Bugged Jobs

djw180

Word got round about this yesterday but I thought I'd post here as well.

We've found a number of jobs that will not load with an error saying something like there's bad data in them and they need remaking (don't remember exact wording).

Based on those I know are effected I think it must be related to the Gunrunning update. One of them is Squirrel's Surfs Up II and I'm sure I have done quite recently before Gunrunning came out. After a bit of discussion I think we have ruled out the actual locations of the bunkers being the cause as some of those effected are no where near any bunkers, but of course it's possible there are multiple causes of the bug. It also can not be related just to specific props as one effected has no props in it.

If we all had the time the best thing would be test all our jobs to see which are effected, but most of us don't have the time to do that. So I think the best advice is for playlist hosts to try and test all jobs before they include them, easy for races, not so easy for other jobs. But as yet I am only aware of this effecting races. I'd also suggest if you find one of your jobs not loading then report it to Rockstar, https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us.

May also help to list any we know are effected

@zmurko LS Canals Marathon

@DeaD_GooN Raton Canyon rally

@Squirrel Surfs Up II, ROC Vespucci, ROC Del Perro

@Mythaga also mentioned one

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• djw180

• JuniorChubb

• Mythaga

Doesn't seem to be any pattern. There's normal land races and stunt races. My surfs up race doesn't contain any props so it's not a prop causing a problem. 

My race is RX-Chumash. It was the I/E update that broke it though. Its very odd as it let me load it into creator,  but won't let me play it? Strange...

1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

Could be description issue.

A way to find out would be to try and re-publish the affected jobs.

Good point. Squirrel mentioned that as well but looking at the descriptions of one of his effected jobs (I forget which one) it was hard to see how that may have been the cause.

@Mythaga did you manage to re-publish one of yours by changing the description?

(It was getting late for me last night and I forget what was and wasn't tried).

Tried the description on one job. Thought Faggio might be causing an issue so changed it and tried again but had no effect. One of the other affected jobs just had a single word description.

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

Good point. Squirrel mentioned that as well but looking at the descriptions of one of his effected jobs (I forget which one) it was hard to see how that may have been the cause.

@Mythaga did you manage to re-publish one of yours by changing the description?

(It was getting late for me last night and I forget what was and wasn't tried).

No not tried that, doubt that is the reason. 

Didn't we establish that these jobs were all around the chumash area/on or near the beach?

1 hour ago, Mythaga said:

No not tried that, doubt that is the reason. 

Didn't we establish that these jobs were all around the chumash area/on or near the beach?

They are all on the beach (or above them in the case of Squirrel's Race of Champions).

I just tried a couple of others located on beaches / coast. Some work, some don't. And that includes captures and DMs, so we know it's not just races

Not loading & located on the coast

@Lann - Cargobrawl capture, Pirates of the North LTS

@BlackRabbit -  King of the Hill TDM

ErnYoung - Water Wings air race

@revbouncer - Wet and Wild, water race (mainly sea)

So it must be to do with being located on the coast but not everything fails to load.

Could it be those that cross the sea?

Edited by djw180

@Squirrel I just tried Hockenheim, it's OK, and that is definitely over the sea in places.

I'm going to stop testing now. But it must be related to either crossing the sea or maybe where the triggers are

1 minute ago, Lann said:

Global warming flooding the triggers placed too close to the ocean. :)

That could be it?

I know the trigger for my track is partially in the sea...hummmm if I can get it the load in creator again I will move it see what happens

2 minutes ago, djw180 said:

@Squirrel I just tried Hockenheim, it's OK, and that is definitely over the sea in places.

I'm going to stop testing now. But it must be related to either crossing the sea or maybe where the triggers are

That could be it?

That's good to know, could someone possibly also check Austria? it's the race after Hockenheim and if we need to get it remade it's better to have plenty of notice.

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

That's good to know, could someone possibly also check Austria? it's the race after Hockenheim and if we need to get it remade it's better to have plenty of notice.

Austria loads, but it's all over land.

Tried a couple more, @kernalhogan's Blazing Aquas doesn't load that is set mainly at sea. Escape the police loads, that goes over bridges close to the sea but, if the sea is the problem, not too far out to sea.

Guys think I'very sussed it. Loaded my RX-Chumash race into creator, moved the trigger which was partially in the sea, in land. Test, update version....

It works!!! ???

• Like 5

Seems like I've found another bug. 

When I edited my Blazing Aquas race and re-published it, a new version of the race was published. So now I have two copies of the race; the original broken version that already had plays, and a new (hopefully) fixed version with no plays.

I've also been making changes to another stunt race of mine Roy G. Biv. I just noticed however that there are four separate versions listed in my created jobs list. Not sure which versions have what updates done to them.

When I load into the creator I have both versions of Blazing Aquas listed in the Published section, but the three extra versions of Roy G. Biv are listed in the Saved section.

Ugh! Every update it's the same thing. Fix one bug, create two more.

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is not good, it's completely broken my Suzuka track. I can't place the trigger anywhere near the track and it will mean the whole job will need to be scrapped due to the location. Rockstar need to fix this crap!

Upvoted.

Btw, you're better off if you just put in an official ticket/request (though to be honest I can't seem to find where to do that on their support page). I don't think they actually solve problems posted on the community pages, unless it's an easy fix and they're aware of the post.

So, put in an official support ticket (make sure you post the link to the community question in the request as well), then twit them asking to look into your ticket (twit the link). That will usually provide a respond from them within hours.

I looked for the official support request but the link does seem to be missing from the website. It's almost as if they want to make it really difficult to report problems