I think it's time for a change in how we game.

Squirrel

13 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Which car?

The Periah (don't know how it's spelt).  Broughy said he did 3 pretty average laps and it was about 1 second quicker than the Elegy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• Spinnaker1981

• Crawford1872

2 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

The Periah (don't know how it's spelt).  Broughy said he did 3 pretty average laps and it was about 1 second quicker than the Elegy.

“Cough”Pay2win”cough”

?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Crawford1872 said:

A second quicker than the elegy? oh christ that’s the sports class buggered then...

Although it's on his track, other cars may be better elsewhere.

Just now, DavidCore89 said:

Although it's on his track, other cars may be better elsewhere.

We know the procedure though now. Upon the release of the new DLC there will be a fastest must have car that everyone needs to own if they want to compete. By the end of the lengthy dripfeed though there will be a new fastest car that will either compete with it or beat it. 

They did it with Supers and Sports Classics already. All aimed at driving shark card sales. Game balance doesn’t come into it. 

To be fair though, we'd be complaining if all new cars were slow with big price tags, they have to release good cars.

R* are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Yeah, ideally want them to pad the top of the classes out so we have as much variety as possible, overall though I’m more than happy with the update and content, if I have to buy a new sports car, so be it. Will make the money for it easily at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

To be fair though, we'd be complaining if all new cars were slow with big price tags, they have to release good cars.

R* are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

They can release the new cars at the same time so players can choose which one they want. 

They used to do this. When the Massacro and Jester racing versions were released you had a choice. Both cars had their own advantages but were pretty balanced and they matched with the current fast cars in the class. You bought the car to suit your driving style and based on looks too not just because it was the only chance of winning a race. 

But it's not as clear cut as you say. Owning the faster cars means nothing if you're naturally slower.

You're fixated on pay to win, when in reality it's not like that. I'll still win without the new cars and I'll win with a 2014 car, not because I'm brilliant, but because paying has no bearing on winning.

2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

But it's not as clear cut as you say. Owning the faster cars means nothing if you're naturally slower.

You're fixated on pay to win, when in reality it's not like that. I'll still win without the new cars and I'll win with a 2014 car, not because I'm brilliant, but because paying has no bearing on winning.

You’re an exception to the norm when it comes to racing. 

The vast majority of racing in this game is now done on open fast stunt tracks where car performance plays a huge part. You just have to look at the play count of the races on socialclub. 

You may win the races you enter as you have the skill and experience to win but for the average player having the right car makes a huge difference especially when the track isn’t technical. 

We forget sometimes that members here aren’t average players. We’re very experienced and put a lot of time into a good community which means we can be separated from the bullshit that goes on with the game. 

Imagine what it would be like to be a new player

now. 

• Like 1

A shitload of new cars still unreleased (will be dripfed), 4 or 5 Sports Classics, 2 new Pfisters (another Comet and what looks like a Panamera), a true hotrod, ...

It also looks like a couple of cars were placed in the wrong class, there's a massive Benz SUV that seems to be in Sports class and a classic Sentinel that's in Sports class as well (should be a Sports Classic or maybe a new coupe). :/

Haven't seen all the new already released cars yet, but here are the unreleased:

Hopefully they dont all cost 1 or 2 millions. :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I will start from the practice of preordering games, which in turn degraded the gamers experience as half ready games are published with a 6 month's window to fix any game breaking single player issues, but after that only the multiplayer aspect is looked at, and be happy if the campaign lasts 5hrs with a storyline that makes some semblance of sense. It gives the impression that gamers will accept just about anything and is treated as such as companies participate in deceptive behaviour. At events like E3  for example its typical for trailers to be more enhanced than what it will be on the console side of things at the release date, & now you have AAA games that you have to purchase a dlc to complete some games or deal with a slow down progression system with insane unattainable goals that encourages a pay to play & or a pay to win setup, which further erodes a gamers experience . Eg. I love playing Battlefield 4 & have over a 1000 in, from 2014 - 2017 with moderate game play,0 but with a game like battlefront 2 they want you to put 3000 in getting an item, this is unacceptable. 

I am not a gaming purist that believes that microtransaction is an overarching issue that ruins games, but it plays a role out of a few & should be regulated along with completion of a created game and constant tests for fare use after release & any updates. Exclusive items obtained by microtransaction are OK by me, it makes me fight harder as long as it doesn't not for example pop up on screen when I die or left at a significant disadvantage. 

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 2

I dont believe Micro Transactions are a bad thing, it is the abuse of them that is the issue.

They can  be used to deliver a steady stream of optional content, this content could be quality desirable content, they could be locked to just cosmetic content so you gain no advantage over other players with a cash injection. However like all things on this planet people are involved and the business model gets abused.

I dont think GTA is quite as bad as people make out, especially for people who game in a crew. Jobs and events are tailored to the players in that crew so everyone can jump on board. I don't think mature players suffer as much as our life experience will either steer us away or we can ignore the glitter covered new toys and just log on and have fun or we can just support our in game spending with real life spending.

For some though it is a circle of pain, especially in GTA... spunking money away in free roam, always struggling to buy the newest toy then selling it a week later to help fund a newer one, always jealous of another players garage...

If we are unhappy though we have no-one to blame but ourselves, we buy the games we fund the multi-billion dollar companies, we should have started saying no 10 years ago then we might not be moaning so much now.

great point about Regulation @Smurf. I think it will be coming soon, especially with the legal issues EA have had, we are in newish territory here with MT's in Triple A titles. Things might be different in a few years if the voice of the disgruntled consumer is loud enough.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?