I think it's time for a change in how we game.

Squirrel

4 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Cars aren't a necessity and they don't guarantee a better performance. Proved it by making new characters twice and joining crew events.

There are many other games where having the best items is a lot more important. Take EA and FIFA for example, players with the best records in November were qualified for a global event. 90% of teams cost over 10 million, only pro's with financial backing from football clubs, YouTubers or sponsored players have a chance of buying the very best players in-game. No doubt the same in Madden.

At least in GTA players can earn money for cars, while earning 10 million in FIFA through gameplay before 19 comes out is near impossible.

Totally agree mate, I was just thinking about something Racing said during TNT one night about as soon as his cars were no longer competitive he was done with it, which sucks.

you’re right with Fifa and EA, even in years where I have been more interested in the game i’ve not bought packs, if someone tried to sell you something in the same way in the street, nobody would buy. It’s a scam.

Edited by Crawford1872

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• Spinnaker1981

• Crawford1872

This can be a bit of a heated discussion and similar threads on GTAF turn into one big developer bashing orgy, if you disagree with anything you are labelled a Fanboi and sent packing. Nice to see more of a discussion about things here. :)

I can't cast a vote however as the poll is a little to black and white for me.

Personally I do not think the idea behind Microtransaction is as bad as the current tsunami of hate would have us believe. IMO what causes the issues is the abuse of MT's which is happening right now in what is basically an unregulated market. If MT's had not been abused so badly in the search for profit we might have a different opinion on them and actually consider some of the benefits they could offer. Like many things though the pursuit of the income has soured the milk.

For me a great example is PES My Club. I downloaded this 'stripped down' version of PES that probably runs a similar MT model to FIFA. However the game was free, I have got a free version of my favourite footy game, exhibition matches are limited to a handful of teams but considering I only play the game once or twice a year that is perfect for me. I am sure if I got into the online aspect of buying and selling players my opinion might change slightly bu regardless it was a free game. I have got a friend who plays this on PS3 and really enjoys it and has never spent a dime on the game, his gaming is supported by those who are happy to throw money at a video game.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

59 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

This seems to be an appropriate place to place this, is the submarine called the SS Sharkcard?

Let me put on my Mystic hat....

I see an increase in shark card sales for Rockstar. ?

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Again, I believe in the microtransactions to support the videogame industry. They allow for a game like gta to survive the years it has survi~ved with a good player base, because there is money rolling and it is viable economicaly to continue to develop the game and to continue to add content, while still working on other games.

Though, GTA and EA are pushing the envelope and might be signing death sentences to the microtransaction systems. If the Lazer had the price tag of 2,5M or 3M, they would have sold a lot more than they actually sold, I believe.

The one who wants it all, loses it all...

• Like 1

More chaos and war shit, looks like another update that I'll avoid.

Missions and co-op gameplay is fun, but the heavy weaponry doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I personally would not play or intentionally buy a game where a loot box was required to progress or be competitive. 

I do not mind paying real cash for shit, I have spent more than I would like to admit on GTA and STO but the first time I am forced to do it I will never play any game by that dev be it R*, Cryptic or whoever.

With Star Trek Online in mind, Cryptic Studios have mastered how to get you to spend your money. On that game you buy keys to unlock "lockboxes" and you have a very slim chance of getting a ship out of these (you always end up with other stuff), but these ships are not game changers. But anything in the lockbox can be sold to other players for in game currency so it is very possible to get what you want without spending a dime, though you will have do grind for in game currency.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I recast my vote to somewhere in the middle. My reason, if I KNOW that I will GET what I pay for AND if I could get the item in question without the NEED to pay extra I'm ok with that. 

There's nothing more I can add rather than repeating my mini rant again in the shoutbox yesterday. Broughy's latest video sums it up so much better than I can. Also hearing rumours that all of Broughys accounts have now been banned from GTA. Looking for confirmation of this though.

Loot boxes are a form of gambling and should not be in video games [/thread :P ]

As to how GTA Online works with regard to money:

The previous model was one in which there was a literal cash-gate in order to obtain the DLC from the online store. Under that model every single GTAO update would have likely isolated anyone who didn't buy it behind and likely split communities such as our own as some members wouldn't or couldn't buy the update files.

Under the current model of in-game currency we can still all play together (internet connection notwithstanding) and the 'have nots' can still access pretty much all of the content if a friendly 'have' person is willing to share.

I have had a great amount of enjoyment in helping players without my own resources to acquire these resources and I have made some new friends in the progress. I was able to reach this point because more established members helped me to acquire them and I made some good friends in the process. Perhaps the deepest irony of GTAO's monetization is that the way to 'beat it' is to act cooperatively and collectively. On a meta level a game that paradies individual capitalistic greed within the work and is published by a company that thrives in an industry renowned for it's capitalistic greed, is at it's best when played collectively and cooperatively for the greater good of all.

Edited by The_Lady_A
Clarity
  • Like 2

Agree with your points there @The_Lady_A  GTA did have one of the better models of microtransaction. I used to use rockstar as an example of a good practice. These days greed has got the best of them. 

Someone on GTAF summed it up nicely. You either only play GTA or you buy sharkcards if you want to keep up with everyone. 

Also its been confirmed that Broughy has been banned from GTA on all platforms. So much for the freedom of speech. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

Not more depressing moaning from Broughy.

Wish he'd test the fucking vehicles instead.

Bit hard for him to do if he’s banned from the game for speaking out against it. 

On the subject of testing he covered the new Sports car at the end of the video. In preliminary testing its a lot faster than anything else in the class. Only 1.4 million to buy

Edited by Squirrel

You guys really honestly think you would have this DLC if there weren´t so many people buying sharkcards? Honestly, I play the game because I enjoy it. I don´t need the flying car or the flying bike or the stealth heli to enjoy myself, and neither does broughy, if he thinks hard about it. What he enjoys doing, he can still do, better than ever, with more cars than ever. If he is not enjoying playing GTA, then he should stop playing GTA. But he makes a living out of GTA, GTA brought him the Fame he know has. I guess he is tired of the game, but his doomsday stream had an average assistance of over 1200 people watching. How can he stop playing the game he is bored of playing when it is what brings him money?

I appreciate the work he did on GTA. He was and is the go to guru of the car specs and what is best and what not, but I am tired of his ranting and of his superiority. The way he runs the dying NoDo comunity and the way he forces somebody to pay him in either time or money, to appear on his streams is something that goes against what he actually preaches on GTA. He, himself is behind a paywall. And that is just...   Hypocrisy

Isn't Brougy a modder/hacker? Gets in the game code to make the occasional video of things to come? If so he deserves a ban.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

3 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Isn't Brougy a modder/hacker? Gets in the game code to make the occasional video of things to come? If so he deserves a ban.

And he has modded money on his PC account, at least.

And he did the vigilante/aston martin v8 lookalike video before the cars were released. He calls it PC magic...

1 minute ago, Hatch said:

True they do have grounds there to ban his PC account. He’s also had a ton of modded money placed on his PC account that he’s been trying to get Rockstar removed. 

It’s common knowledge that he and other big names do have modded accounts and Rockstar must have known this for a long time, just interesting that the ban has only come when he is going against Rockstar. They obviously didn’t mind his bending of the rules when it suited them as he was raising the profile of the game. 

Will have to see if anyone else speaking out against the game suffers the same treatment.

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

True they do have grounds there to ban his PC account. He’s also had a ton of modded money placed on his PC account that he’s been trying to get Rockstar removed. 

It’s common knowledge that he and other big names do have modded accounts and Rockstar must have known this for a long time, just interesting that the ban has only come when he is going against Rockstar. They obviously didn’t mind his bending of the rules when it suited them as he was raising the profile of the game. 

Will have to see if anyone else speaking out against the game suffers the same treatment.

I'm not saying you are wrong in the reason, he should have been banned long ago

Just now, Hatch said:

I'm not saying you are wrong in the reason, he should have been banned long ago

If he was the same as any normal user then he would have been. There are a lot of leaks when DLC is launched. Rockstar will allow videos about them to be made public as it increases awareness for it. Now he’s not playing ball his privileges have been taken away. 

Though, he is right about one thing: all VIP/CEO/Bikers/heist should not be locked to public sessions only. If I want to do it in a  aprivate session, you should be able to. I want to play the game with no randoms, It should be my choice, not rockstar. OK, give me an incentive to do them in public instead of private or invite only, but don´t disable them altogether...

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

On the subject of testing he covered the new Sports car at the end of the video. In preliminary testing its a lot faster than anything else in the class. Only 1.4 million to buy

Which car?

Just now, DavidCore89 said:

Which car?

Didn’t catch the name of it. I wasn’t paying much attention to it while I was eating just heard the price and that it will become the new fastest car in sports class by a long way.