Special Races & Vehicles

Squirrel

With the latest DLC special vehicle races have been added for the Ruiner 2000, Rocket Voltic and Blazer Aqua. Within these races customs are always turned on. Due to the excessive cost of these custom vehicles some discussion will be needed about what to do in terms of playlists and the use of these vehicles. 

These new races are locked to the vehicles listed, there are no cheaper alternatives at this stage. There is also the possibility to create new special vehicle races in the creator in the future.

The purpose of this thread is to gain some thoughts from the crew with the view of adding these new races to playlists etc. I've added a poll so we can gauge how many people own them, add your opinions about the proposed use of the vehicles in the discussion below. 

Is it the same issue as other races that are meant to be locked to a single vehicle? i.e. you can't turn customs off, unless the job is in a playlist and not the first job?

We'd have to try making a playlist to see but with the other Rockstar stunt races there was always the option to turn off customs even when hosting individually.

Just now, Squirrel said:

We'd have to try making a playlist to see but with the other Rockstar stunt races there was always the option to turn off customs even when hosting individually.

That's because they have more than one non-custom vehicle. It's just those with a single non-custom option that don't allow customs off, which of course are the main ones you want customs off for.

Same as Lime's answer. I don't plan on buying any but don't mind racing a stock one. 

I'm not competitive with half the crew even when we are all in the same stock vehicle or a fully upgraded custom car that is best-in-class, Sterling GT for example. I'm ok with that though and still like racing. Prices for everything keep going up and I am playing less thus earning less so I'll save my GTA$ for stuff I really want.

• Like 1

I own all three of these.  And despite the cost I absolutely love the Ruiner and Rocket Voltic.  Even just to cruise around free mode in.  Now I am even more glad I have them because of the races.  However, this crew is so good at racing I still see myself not winning races even if I am one of the few that has the customs :)

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Just now, pete_95973 said:

However, this crew is so good at racing I still see myself not winning races even if I am one of the few that has the customs :)

Challenge accepted :D

• Like 1

I just tried a PL with 3 of these new races in. There was no option to turn customs off for any of them. So it seems to me this is not the same bug that effects other single-vehicle races. Given even other issues with Rockstar I have no idea whether this is another bug, intentional or they just never even considered that it might be a problem.

I think it's up to each host whether or not they will include them in their PLs. And I don't really see the big deal. Maybe because I already own the cars, maybe not. I mean, everyone still gets to race. It's just if you wanna be competitive, you have to go get them.

Haven't had much fun in free roam with the Ruiner, so far a waste of money, but could be a blast if the races are done right. Also looking forward to try some amphibious racing with the Blazer. As for the Rocket car, no matter the races, for me it's still by far the funniest vehicle in the game. Spent hours just flying through the landscapes. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I own all three of these.  And despite the cost I absolutely love the Ruiner and Rocket Voltic.  Even just to cruise around free mode in.  Now I am even more glad I have them because of the races.  However, this crew is so good at racing I still see myself not winning races even if I am one of the few that has the customs :)

The Voltec WAS my fav, but I've pretty much mastered the Ruiner in free roam, Ghosted and not. I LOVE jumping and taking out a Buzzard!

I didn't know you could mod the Aqua until this morning. It's fairly quick modded.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Just now, djw180 said:

I just tried a PL with 3 of these new races in. There was no option to turn customs off for any of them. So it seems to me this is not the same bug that effects other single-vehicle races. Given even other issues with Rockstar I have no idea whether this is another bug, intentional or they just never even considered that it might be a problem.

It's a simple case of increasing shark card sales.

As I said in the shoutbox there are 3 choices with these new races. 

• Be non-competitive in the races
  • Grind CEO/Stunt races etc until you can afford one
  • Buy Shark card(s)

Also the timing of the release is also very relevant. Forcing people to make expensive purchases now before releasing some highly sought after vehicles a couple of weeks later. Either play lots or pay lots. Both good solutions for Rockstars business model. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banketelli said:

I think it's up to each host whether or not they will include them in their PLs. And I don't really see the big deal. Maybe because I already own the cars, maybe not. I mean, everyone still gets to race. It's just if you wanna be competitive, you have to go get them.

Haven't had much fun in free roam with the Ruiner, so far a waste of money, but could be a blast if the races are done right. Also looking forward to try some amphibious racing with the Blazer. As for the Rocket car, no matter the races, for me it's still by far the funniest vehicle in the game. Spent hours just flying through the landscapes. 

Practice with the Ruiner !!!!!!!! You will come to love it and laugh a lot. Get creative with it!

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

It's a simple case of increasing shark card sales.

As I said in the shoutbox there are 3 choices with these new races. 

• Be non-competitive in the races
  • Grind CEO/Stunt races etc until you can afford one
  • Buy Shark card(s)

Also the timing of the release is also very relevant. Forcing people to make expensive purchases now before releasing some highly sought after vehicles a couple of weeks later. Either play lots or pay lots. Both good solutions for Rockstars business model. 

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Got Ruiner and Blazer.

Gonna earn/buy a card for the Voltic.

Gotta get them to be competitive in these races, without the option to turn customs of there's nothing to stop anyone from using them.

Should be the hosts call to include the races, but know that some will have customs and some won't.

Due to the costs, I'm gonna use my vehicles as much as possible to recoup some cash.

There are 20 new dedicated races for the 3 cars. I wish I had bought all 3 last weekend now instead of just the Ruiner

These races are also double cash right now too.

Edited by Squirrel

As far as crew play lists, we can include these races with no problem if we agree to choose either custom of stock vehicles before we start the playlist. These races are too fun to not include them.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!