Joining?

Sagrawa

Since I've enjoyed countless hours over the past months with you guys and befriended many, I think it is time to ask the question: Will you let me be a part of you 'till R* do us part?

To be honest: I have also asked VANS for the same thing because, they too, have won my heart. I will remain devoted to both though, and in case there is a domestic battle, I can be the impartial judge and enjoy the show;)

Just a little bit about me before you make your decision:

I'm an old guy (37) with way too much spare time on his hands. I mostly sit behind my tv and pc because I like it and get most of my income from sports-betting. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very active physically; cycling, mma, mountaineering and basketball are part of my favourite passtimes. In gaming I'm just your average racer and average killer, but I am insanely good at finding out stuff; Was the first to own a Cargobob, first to know the Z-Type had the highest top speed, first to know the power of the R2K in Fully Loaded, first to know what to do with I/E and some glitches I never told anyone but a few close friends. Sounds like I like to blow my own horn when I tell it like that (well, would like it probably, as my own hands often do a better job than someone else's;), but I am usually pretty modest. I just give credit where credit's due and don't mind giving it to myself when I also give it to others. Now that you know all that: You can call me 'Sag'.

Edited by Sagrawa
  • Like 7
7 minutes ago, Sagrawa said:

Since I've enjoyed countless hours over the past months with you guys and befriended many, I think it is time to ask the question: Will you let me be a part of you 'till R* do us part?

To be honest: I have also asked VANS for the same thing because, they too, have won my heart. I will remain devoted to both though, and in case there is a domestic battle, I can be the impartial judge and enjoy the show;)

Just a little bit about me before you make your decision:

I'm an old guy (37) with way too much spare time on his hands. I mostly sit behind my tv and pc because I like it and get most of my income from sports-betting. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very active physically; cycling, mma, mountaineering and basketball are part of my favourite passtimes. In gaming I'm just your average racer and average killer, but I am insanely good at finding out stuff; Was the first to own a Cargobob, first to know the Z-Type had the highest top speed, first to know the power of the R2K in Fully Loaded, first to know what to do with I/E and some glitches I never told anyone but a few close friends. Sounds like I like to blow my own horn when I tell it like that (well, would like it probably, as my own hands often do a better job than someone else's;), but I am usually pretty modest. I just give credit where credit's due and don't mind giving it to myself when I also give it to others. Now that you know all that: You can call me 'Sag'.

Glad to have you aboard.  I am fascinated by your career in sports betting.  I played poker to supplement my income for many years and full time once for about 14 months.  That was tough but I think betting sports would be even more difficult.  I used to keep track of my sports betting results and was thrilled when I beat the vig once over two seasons of football.  The fact that people hit 55% or higher year after year against the spread still amazes me :) 

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Sag don't worry about being in both crews, with GTA getting on and players moving on to other games we sometimes need to share our members. VANS and XDBX get on well and we have a few players who are members of both.

Being a VANS Commissioner I can highly recommend Sag, fair player, knowledgeable on the game and fun to play with.

However we get dibs for CotC (we need the numbers) ;)

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 5

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Welcome to Domestic Battery Gaming. Some of out members call this their gaming family, I hope it can be yours too. Please answer these 5 questions that we ask all new members.

1. What time zone are you active in? (example East Coast of the US is GMT -5)

2. Is your Social Club profile linked to your PSN account and set to public view? This is so we can check you're not using a modified account.

3. For 2 weeks our tags must remain active (during Vetting), can you abide by this? (Afterwards you can swap at will but we should be your primary).

4. Will you be able to attend at least 1 event and/or game with the crew once per week and visit out site frequently?

5. And most importantly, what are your reasons you're wanting to join the crew?

After you answer these questions and invite will be sent to you on Social Club. Please read our Crew Policy if you have not done so.

Welcome Sag, sorry for the form response but it saves time. 

@pete_95973 Thanks!

I played a bit of poker as well and made a bit of money. The two could be compared, but are completely different. In poker there are just a few factors that decide the outcome, whereas in sports-betting there are a multitude of factors that influence the outcome. Poker can be easier to make money off, as you basically only need to read some stuff to move the odds in your favour and you aren't screwed out of 7,5% each bet. Sports-betting can be far easier though when you are simply miles ahead of the bookies. main difference is that you can learn to be a decent poker-player if you're decent at math and for sports-betting you need to have a third eye and/or incredible math insight. I can teach someone how to be a good poker-player, but couldn't teach someone to be good at sports-betting (other than things like abusing odds-changes because algorithms (that use the amount of bets placed on a certain thing) change them.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Beez said:

Welcome to Domestic Battery Gaming. Some of out members call this their gaming family, I hope it can be yours too. Please answer these 5 questions that we ask all new members.

1. What time zone are you active in? (example East Coast of the US is GMT -5)

2. Is your Social Club profile linked to your PSN account and set to public view? This is so we can check you're not using a modified account.

3. For 2 weeks our tags must remain active (during Vetting), can you abide by this? (Afterwards you can swap at will but we should be your primary).

4. Will you be able to attend at least 1 event and/or game with the crew once per week and visit out site frequently?

5. And most importantly, what are your reasons you're wanting to join the crew?

After you answer these questions and invite will be sent to you on Social Club. Please read our Crew Policy if you have not done so.

Welcome Sag, sorry for the form response but it saves time. 

Wanted to like your post, but all out for the day;(

To answer your questions:

1. It's UTC+2, I live in The Netherlands

2. Yes, and I'm totally clean (well, apart from my money stats being completely screwed because of the billionaire days)

3. No problem.

4. Already doing so:)

5. Might have put it as a joke in my post, but I really enjoyed every minute I played with the members here. I don't have have such a bunch of you in my friends list because I needed friends; it's because I genuinely like every single one of you. That was already enough for me, but was pleasantly surprised by how people are speaking here on the forum ;In proper English(even the ones who apologise for not doing that) and, most importantly, the respect everyone has for eachother , which really pushed me over

Welcome to the crew.

Regarding the sports betting, I'm a big fan, but mostly for the added excitement as I'd never be successful enough to make a living from it.

You can be the tipster around here :)

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Welcome to the crew.

Regarding the sports betting, I'm a big fan, but mostly for the added excitement as I'd never be successful enough to make a living from it.

Quite often this is my mindset with sports (if its not my favorite team playing).

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Welcome to the crew.

Thanks, David.

It's really hard to tip, as most things are done on the fly, just before the bookies are aware of it. Most of my winning bets are in cycling races and international soccer matches that have already advanced a bit. Can give you a tip on tennis though: When Maria Sharapova's hype drops and her odds of winning Wimbledon go below 1/8, it's a bet worth taking. Don't ask me how I get the 1/8 odds, I don't know either. A good bet is also Froome winning the Tour de France. Some sites are still giving 2.15/1 or 2.1/1 odds. This is very calculated: The only other real favourites are in the Giro now, and no one in recent years has had the stamina to peak in both. Of the other favorites, one (Richie Porte) has never  won anything big and the other one (Alberto Contador) has been degrading over the past few years. He has easily won the past years. He has shown form this year and his main goal is winning it again. He hardly ever makes mistakes that could cause him to fall out of the race or lose a lot of time. His entire team is made and focused on him winning it.My legit odds would be 1.7/1 to him winning.

• Like 2

Thanks, guys. Knew I was welcome, but always nice to see it confirmed:)

For those interested in sports-betting:

I was completely bullshitting when I said I couldn't give you more tips and couldn't teach how to do it to a certain point. I was drunk when writing and my brain just wasn't working properly. Here are my real guidelines:

1. Check several betting sites, as they often have different odds.

2. Don't simply bet on the one you think will win, bet on the odds. It's easy to bet on Real Madrid or Barcelona to win something, but they will often be very bad bets to make.

3. Bet on sports where you have real knowledge of. You need to know more than the bookies when placing a bet before a race.                                 4. If you have a "Gut feeling" and the odds say you're completely off...Bet!  This is probably the most important of all!                                                  5. Bet on a game/match/stage you are watching and use your wits to see who may have the advantage. I've often made money by betting after 5-10 minutes of a soccer match and going against the odds. Also in any race you will often see a guy doing well, but not being in front yet, getting good odds to win.

6. Bet on things where you know bookies don't know much about: I bet on cycling and international soccer matches mostly myself. You can make a killing when you know a lot about Beach-volley or something like that.                                                                                                                            7. When cash-outs are possible, make bets in a race/game/stage where you have a good feeling the odds will change  quickly and cash out. It'll always be to your disadvantage to cash out by a large margin, but you can still use it to your favour)                                                                            9. 8.NEVER EVER invest money you need for other things! No matter how good you are at betting, you can always lose!

I may have forgotten a few things, but this should be ok.

Here's a screenshot of some bets I placed today on cycling. It shows a simple cashout and some bets I won. (Note, the top two bets were wins)

Edit: No idea how to add a pic. Manual bbcode isn't working. Don't even know how to  use the enter-key here or know how to make a post without it looking like this^. Can someone explain it to me?

Edited by Sagrawa
Not working
  • 2 weeks later...