BE AWARE!!!!!

zztop911

BE AWARE!!!!!

Last night I was playing with my Son, BigShaggy. Stand your ground started in the park area south of Maze Bank west. He sent me an invite to his CEO office at Maze Bank west and we went to he roof. It was a bit too foggy to pinpoint player, just got glimpses of names. Then I got shot and so did he from the same player, no explosive rounds. Ok....a good shot! He went back in and invited me again. I then started getting shot just before going into the elevator. As soon as I spawned on the roof I was killed....no line of sight to the event. Again, both killed by the same player. When respawned, we were killed again......again, no line of sight!

Went passive and msg the puss. He basically admitted to some glitch by saying, "Well you had explosive rounds!". I've tried to search for anything on the net about this, but with no results.

• Confused 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

There are ppl with modded ps4's. Most ppl say "It's too expenxisve" or "It's too hard" to mod the ps4 for gta v. Here's the thing, that expensive program/software/hardware isnt only for GTA V. so there ARE ppl out there that have the software. It sounds like to me that you found a "No collision aimbot" mod. Sucks man.

It's not a modded PS4. Just a glitch in Rockstars sloppy programming. 

Earlier versions of the PS4 have been jailbroken but it's not possible to play GTA online with that version of the PS4 firmware. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is constant software being added, then fixed against. There was a new one back in May that R* had to fend off that actually gave a mod menu on ps4 GTA V. I cant remember the name of it, but it was pretty big. Let me see if I can find a source. 

How's Squirrel Master been???!!?

EDIT: I actually can't seem to find anytthing on the online version of mod menu. I found the video that shows how to do it, but not the source from R* almost instantly defending against it... 

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

I heard the original PS4 software had some capabilities, but it couldn't be used to access any online features.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a creator/director mode glitch.

No mods on PS4, even if they were, killing a few people in GTAO isn't the best way to utilize it.

Edited by DavidCore89

Are you sure it wasn't just the thermal scope exploit?

Maze Bank West is a poorly made/programmed building.  That's why it sometimes doesn't spawn in until you're really close to it, yet all the other buildings around it have already spawned in. 

Most buildings in the game are only a mirage at a certain distance (they aren't solid), but Maze Bank West can be shot through at a very close distance.  You don't need explosive ammo, just a thermal scope or one of the new thermal goggle helmets.  

From Lombank, I've shot plenty of players who were standing behind that building without line of sight. :D

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, no_snacks said:

Are you sure it wasn't just the thermal scope exploit?

Maze Bank West is a poorly made/programmed building.  That's why it sometimes doesn't spawn in until you're really close to it, yet all the other buildings around it have already spawned in. 

Most buildings in the game are only a mirage at a certain distance (they aren't solid), but Maze Bank West can be shot through at a very close distance.  You don't need explosive ammo, just a thermal scope or one of the new thermal goggle helmets.  

From Lombank, I've shot plenty of players who were standing behind that building without line of sight. :D

This certainly explains a possible reason. 

Objects in games have different textures depending how close you are to it. 

When close up to a building you can see all the ledges and windows as distinct features plus a whole load more of little details. If the game had to render all the details for every building at once then the lag and memory use would be through the roof.

When further away from the same building you will see a different LOD, looks the same from a distance but without the intricate details. Its very possible that there are gaps in the model at range.

I've got some experience moddeling for Unity based games. Although it's a different game engine and I use 3DS Max and not Maya which is what is used for the GTA models the same standards apply when creating a game environment. 

Makes me wonder what the range is on the heavy sniper. If you can see dots beyond render distance using the thermal scope then in theory we may not be safe anywhere. 

It varies slightly across all buildings, but most of them become a mirage at say 3 or 4 blocks away.  At that distance, a player can't always be seen through the thermal scope, but their "hit-box" can still be seen.  All you have to do is get one shot into that little orange rectangle, and they go down like a screaming bag of shit. 

Maze Bank West becomes a mirage in less than one block.  If I'm on Lombank's rooftop and you're on the ground behind Maze Bank West, I can clearly see your character's thermal image (not just the hit-box, but arms legs and everything. - I can even see if you're doing jazz hands or air thrusting)  More often than not, I'll be able to shoot you through the building with one shot.

I've also been shot through two buildings at once.  Coincidentally, one of them was Maze Bank West.  The thermal scopes/goggles should not have been introduced into the game without fixing those rendering issues first.  But it's awesome fun listening to the squeakers calling you a hacker/modder after you take them down,  so I'm not complaining. :D

Edited by no_snacks

It wasn't explosive rounds. It was probably regular sniper as it took a couple hit to kill us. No matter where we were, he could hit us. The shots went thru several buildings and walls.

I've been shot thru the building while on top of my ceo office Lombank bldg and I've shot people a couple times in the same place. Only one of those times I was shot was with an explosive round, so I'm inclined to thing they had goggles on and used a non-MK level rifle.

The guy KNEW what he was doing was not "normal" game mechanics.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!