Your First Online/Multiplayer Game?

DavidCore89

Call of Duty 4 on PC was my first multiplayer experience, I got compulsive and obsessive about it for sure. It is where a lot of my preferences in terms of weapons and tactics in most games since came from. 

• Like 3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spinnaker1981

• Sinister

• DavidCore89

• JuniorChubb

I'm really not sure what my first online experience was. It may have been SOCOM Confrontation. But my real online experience came with Madden 10 and GT5. I played both of these games with @ssracingn2 and with randoms. GTA 4 was never really an online experience for me. I tried it once, maybe twice. GTA 5 is the first Clan/Crew I've ever joined. The rest is history. 

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

7 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Police Quest was great. Was never any good at it though. 

I remember being stuck for months. You pull over an erratic driver and question them. 10 year old me had no clue what to type. Was watching some tv show and they mentioned a sobriety test. The light bulb lit up in my head and I took off running.

Silly as it seems, I have some fond memories involving video games. 

Edited by SINISTER120

Talk about memories, I still remember the jump I gave in my seat when I bought an accelarator card for my pc (Apocalypse 3Dx) and it came with a brand new game from that year. I tried the game and when the fucking fucking dogs come through the windows I almost fell from my chair!!! The game was Resident Evil...

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

How did I ever miss this thread?...

Looks like most of us started on consoles, whereas I started on the PC.

My first online/MP game was probably Warcraft 3 in the early 2000s. Remember playing matches with 3-4 friends in LAN for hours and hours, as well as online multiplayer matches in public servers and the endless custom player-created tower defence and DotA maps. We played that game for years along with Age of Empires II.

Now that I think about it, I also remembered that some time after GTA San Andreas was released we got our hands on possibly the original GTA online: the SAMP (San Andreas Multiplayer) mod or whatever it was and holy hell that was fun and crazy! The first thing that came to mind when I heard of GTAO coming out was the SAMP, but unfortunately the modern GTAO felt really lonely with the map being so huge and there being only 16 players spread across the map, with no favourite hang-out spots as opposed to SAMP which had probably dozens if not hundreds of players hanging out in everyone's favourite locations at the same time, doing all kinds of funny shit in large groups.

Once I found XDBX it got much closer to that SAMP experience, thankfully, and that's what's kept me playing it for so long.

Really interesting topic. I remember almost everything I did in the past, so remembering these games is a piece of cake for me ?

My first multiplayer game was Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (Spain-Brazil was the first multiplayer match I did, I won 1-0 against my cousin with a goal of Raúl). My first online game was Need For Speed Undercover. I had some games before but the first time I played online was with this game. I finished 4th in my first race with a Lamborghini Gallardo. Great memories man.

• 2 weeks later...

First Multi player game was Pacman on my Atari 2600, I had always wanted Ms. Pacman but my mom wouldn't let me get it since it was the same in her opinion, which was clearly flawed :D

First online gaming would have to be Quake, Counter Strike, Battlefield (2000) on the PC. We used to have a dial up modem that disconnected you every time some rang the house... My mother in law could ring us 5 times a night easy for random stuff. OMG the rage when you realized you were disconnected because someone rang you... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I came back to this game because I turned on my Pentium 200 and found a game there that I am sure must have been my first Multiplayer online experience: quake III: arena. Only after that experience did I play Jedi knight. When it comes to split screen multiplayer, the game was: Super off road. I must have been like 9 at the time, in a friends house. Road Rash and Sensible soccer came next :)