PS4 Controller not holding a full charge

D-Rocks

Should be a doddle... I have replaced the R2 button grommet before. The battery is a simple unplug and plug in procedure once the controller is apart. Reassembly is trickier but not too tough.

My only worry would be the the quality of the new battery, just go with a reputable retailer.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

It's fairly easy just don't lose the tiny trigger springs as the trigger button sometimes come off. If it's the newer type of ps4 control with the light bar on top you can also use it wired for lower latency and it doesn't use Bluetooth. Just go into settings> devices> the USB option should be in the list, if you don't mind using it wired. 

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

I have replaced the battery in a couple of my controllers. I used a Blackberry CX2 battery as it holds way more charge than the original battery. They are pretty cheap on Amazon/eBay. I did a little 'how to' in the what have you done today thread ages ago but I'm not sure if it is still there. I'm happy to advise if you want to have a go.

YifRGPB.jpg

Edited by skip_rat
  • Like 1