barrel Carburetor, 4 Speed Transmission, Dual Exhaust. 

The headlight/grille area is more 1970 Buick GS (Gran Sport) than Cutlass. That was also an A Body. Chevrolet had the Chevelle and Pontiac the GTO.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Declasse Sabre Turbo

350?cb=20160308180541

"Tricking out a near-perfect muscle car like the Sabre is a fine art. A mainstream mod shop won't understand that its deafening wheelspin isn't inefficient - it's the foreplay a car like this requires. Its brakes aren't dangerously unresponsive, they're smooth and gradual. The lack of protection isn't careless, it's thrilling. Luckily for you, here at Benny's we can serve a whole lot of style without adding one tiny bit of substance. It's what a car this stupid deserves."―Benny's Original Motor Works description.

The Sabre Turbo (also known as the Sabre GT in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars) is a high-performance variant of the Sabre featured in both the 3D Universe and the HD Universe. The Sabre Turbo is manufactured by Declasse in the HD Universe.

Design

Named as the Sabre GT in Grand Theft Auto IV, it borrows bits and pieces from various American muscle cars. The back and sides resemble a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass, but the sides have softer lines and could be from a '70 Chevelle SS, the front is similar to a '70 Buick GSX or a '70 Chevelle Malibu(the headlights and the shape of the bumper are also very similar to those of a 1970 Cutlass or 1969 Plymouth Road Runner), and the front bumper's round turning signals are similar to those of a '69 Dodge Coronet. The wheels appear to be based on those found on a '70 Pontiac Firebird. The paintjob seems to look like that of a Mustang Mach 1 with some characteristics of a Shelby Mustang. The different hood scoop on some Sabre GTs resembles that of a 1968 Shelby Mustang, while some resemble the 442 Cutlass. Overall, the look created emulates the GM big body V8 coupes of the early 70's (Cutlass, Skylark, Chevelle). The Sabre GT, being an older design, has a different Declasse logo than the manufacturer's other cars: a circle with "Declasse" written around the inside edge.

Performance

In GTA V, the Sabre Turbo features the same powerful 550 ci turbocharged V8 coupled to a long-throw 5-speed semi-auto manual transmission powering the rear wheels. As a classic seventies muscle car, the vehicle has a heavy body, soft suspension, and mediocre brakes, and it suffers from large amounts of wheelspin when accelerating. However, it can still keep up with more modern muscle cars as a result of its surprisingly good turning circle and exceptional power. The vehicle's weight also works to its advantage in reducing oversteer and providing exceptional durability and ability to shunt other cars around.

Fun Facts

General

• The Sabre Turbo and Sabre GT plays following radio stations by default when entered:
  • GTA Vice City: Wildstyle
  • GTA IV: Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
  • GTA V: Los Santos Rock Radio, Vinewood Boulevard Radio or Radio Mirror Park

HD Universe

• A papercraft version of the Sabre GT in Chinatown wars, can be downloaded at the Rockstar Games Social Club.
  • On the back cover of the GTA IV disc case, there is a picture of Niko outrunning several Police Cruisers in a red and white Sabre GT.
  • In GTA IV, the police refer to the Sabre GT as a "Classique Sabre GT", but this car is made by Declasse, although it looks like an Oldsmobile.
  • In GTA V, the Sabre Turbo was used to show off the modification aspects of the game.
  • One of the cars on which the Sabre Turbo is based in the HD universe, the Buick GSX, prominently appeared on one of the promotional posters for the original Grand Theft Auto.
  • Although the car is called a "Sabre Turbo" in GTA V, the badge on the trunk says "Sabre GT". On the handling files, it also reads "Sabre GT".
  • In GTA V, the Stunt Cage modification will remove the car's passenger seat, yet the vehicle is still able to seat two. Part of the Stunt Cage's tubular structure also passes between the two passenger places, an arrangement which in reality would make moving from one side to the other impossible (or at the very least incredibly difficult), yet if the player enters their vehicle from the passenger side, they will slide over to the driver's seat as normal, actually clipping through the Stunt Cage as they do so.
  • Unlike the GTA IV version, the GTA V Sabre Turbo does not include a turbo whine, despite "Turbo" replacing "GT" in the vehicle's name.
Edited by Dodge
  • Like 3

Dodgeservice.png

Here's my Sabre Turbo Custom:

Ike0-u4KJk-LrPUobijhQw_0_0.jpg

Dx2ZeqS0wkGFqWczdVlmCg_0_0.jpg

I also have a regular one and I've always loved this car. Always wished the regular one was competitive - I would have used only that for racing.

Should take more pics of both, these are from the day I bought the Custom and modified it at Benny's.

• Like 1