SONY Nacon Revolution 2 Controller

6 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Interesting but the D-Pad and left thumbstick are the wrong way round. 

Something about players preferring that set-up. I think it's catering to the Xbox fans. I'm looking up reviews. I need to spend some bonus money and really considering getting one of these. 

Yeah I watched a comparison video and came to the same conclusion a while back, will keep using my bog standard one till it breaks then maybe get one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 10:27 AM, DavidCore89 said:

Razer Raiju is better IMO, used it for a while now.

This one is good for people that are used to the Xbox controller.

This isn't the 1st version of the Nacon Revolution pro in the video its the second version, I dont think its out yet, I want to see the reviews first. It looks promising though I always had a bias for the xbox styled controller when it comes to the analog stick layout. Riptide GP2 was harder to play with the DS4 because my thumbs keep bumping into each other when transitioning through stunts. If Sony makes their controllers wider along with more space between the joysticks (2") it would be decent for me, but still it wouldn't be my favorite layout.

Edited by Smurf

On 8/23/2017 at 10:42 AM, Con said:

I have big hands. But I never liked the Xbox controller size. I'll have to see one of these in person to pull the trigger on getting one. 

Same here! I hated the PS3 controller. It was just too damn small for my big hands. This might be something to look into.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 8/23/2017 at 10:27 AM, DavidCore89 said:

Razer Raiju is better IMO, used it for a while now.

This one is good for people that are used to the Xbox controller.

Dang! I just Googled that controller. Looks very cool! Does anyone here have it?

https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-controllers/razer-raiju

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$200 for a controller? JEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

20 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Dang! I just Googled that controller. Looks very cool! Does anyone here have it?

https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-controllers/razer-raiju

Yeah, I had it pre-ordered and traded in 4 old controllers to make it £100.

I love it, takes a little bit of time to get used to the slightly different shape with the added buttons for the mic and stuff.

Extra remappable buttons are very useful, and they can take some time before they become intuitive in the heat of the moment.

The sticks feel 10 times better than the DS4's.

I've used the trigger stops for quicker gunfire, but they don't help with racing and driving, so I don't use them on GTA. I don't play other shooting games, but they'll be great for that.

Overall it's a very nice controller and it'll be hard for me to go back to the DS4, but it's expensive too, so it's worth looking around for alternatives before jumping in and buying it.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

@Davidcore does it work in safe mode? I had the gioteck gc2 control for the ps3 & it will not work in safe mode, I had to plug in the original, which led me to wonder if this your wired controller works in safe mode for the PS4?

Edited by Smurf

Not sure about either.

I would expect so since both are officially licensed and I'm sure Gioteck isn't. 

Edited by DavidCore89

I wanted to buy the Titan One usb device to use a xbone control on the ps4 when I 1st bought the console.

I spoke to them directly about that & it was as if they had gotten an epiphany, saying 'I will get back to you on that which they never did.' I hope they fixed it so it can be primarily used.

Edited by Smurf