Savage vs Buzzard vs Hunter

JustHatched

Even though the Hunter has not been dripped to us, I did finally get to be the co pilot in it the other day on a supply run. I hate this thing. Flies like shit IMO, no pilot gun control to me makes it not worth the whatever it costs compared to it counter parts. As a co pilot the gun is super sensitive requiring a decent pilot to keep the heli under control. I'll not be getting on, Savage is my go to heli for solo play cuz it is steady at all times and I got full control, Buzzard still a go to also, but for me the Savage is still king of the rotors

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

For me Buzzard will always be number 1. It's far more agile and nimble compared to the Savage. It may not have the firepower but can carry 4 and with the CEO menu it's never more than a half a street away whenever it's needed. It's probably the vehicle I use more than any other. 

From what I've experienced of them all the Buzzard is the workhorse and probably always will be. It sits in it's own little unique category of versatility. Kind of because of that usefulness I think the only fair contest is a straight up Savage vs Hunter.

We haven't seen a Hunter fully upgraded yet, but already I do quite like it IF there is someone you can fly well with. I actually really like the more twitchy nature of the Hunter compared to the bulk of the Savage, and I think the high sensitivity of the Hunter's cannon is needed because of this. I think the decider will be just how powerful the cannon on the hunter is if it has explosive rounds in it. 

The way my instincts tell me this will go is the Savage will just beat out the Hunter in a 1 pilot vs 1 pilot fight, but the Hunter will pound the Savage into the ground in a Pilot/Gunner vs Pilot/Passenger fight.

I have trouble stopping and turning the Savage in tight situations, but love how steady it is while aiming.  I just find it too heavy to turn and slow down.  It's had an armour buff against missiles/RPGs, but it still starts to smoke after a handful of bullets.

The Buzzard is great for manoeuvring and aiming, but as Squirrel said, it just lacks the firepower to be considered a serious threat against most targets unless you're a very capable pilot.

I'd say the Hunter will be somewhere in the middle for me.  Gonna wait until it's had all its performance upgrades added before I make a final judgement on it.  I actually like the way it handles for general flying and manoeuvring around buildings etc, but keeping it steady while aiming can take some getting used to.  Hopefully that'll improve with the upgrades.

Another thing to consider is the countermeasures the Hunter will get with the upgrades.  Most helicopters are sitting ducks in freeroam, but the Hunter will at least be able to avoid homing missiles with its flares.  It can also take several explosive sniper hits and a couple of missile hits before going down.  That will probably improve with the upgrades too.  SO it's definitely going to be way more durable than the Savage or Buzzard.

Even though the barrage missiles are awesome, the fact that the cannon can only be operated by the co-pilot is actually the biggest turnoff for me.  I hope while in the hangar, you can choose/set which weapons are operated by the pilot and co-pilot, but I don't think we'll be able to.  

• Like 1

If i dont need firepower i usually go with my Frogger,  like when leaving Maze bank office.  

But like said, the Savage is less useful then the Buzzard in many ways.

I like the Savage the best however I use the Buzzard the most. Mainly because of how the game works and you can spawn the CEO Buzzard anywhere. The Savage is beautiful and bad ass. I've used the Hunter in supply and delivery missions and it's just OK for me and I think it's ugly (at least from the rear view).