Assassin’s Creed Origins

zztop911

Just my take so far of this game with just a few hours of play.

Downloaded this game on Friday opening and it is an amazing game! The only other AC game I've played was Black Flag and I loved it for the most part.

Graphics:

On my PS4Pro with my Samsung KS8000 4K SUHD TV with HDR enabled, the picture quality is absolutely stunning. Frame rate is very fluid and only sometimes stumbles for a second when coming back from the aerial look with your eagle.

The game still looks outstanding on my regular PS4 and just HD Samsung TV, although I haven't played enough to judge the frame rate quality. I was just checking to compare the two systems on picture quality.

Gameplay

This game does have many of Black Flag's familiar game play, hiding in ground cover, synchronization points, fast travel and climbing, but are vastly different from the older version. Climbing is far better as you can climb on far more objects and is more fluid. Ground cover is more varied.

The game feels more immersive than Black Flag. AI's seem a bit more responsive and reactionary to your character's presence.

Difficulty level is adjustable DURING play. So if combat is getting too easy, you can up it or just the opposite if it's too difficult.

With the assortment of weapons you can acquire and modify, you can play this game in the traditional AC stealth mode or you can go all gang busters or any thing in between, although it's best to be stealthy in the beginning.

Looting, Weapon upgrading and character abilities upgrading

Looting is similar as any other game, but with a slight twist. You can tell from a distance if it's just normal loot or if it's a legendary weapon or something to interact with.

Character ability is similar to other games, just divided up a bit different.

Weapon upgrading is vast and quite involved. You have the ability to compare the attributes of similar weapons side by side to be able to choose the best one for you.

None of this seems grindy...............yet and I don't really expect it to become so.

MAP

It's HUGE! Many times larger than Black Flag!

Story.

So far the story line is interesting and fairly emotional.

Early evaluation

If you just "liked" Black Flag, I think you will fall head over heals in love with Origins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Banketelli

• Danielle

• DeaD_GooN

5 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Getting it for Xmas ! Thanks for the review, appreciate it ! 

I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Word of caution, it is very addictive. ?

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I downloaded this a couple days ago. So far I'm loving it. My only gripe is that I found melee combat to be a little wonky, but for me, not using "lock on" seems to make things much more fluid. Looting, crafting, and abilities, oh my! A very welcomed change. 

• Like 2

How are the visual bugs? I’ve read that the game is good but there’s still the usual Ubisoft lack of polishing on the finished game. Will be getting it but like Fido will be towards xmas. 

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

How are the visual bugs? I’ve read that the game is good but there’s still the usual Ubisoft lack of polishing on the finished game. Will be getting it but like Fido will be towards xmas. 

I've only noticed a couple little things, but I've only been able to get in about 4 hours of gameplay. None of which is game breaking or even distracting for that matter. 

13 hours ago, DeaD_GooN said:

I've only noticed a couple little things, but I've only been able to get in about 4 hours of gameplay. None of which is game breaking or even distracting for that matter. 

Same here, except for one tomb exploration where I got froze when trying to explore in one tight area. I had to quit the game fully.

I also had one target of a retribution kill that couldn't be marked with the eagle or even on the map. It was like it was under you no matter where YOU were on the map.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

FYI........Be sure to link your PSN account and join the UBISOFT CLUB to get game credits from your gameplay to be able to buy assorted items to use in the game.......weapons, clothing, different packs....ect!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

This game is incredible. I just finished it yesterday and it’s definitely up there as one of the best adventures I’ve had :D

To those playing it - have you done the trial of Anubis? I think today is the last day to do it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Haven't played since the Black Flag DCL and thought I was done with the series. But might have to pick this up.

Origins makes Black Flag look like pong.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Danielle said:

Oh then I’ve missed one, thought it was once a month :rolleyes:

Not sure. I know I missed the first one. I wasn't at level 40 yet. The second one was Sobek. And now the current one, which I haven't done yet. 

4 hours ago, DeaD_GooN said:

Not sure. I know I missed the first one. I wasn't at level 40 yet. The second one was Sobek. And now the current one, which I haven't done yet. 

Well I’ve completely read it wrong :lol: I thought there was 4 gods to beat but now I see Sekhmet is the third and final. At least we get to do them all again.

7 hours ago, Danielle said:

Well I’ve completely read it wrong :lol: I thought there was 4 gods to beat but now I see Sekhmet is the third and final. At least we get to do them all again.

I thought there was supposed to be 4 as well. Perhaps they'll add more later. 

Okay, leaving all the nostalgia I have for AC II aside, this one is hands down the best game in the series and I'm not even a third into it. It's just... wauw. Still can't grasp how big the fucking map is or the fact that I'm finally playing an AC game where the side missions don't feel repetitive.:lol: 

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Okay, leaving all the nostalgia I have for AC II aside, this one is hands down the best game in the series and I'm not even a third into it. It's just... wauw. Still can't grasp how big the fucking map is or the fact that I'm finally playing an AC game where the side missions don't feel repetitive.:lol: 

I fully agree! You never know what will happen in this game!

Work on completing all your crafting. My fav sword is The Fang, a legendary sword. It has poison on hit and when raiding people transporting good, you can kill some in the road. A lot of the time they will have the flesh eating blue poison mist coming from them. Any others passing by will "catch" the poison and quickly die. In places with lots of transporting, you can get some easy goods and weapons. Funny as hell too!

• Thanks 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

Can't wait to finally get it on Xmas day ! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danielle said:

I’m pretty sure you can max out all the abilities even past 40

Yes

I'm 15% Stronger on Ranged kills and 13% on melee

Because Fat Buds Matter!