Do you like your current residence?

JustHatched

Ya know, your house, apartment, trailer, etc...? What would you change if you could?

Do you get on well with the neighbors?

I do fine with our neighbors, they are all family. 

I would like to tear the house down and build a new one, its tough to heat and air due to shitty design and cathedral ceilings, not enough closet space and to fix it to be right would cost as much as a new house. 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I love where I live. Mainly because our power lines run underground and when everyone around in town and neighboring towns loses power, we don't! A few years ago we had a serious blackout that lasted several days for people in town------we never lost a second of electricity. I live on high elevation which means we do not flood either. My townhouse is between two streets, on one side is commercial storefronts of Main St and on the other side is the quieter residential High St.  I get coffee on Main but walk my dog on High. It's like two different worlds just mere meters apart. The only negatives probably affect my wife more than me, on Main St., Friday nights is hip-hop night at a nearby club and the bass sometimes infiltrates our bedroom. Thump Thump thump, I turn the TV up or move to the living room. On Saturday nights, same club has Latin night, so music different but bass the same. There is also a bar restaurant nearby that occasionally has the biker scene and when they leave the place at 1am, they rev those loud bikes up and scare the pets. My maltese doesn't seem to give af about it though, I think he was is in an MC before.  I get along with the neighbors but my wife dislikes many of them. I also like that I don't have to mow lawns, trim weeds, plow snow, etc...those services are paid through our common charges. So I love where I live at the moment. 

Edited by ConGamePro

I love the location of my place. I'm in a village, so pretty quiet. Just 5 min car drive to town and 25 min drive to the nearest city. I'm on the edge of a national park and less than an hours drive to lots of beaches. 

I like my house, but it all needs redecorating and both front and back gardens need an overhaul to get them usable. My major annoyance is I don't have a decent space to work on my camper/car. 

Most of my neighbors keep themselves to themselves. My next door doesn't like cats and moans occasionally about mine going in his garden. He also doesn't 'get' my old rusty vw camper and likes to make comments about it. Then again I don't 'get' that he has 3 Harley Davidsons tucked up in his garage, but I'm too polite to make passive aggressive comments about them...

• Like 3

I like my apartment but in 6 weeks I am taking the plunge and moving in with my girlfriend.  She lives in a house her mom owns so we will have dirt cheap rent.  I will be saving $500-$700 a month on expenses at least and be in a much bigger place with a nice back yard in a quiet neighborhood.  But this is a first for me at 39 years old (living with a girlfriend).  I am excited and nervous.  She knows about GTA and that certain things in Los Santos need to be attended to, especially around Two Bros time on Saturdays :).  Man cave already conceptualized and in the works.

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

47 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I like my apartment but in 6 weeks I am taking the plunge and moving in with my girlfriend.  She lives in a house her mom owns so we will have dirt cheap rent.  I will be saving $500-$700 a month on expenses at least and be in a much bigger place with a nice back yard in a quiet neighborhood.  But this is a first for me at 39 years old (living with a girlfriend).  I am excited and nervous.  She knows about GTA and that certain things in Los Santos need to be attended to, especially around Two Bros time on Saturdays :).  Man cave already conceptualized and in the works.

Awesome! You gonna learn a lot living with a woman.

Save that bread, that's a lot of money to be saving. Good luck my man! Glad she knows the gaming parameters. lol. Same here I told my now wife, three things you will never get me to stop, video games being one, if you have an issue in the past, now, or future let me know now and I'll save us a lot of time. (It sounds like I'm choosing a game over a relationship but I'm just protecting the things I love to do.)

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 2

Love where I live. It's far enough away from the city to be very secluded, but close enough to ride my bicycle to the grocery store. Most of my neighbours are family or old family friends and we all get along. I have a huge yard for my two boxers to enjoy and plenty of space for my gardens. 

My only complaint is the ridiculously slow internet access. I pay for 10Mb DL 1 Mb UL, but rarely receive better than 2Mb DL 0.5 Mb UL. I am actually in the process of remodeling the whole downstairs of the house while I live upstairs as I fight with my ISP and local government to attempt to get faster internet. If I finish all the remodeling before my net is upgraded I am planning on moving somewhere closer to town with 21st century internet speeds.

• Like 1

Hate it... I live in a cul-de-sac, in a semi detached house (duplex). My husband bought it 25 years ago, I've been here 18 years. Its awful, tiny kitchen, wonky walls, no closets and with the wonky walls its hard to find a wardrobe that is short enough to fit on the angles. Can't do much in the gardens either, when they built the houses in the street ours was the house where they dumped a lot of building debris, when they finished the put about 6 inches of soil on top and left it. So a proper garden is out of the question. You can only grow so much in pots and containers. 

Our neighbors are great to the left of us, but the ones behind us are dicks. They have been there for 8 years, nice enough but they don't know how to look after their pets and their kids are spoiled over indulged little shits with no respect for anyone. They have their house up for sale, but they have painted their PVC door with fence paint...They now wonder why no one is biting. Why did they have to go and do that for? At this rate they will never move :'(.

Since I grew up on a farm in Canada with cows as my closest neighbors, I find that I miss them more and more. Town living is not for me and to be honest I would leave here in a second and never look back. Its a great place to visit but to live here....no. Plus it rains way more here than in Vancouver, and that says a lot.

• Sad 1

Live at home with my parents whilst I'm at uni, can't complain at the costs/having a few cooked meals each week but I have lived myself for a year in first year and there are obviously benefits to that also, but I can't afford or justify moving out again till I'm working full time tbh

• Like 1

Yes and no. It, well the timber,  was moved and rebuilt in 1906, so it has a rather low ceiling in places and the floor is different levels in many rooms. I am stuck with a air/air fan heating system.  And even with six bedrooms we always seem to lack storage space and we don't have a big enough laundry room. I like a big garden so the neighbour can mind their own business. 

I live in a very typical for the UK 2 bedroom back to back terrace. It's big enough for the two of us although I'd imagine it would feel very cramped if there were any more people living here. 

The area isn't fantastic but it's reasonably cheap and the commute to work is fantastic. 

The neighbours aren't bad although the walls are thin and can hear a lot going on from all sides. They can probably also hear me so not sure who has got the worse deal there! 

• Haha 3

I like it so far. 

Bought my first house last year, will be 1 year in this september. 

It has 3 bedrooms, a big enough living room and a small but sufficient garden. There was no kitchen when we bought it so we destroyed part of a wall to have the kitchen with the living room and installed one as we wanted. We repainted almost every wall, completely remade the lawn, changed half of the radiators and put some wooden floor in the three bedrooms. This summer I repainted all the doors, inside and outside, cleaned the facade and terrace and repainted the toilets, adding some school board paint on one wall to write bullshit on when... well actually shitting :D:D 

I like it cause we have done a lot of things to our taste since buying it. It's in a closed residence so added security which is good if you have kids I guess. 

We have have a common wall with the neighbors but it's our garage and living room so it's fine. It's a young couple, they just had a kid but he doesn't cry much :D Don't really talk to them though, just hello when we see them. On the other side it's an old nice lady. She must have been cool when she was younger. She seems fun. 

But being in a residence, there are a lot of people very close by so it can feel a bit oppressive and there's always a bit of noise coming from somewhere. But the price was much lower than what we'd seen elsewhere and it was only a few hundred meters from our previous apartment so easy moving and I could keep going to work with the tramway. 

Will definitely not spend our life here though. :) 

• Like 1

It's fine where I live, though I will be moving sometime in the next few months. It's a small student apartment and since I haven't been a student since November, it's time to find something new (and bigger). The small ass kitchen in the living room is driving me insane at this point. I'm hoping to find a place in the same area which is just a few minutes walk from the city centre. Hopefully it will be with neighbors as quiet as my current ones. Almost never hear any of them. I'm probably the noisy fucker in the building.:D

Edited by Banketelli
  • Haha 1