Transform Races (Shark card sales in disguise)

Squirrel

3 minutes ago, Con said:

Can't wait to play them with the crew. 

I think it would be very fun and quite enjoyable!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Con

• JuniorChubb

• Squirrel

42 minutes ago, Beez said:

I have a custom Molotok (I will double check but I bought the engine upgrades) and it doesn't seem to give any advantage against the stock one.

Yeah at least not the advantage I thought the custom planes would have-----but with the cars and bikes , the advantage is clear. 

I just did the race that has the Ramp Buggy. I was in stock the racer in front in custom (it had a custom paint job) and I caught and passed them easily. I don't know what upgrades you can get for the Ramp buggy so don't know if I should have been slower and just out drove them. But they seemed a decent enough driver on the rest of the track.

Another thing I have noticed, wondering if anyone else has. Does the way the Sea Shark, and maybe the Blazer Aqua, handle seem different? I could swear I have been far too easiliy overtaken by players appearing to be leaning forward on their Sea Sharks when I'm leaning back. I made a short simple boat test race and on that leaning back on the Sea Shark is definitely still faster than leaning forward. I then tested the Sea Shark on the Transform race Get Wrecked (you start on the Sea shark) and just based on one run of each, leaning forward was faster. Not a huge amount, by about 1/2s in the first 30s, but leaning forward was faster at all the first few checkpoints. Of course it could be I just didn't get the maximum boost start when I leaned back. So I need to re-do some tests, but that will be easiest once we can make our own Transform races and I can do my simple boat test as a Transform.

@kernalhogan I know you've done some of these and you know about boats too; have you noticed anything like this?

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I just did the race that has the Ramp Buggy. I was in stock the racer in front in custom (it had a custom paint job) and I caught and passed them easily. I don't know what upgrades you can get for the Ramp buggy so don't know if I should have been slower and just out drove them. But they seemed a decent enough driver on the rest of the track.

See i wouldn't mind buying the Aqua Blazer and a Seashark (if made available) but don't want to spend $3.8M  on a plane just to upgrade so I can be a slightly more competitive. As far as your question, I couldn't answer it as I just learned in 2017 to lean back and lean forward in sea races from the crew.

2 hours ago, djw180 said:

Another thing I have noticed, wondering if anyone else has. Does the way the Sea Shark, and maybe the Blazer Aqua, handle seem different? I could swear I have been far too easiliy overtaken by players appearing to be leaning forward on their Sea Sharks when I'm leaning back. I made a short simple boat test race and on that leaning back on the Sea Shark is definitely still faster than leaning forward. I then tested the Sea Shark on the Transform race Get Wrecked (you start on the Sea shark) and just based on one run of each, leaning forward was faster. Not a huge amount, by about 1/2s in the first 30s, but leaning forward was faster at all the first few checkpoints. Of course it could be I just didn't get the maximum boost start when I leaned back. So I need to re-do some tests, but that will be easiest once we can make our own Transform races and I can do my simple boat test as a Transform.

@kernalhogan I know you've done some of these and you know about boats too; have you noticed anything like this?

I noticed someone going faster on the Blazer Aqua leaning forward the other day too and thought I just was doing it wrong all this time

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

46 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I noticed someone going faster on the Blazer Aqua leaning forward the other day too and thought I just was doing it wrong all this time

Lean forward on land, back on water.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 8:57 AM, djw180 said:

If you don't have a custom vehicle in a Transform Race the non-custom variant you use will be the same colour as the vehicle you selected before the start of the race. This could have accounted for you passing what you thought was a custom Ramp Buggy.

I've also found that several of the vehicles aren't that much slower if you do not have a custom, especially the Special Vehicles. But under the same circumstances a custom variant with upgrades will always be faster.

The Seashark would be tough to get a time comparison due to waves affecting traction/speed. Pulling back still works best for me. Rockstar did make physics changes for Stunt Races though, so it's possible that changes were made for the Transform Races as well.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Isn´t the rocket voltic better if its stock? the rocket reload time is a lot shorter on the stock versions right? I think I saw a few info leaning that way, or was that fixed?