Bugged Jobs

djw180

Seems they just want people to search for any possible existing solutions first before sending a request ticket, I can imagine they're getting a shitload of those tickets all the time, and they're trying to make it more manageable, so if you open any existing post/link/thread/whatever there, the "Request" option will be on the right side of your screen.

Edited by Protocawl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• djw180

• JuniorChubb

• Mythaga

I'm going to put a support ticket in now that I've calmed down enough not to make it an expletive filled rant. 

I'm also going to attach a video showing exactly what the issue is when I try to fix it. Hopefully we can spread this around the creator community and see if we can get Rockstar to take notice.

• Like 1

Expect to recieve this exact same answer:

Hello zmurko Squirrel,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing this issue in the game. In an attempt to resolve these issues, we would like to try resetting the local user profile settings for the game. You do not have to worry about losing any progress, as this simply clears some temporary files associated with the game.

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1) Fully shut down your console.
2) After 30 seconds of the console being shut down, restart the console.
3) Launch GTAV.
4) When launching GTAV, wait until a black screen appears after the initial splash art has disappeared, and hold down L1+R1 throughout the opening scenes.
5) If successful, you will be prompted to re-calibrate your language and brightness options.

If this does not resolve the issue, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Gavin D.
Rockstar Support

:rolleyes:

I still dont know what to answer back and not sound too sarcastic.

Classic Rockstar response:

Alvin C. (Rockstar Support)

Jul 11, 04:42 EDT 

Hello Squirrel__Army,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

If you would like to provide feedback or ideas for GTA Online, please write directly to our developers at GTAOnline@rockstargames.com.

Although we cannot guarantee a response from this address, the Development Team reviews submissions and appreciates feedback from the Community.

Best Regards,

Alvin C.
Rockstar Support

@Squirrel  I've had a similar response before. I replied explaining in very simple langauge that someone who has never played the game and never even heard of the creator (which I'm sure is the case with whoever reads the support tickets) can understand, that there is a bug with their game. That did get through to them that there was a problem that needs fixing. Of course they have yet to fix it but they did at least reply acknowledging the problem but saying it wasn't a priority. This was when I reported custom vehicles being available when they shouldn't be. So it may be worth doing what I did as well as emailing the developers. Hopefully someone there can understand the problem eventually.

Edited by djw180

I've asked/told them that the issue isn't solved and to refer the problem to somebody who is higher than tier 1 who understands the issue. If they don't respond I'll just put in a second and third ticket etc until it gets read by someone who understands. Also tweeted rockstar about the issue. I'm not going to let this lie until the problem is solved. 

• Like 2

Little bit of progress. I directed the support guys towards the community post and have just received this response. Watch this space, we may get it resolved.

IMG_1574.thumb.PNG.aa2e6a4cfab42ca0c5b276809a13ddbe.PNG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, Squirrel said:

@JuniorChubb spotted your post on GTAF. Can you make a video of what you're doing to try and fix your Monaco track. May be able to see a solution 

Cheers Squizzel, will do :)

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

This bug particularly effects water races as they often, by necessity, have triggers placed near the coast. I've found all of the following do not work.

Afternoon Typhoon @Protocawl

Boats n Hoes @nicolabellamy77

Cave Dancing, River Rampage, Seashark 62 @Hatch

Jet Moto @kernalhogan

LS Canals Marathon @zmurko

Rounaboat @ScottyB

Seashark Kaboom @Pb76

Swamp sharks @Jaggy

Up the Drain @Squirrel

Wet n Wild @revbouncer

XDBX Regatta @Beez - I noticed this was broken a while ago, maybe it's the same bug, who knows?

Basicaly to fix it you need to move the trigger further inland or put it on top of a prop, see Squirrels post here. But be warned that it makes a new version of your race, different link on Rockstar social club, all plays and likes deleted. So you may want to make and edit a copy, keeping the original in the hope the bug does get fixed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, djw180 said:

This bug particularly effects water races as they often, by necessity, have triggers placed near the coast. I've found all of the following do not work.

Thanks for looking into all the jobs DJ. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This is worthy of a bump. I’ve just popped into the creator to update a couple of my oval tracks now that we have the Hotring Racer and an extra 50 props to play with and I thought I’d check on my broken Suzuka job that I couldn’t edit due to the trigger bug. 

This seems to have been fixed at last! ?

• Like 4

Ok not so fixed, trigger in the wrong place still causes issues but I have been able to edit the track. Will report back again once I've done some more investigating

Squirrel, try moving the trigger then changing the job type to Transform race then back to stunt race.... might just fix it.

Also 50 more props... I am in heaven. If prop memory has gone up too then I will be in Creator all week.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Squirrel, try moving the trigger then changing the job type to Transform race then back to stunt race.... might just fix it.

Also 50 more props... I am in heaven. If prop memory has gone up too then I will be in Creator all week.

That's helped Chubb. I've only played with a copy of the track but it loads and works. I'll be able to revamp that track and some of my others too. 

• Like 1

Glad it worked Squirrel, I was determined to get my Monaco working again and after 30 mins of trying I noticed the change race type option and bingo.

Good to see in Creator too :)

Those extra props are gonna be sweet... I could just add 50 trees to Monza

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2