Best cars for racing

rofur

Greetings fellow Batterers!

Before joining DB I was not a fan of Racing on GTAO but now it's nice to join a crew race and actually race rather than play bumper cars!

So here's the point of this topic: I was hoping to pick the brains of the racing veterans in the crew and ask which cars are the best handling/fastest vehicles in each category.

I'm trying to get a good car in each class so I can join races and not be stuck with a stock car or bike.

Cheers for the help guys and gals!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matty

• zmurko

• Sinister

• rofur

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's my opinion on that topic :

Super : Turismo or Entity

Sports : Jester

Muscle : Gauntlet

Sedan : Tailgater

Off-road : Bifta

Coupe : Sentinel XS

Classic : Stinger GT or Monroe or Z-Type

It all depends on your driving abilities and style. Certain cars can be "forced" to drive the way you want, however, I've recently found out that its much better to find a car that you're good at driving rather than learning how to drive what your given. My fav's are listed below :

Super - Entity (better handling IMO)

Sports - Elegy for short tracks with lots of turns, Jester for ALL else

Sports classics - Probably Monroe, I don't know, yet to own one

Sedans - Schafter

Coupes - Exemplar

Muscle - Gauntlet

Compacts - Blista

Bike - Bati 801 RR

SUV - no idea, I don't drive these

Off-road - depends on the track, I like the Sanchez for most.

Right now I'm using:

Muscle - Dominator

Sport - Feltzer - Comet - Sultan

Sports Classic - JB700 (although the Z Type is better)

Super - Cheetah (Entity is faster)

Coupe - Zion (Exemplar is faster)

Sedan - Stratum (Everything else is faster lol)

SUV - Radius

Off Road - SandKing SWB

Dodgeservice.png

Right now I'm using:

Muscle - Dominator

Sport - Feltzer - Comet - Sultan

Sports Classic - JB700 (although the Z Type is better)

Super - Cheetah (Entity is faster)

Coupe - Zion (Exemplar is faster)

Sedan - Stratum (Everything else is faster lol)

SUV - Radius

Off Road - SandKing SWB

My god man, you need to go shopping!

I like not having the same thing everyone else has. You go into a Sports car race, and all you see are jesters, or Gaunlets in a Muscle car race, or Exemplars in Coupe races. Drives me crazy. On top of that, they are all blue. I just want to be a little different.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Yeah i need to do a bit a "shopping" later too!

Was stuck between an entity and turismo and oracle and schwartzer.

Anybody race a ruiner for muscle?

Anybody race a ruiner for muscle?

I have a Ruiner on my 2nd character and I like it.  I think it has the best handling for Muscle cars, but not as fast as the Gauntlet or Dominator.

I like not having the same thing everyone else has. You go into a Sports car race, and all you see are jesters, or Gaunlets in a Muscle car race, or Exemplars in Coupe races. Drives me crazy. On top of that, they are all blue. I just want to be a little different.

Yeah i like to be different too Dodge.

Been trying to race an eleghy in sports races but i just can't drive it well. I also love the Vacca in super class but it just doesn't hold it's own against the more popular supers.

Here's what I've found to be the best for me:

Super:  Entity

Sports:  Elegy

Sports Classic:  Z-type, sold mine recently and will try a Monroe in 2nd garage

Coupe:  Exemplar, I really like driving all the other top coupes, Exemplar is so much faster though

Sedan:  Schafter, sports transmission - i didn't like it with fully upgraded transmission.  Have a Tailgater now and testing it out

Muscle:  Gauntlet
Motorcycle:  Bati or Akuma, i suck on bikes so i don't really know

SUV:  Radius

Compact:  Issi and Blista both good, depends on which handling you prefer, Issi is looser

Off Road:  Injection

I read that Sadler and Bison are best for Utility and Vans, but I've never tried either.  I plan on getting those with the 2nd garage.

Edited by scabsandwich

What I use

Super - Turismo, though truthfully I am thinking of selling it and getting an Entity

Sports - Jester

Sports Classic - Roosevelt (Don't plan on winning with it, when 2nd garage comes I will be getting Z-Type)

Coupe - Sentinal XS

Sedan - Tailgator

Compact - Blista

Motorcycle - Nemesis (2nd garage = Akuma)

Off Road - Sandking

Muscle - Sabre Turbo (Selling my Cheetah to get Gauntlet for the NASCAR races)

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Having both, I think the Entity is overall far better than the Turismo, and more than makes up the price difference. In an absolutely clean race in an even track they might look the same, but this is GTA, not a purist racing game. You'll get bumped, you'll go offroad, and you'll fly into the air. The Entity just behaves that much better in all these circumstances. More resistant to damage, better traction and clearance, and hence more stable both in off-road and when knocking a ramp at full speed, giving you better control in the air.

Apart from Coupes with the Exemplar, I don't think there's a category with such an indisputable winner as Super. You'll really be at a disadvantage with any other car regardless of your driving skill.

Edited by Arruda

Super - XF

Sports - Elegy > Jester > Feltzer (I prefer the Jester myself)

Sports Classic - Z-Type > Monroe (I prefer the Monroe myself)

Coupe - Exemplar 

Sedan - Schafter/Tailgater (I prefer the Schafter myself, but I believe the Fugitive makes for the best possible lap time)

Compact - Blista

Motorcycle - Akuma or Bati 801 (depends on track - more turning/some off-road = Akuma, more straights = Bati if you wheelie)

Off-Road - Sanchez (really an unfair vehicle to have here, Bifta for 2nd - the rest depends on the course like for Sandkings etc)

Muscle - Ruiner > Gauntlet > Dominator (best lap time but isn't as sturdy - I prefer the Gauntlet myself)

SUV - Baller (modern)

These cars are basically your best lap setters meaning statistically and in actuality these are the "best" of their class. When pushed to the limit they will give you the best lap time over other vehicles in their class (yes there is some track dependency like the Adder being eventually able to pass an Entity given a long enough stretch of road). Granted it's different in racing as there's countless other elements to be considered such as competency of yourself and others.

I admire players like Dodge, others here and others in general who tend to stay away from these cars and race what they like - that's not in the mainstream. Why? Well they're intentionally setting a restriction up for themselves and it's a testament at least to me of their driving capabilities that they can win without the "best". A tip of the hat goes off to these players.

As for players like me, I try to learn using the best because any advantage I can come across helps me and I'm gonna use it lol.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

My current setup goes as follow:

Super - Entity XF
Sports - Elegy RH8 and Sultan (Depending on the race)

Sports Classic - Monroe
Muscle - Gauntlet
Coupe - Zion 
Sedan - Schafter
Off-Road - BF Injection and Sandking SWB (Depending on the race)

I don't own a bike atm, but when I do I prefer the Bati 801 for racing. 

desuno1.jpg

Cheers for the posts guys, going to get to work hunting some of the rarer cars and do some grinding so I can afford some mods!

Here's my line up, I think without the Sandking and the lack of motorcycle these are the fastest in each class IMO.

The handling is down to driver preference.

Super: Entity XF

Sport: Jester

Sports Classic: Z-Type

Muscle: Gauntlet

Coupe: Exemplar

Sedan: Schafter

Compact: Blista

SUV: Radius

Off Road: Sandking SWB

I don't have a motorcycle because I sold it to get a Sultan.

Edited by DavidCore89

Bingo, I think there is very little actual difference in the code for the majority of cars in each class, and 80% of the difference is perceived.

I enjoy winning muscle car races in my Vigero, or in my other character who has several muscle cars I usually snag a lot of wins in the Ruiner or Sabre.....it leaves a lot of peole scratching their heads how they lost. Rat-loaders are total turds, but look cool, if you can win races in a rat-loader, then you can truly claim you are a pro GTAO racer.

Same with sportscars, I win far more races in my coquette than I lose, and the Elegy seems just s good, those are the only two I have tried though.

Super cars? unless it is a wide open top speed freeway race there seems very little difference to me, I have a cheetah that I have no problem winning in, but it definitely has a slightly lower top speed than the adder. I have also won races in a bone stock entity against custom cars.

I have no problem winning races in an F620 either, but I never tried any other coupe class.

off-road depends entirely on the race, what i can say is NO MESA. They roll over for anything. Biftas are easily the fastest but off-road they bounce around too much like a normal car.

I dont have the rest of the classes, Im waiting for the extra garage space, then I'll do more dabbling.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Super Entity XF, Cheetah and Torismo

Sport Conquette and Elegy RH8

Sports Classic Monroe

Coupe Exemplar

SUV Radius

Off Road SandKing XL

Motorcycle Bati 801 or Dinka Double T

I can't speak as to the other classes of vehicles due to garage space and prioritization, I will try sedan class when the new garage space is availeable.

Edited by smurf

Super Entity XF or Torismo

Sport Conquette,Cheetah and Elegy RH8

Sports Classic Monroe

Coupe Exemplar

SUV Radius

Off Road SandKing SWB

Motorcycle Bati 801 or Dinka Double T

I can't speak as to the other classes of vehicles due to garage space and prioritization, I will try sedan class when the new garage space is availeable.

Cheetah = Super

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 3 years later...

Having been out of the game for a few months I return to find myself feeling like a newb at all the new vehicles that appear to be "the best" for racing now.  It is clear that my garage could use updating a tad so i was hoping that i could get some advise on what you guys feel are the best in class for racing these days.  I always found this thread useful in the past and im sure new members will also find it useful too.

My second question is, do some cars perform better at stunt races opposed to street races and vice versa?

I know you guys will "steer" :D me in the right direction....

yFn5uY6.png

4 minutes ago, Matty said:

Having been out of the game for a few months I return to find myself feeling like a newb at all the new vehicles that appear to be "the best" for racing now.  It is clear that my garage could use updating a tad so i was hoping that i could get some advise on what you guys feel are the best in class for racing these days.  I always found this thread useful in the past and im sure new members will also find it useful too.

My second question is, do some cars perform better at stunt races opposed to street races and vice versa?

I know you guys will "steer" :D me in the right direction....

For stunt racing with tubes and crap like that, you need a Nero. Handles the best. Itali GTB seems great as well.

For regular racing, the RE-7B is the best.

For bikes, the Shotaro is the fastest but it is 2 millions ! Hakuchou Drag is the best alternative since it's way less expensive and almost as good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

For stunt racing with tubes and crap like that, you need a Nero. Handles the best. Itali GTB seems great as well.

For regular racing, the RE-7B is the best.

For bikes, the Shotaro is the fastest but it is 2 millions ! Hakuchou Drag is the best alternative since it's way less expensive and almost as good.

Thanks Fido, I did have a Shotoro, but needed the 1.4mil more, still have the dragster though at least.

yFn5uY6.png

I think the Bati is still the fastest bike for straight line speed, if can you ride it whilst doing a wheelie, which I can't. Whenever I get put into bike stunt races they are generally won by Batis. The Shotaro and Hackachu are are neary as fast and can't pull wheelies.

• Like 1

Matty, it's worth checking out this thread:

It sums up a crew survey that was done a while ago on what cars members use and has an extensive descriptions of top cars.

It needs a slight update though, as there has been some patches (RE-7B,...) released afterwards and some new cars as well (Nero,...), mostly in the Sports Classics class and few new Supers and Sports.

I'm not sure at what point did you stop playing (updating your garages), as when I switched to PS4, I had a lot of updating to do, luckily all the major changes (except the Sports Classics cars) have been released before the switch, so I did it all at once (new Compact, Sedan, Muscle, Super, SUV, Off-Road,...).

44 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I think the Bati is still the fastest bike for straight line speed, if can you ride it whilst doing a wheelie, which I can't. Whenever I get put into bike stunt races they are generally won by Batis. The Shotaro and Hackachu are are neary as fast and can't pull wheelies.

Btw, those 2 bikes do benefit from leaning forward on them (not as much as Bati does from wheelying), but yeah, Bati is still the fastest in a straight line when wheelying. Suprisingly Hakouchu Drag does well off-road (eventhough it has the same off-road grip loss as Bati. I still haven't bought the Shotaro, as it's not really worth it, I reckon I would just die/mess up even more on it, so that means it doesnt matter if I just use my trusted Akuma. ;)

• Like 1