Fido_le_muet

Pau Street Circuit

Hey crew !

First try at a track with elevation changes. It's very hard especially in the turns and when you have to link sections of the track.

Hopefully, it's good enough. There are two bumps that annoy me a little but I always fail to remove them so it will have to do. It's not race breaking but they need to be taken with caution.

The layout is pretty decent, except the downhill part at the end which I had to simplify.

I tried to add as much scenery I could. The track is fairly close to the ground but as you go up, there is less things to see obviously.

There is a working pitlane just before the final CP.

Feedback please :D

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Fido_le_muet/games/gtav/jobs/job/fPSEnn7FeE-hukfMLoQudQ?platformId=11

Have you tried using the sloping track pieces? On the stunt track menu go left instead of right, you have a range of angled slopes both going up and down. You don't need to use the full length of the slope pieces too, it's a little fiddly but it's quite rewarding making a short shallow slope. I need to make a video tutorial explaining what I mean but you can see me using the method here:

I see it now, such a subtle incline you barely notice it. 

Is one of the bumps at 1:02 in your video? 

Is something like this possible? Angles are over exaggerated but I think you can see what I mean.This all depends on if you have the space to hide the excess track section.

arcs.thumb.JPG.7fe447a5987f57abe32e60b6946322aa.JPG

26 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I see it now, such a subtle incline you barely notice it. 

Is one of the bumps at 1:02 in your video? 

Is something like this possible? Angles are over exaggerated but I think you can see what I mean.This all depends on if you have the space to hide the excess track section.

arcs.thumb.JPG.7fe447a5987f57abe32e60b6946322aa.JPG

I could try this on one of the bumps yes. Thanks

1 minute ago, zmurko said:

Very good recreation of the track, including the surroundings.

You pretty much nailed it, but I miss real streets and even more bumps. :(

I hear you my friend but I'm afraid you can't have both : streets and great track recreation :(

I have a street circuit in mind made with actual LS streets so hoepfully that should suit your taste more :D

If it's a good one maybe you can put it in your street racing championship :)

2 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Very good recreation of the track, including the surroundings.

You pretty much nailed it, but I miss real streets and even more bumps. :(

Definitely derailing the thread here but what we need is a game that matches the racing physics of something like Project Cars but has a track editor similar to what is possible in games like Planet Coaster with the added bonus of placing buildings like in Cities Skylines. There would be nothing stopping us creating any track ever made except perhaps the limit of our PC power. Maybe one day we could get something like this but for now GTA is the best we have. 

• Like 1

I tend to use the 5 degree track piece as a template and place it beside the track so that I know what the limitations are when placing the corners down :) don't know it that helps at all?

• Like 1