Heed the call of Destiny

Protocawl

Greetings, Guardians!

Let's get right to the point: I'm looking for anyone and everyone who still have the game to come team up & play it again with fellow crewmates and friends!

Destiny is definitely one of the very best co-op FPS games out there and I've been playing it for a few months now with a few friends. Would love to play the game with even more friends and crew to form fireteams to tackle the great Strikes, Nightfall Strikes, Prison of Elders, Raids and more, though! If you're a low level or just starting the game, don't fret - I'll gladly join your fireteam to help you get to grips with everything going on in the game & level all the way to the top. That's actually how I started - with the help of a friend who is a veteran Destiny player. :)

For those of you who maybe haven't touched the game much (or at all), it's pretty much an improved combination of several great games from before, most noticeably the Borderlands series and the Halo games, with certain RPG elements from other games mixed in there as well (I have some personal gameplay videos for you below). It has probably the most refined and most rewarding shooting mechanics of all FPS games and I've played my fair share of FPS games to compare it with. The story presentation is very weak, but the gameplay makes up for it. The story itself is quite intriguing once you wrap your head around it, though.

There can be a small issue of having to purchase the DLC if you don't have it all already and it isn't cheap, so it would be totally understandable if that keeps someone from playing, but if the DLC happens to go on sale at any point, it'll be worth buying if you enjoy the game like I do.

Yes, Destiny 2 is also just about to launch and I'll definitely get that in a few months' time, but we can talk about that in a separate topic. Only thing I'll say about that here is what can still bring one back to the first Destiny game are the Strike and Raid experiences above all.

Getting the attention of some of the active folks (on the site at least) around here, who I know have (or have had/played) Destiny: @DeaD_GooN, @Hatch, @b17vic, @Danielle, @wraignbow, @yo_rosta, @Xyon14(?)

I know Adsy is still playing it and a few other current & ex-crewmates, but they're no longer reachable via the site it seems. Will be reaching out to them via PSN.

Some gameplay footage as promised:

Longer videos

Levels 19-20 on Venus: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162394986

Mars gameplay: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162398181

Shorter videos

Crucible (multiplayer/PvP) special event

+ more coming soon

Comment below if you're ready to step (back) into the fight against the darkness or if you have any questions! Cheers! :)

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

I'm getting Destiny 2 tomorrow so I'll probably be busy with that for a little while.  I can't make promises right now but I love raids, strikes & pvp and would like to play those with DB, it's a great game :) 

• Like 1

I was considering grabbing Destiny 2 as well. I feel like I'll have more fun with it if jump on it right out of the gate. That's where I missed out on the first one. I started playing at about the time everyone else stopped playing. Doing everything mostly solo aside from a few randoms here and there.

I might get in on some of this though, cause I have yet to do any of the raids. I've done strikes and POE with randoms. But I would like to see the raids. 

• Like 2

I've got Destiny 2 waiting for me on my PS4. I'll probably not be playing Destiny (1) again due to the fact that I played it so much, Destiny 2 and I'm only going to be able to devote precious life time to gaming during the weekends. 

• Like 1

I won't be picking up D2, got enough to keep me happy with Star Trek and the GTA update. I liked Destiny but it was also a huge grind to me after awhile and everytime they released an update for it seemed to always be 20+ GB

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I actually just got Destiny 2 a couple weeks ago, since I can't seem to find an interest in GTA that much anymore and Destiny 1 just seems to have come to a standstill for me. I've been looking for people to play with and so far haven't had any luck, I'm always ready to play if a team's available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xChaosxSniperx19 said:

I actually just got Destiny 2 a couple weeks ago, since I can't seem to find an interest in GTA that much anymore and Destiny 1 just seems to have come to a standstill for me. I've been looking for people to play with and so far haven't had any luck, I'm always ready to play if a team's available.

Did you forget you're in a clan? At this moment there's 1 Admin & 1 member online. Use the bungie companion app to connect and co-ordinate with your fellow clan mates. While the game is fresh there should be someone online pretty much anytime.