Horizon New Dawn

Righteous

Aha I'll write you one today ;)

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Alright @Righteous, even though i feel like i'm cheating here you have "a" review of the game that i sort of read as well, saying that it has beaten Zelda, a sales review that is sort of important and says something about it. I'll tell you what i think of the game so far(i bet i'll be much more impressed by it) but i think you should read some real reviews before buying if money is an issue... If not buy it if you have free time and enjoy story driven RPG style sp games. I do so i bought it and it's beautiful, the story fits my books, have only played for a few hours but i've thought about playing it on occasions i could not, haven't been playing much unfortunately :(
I can tell you that i can now tame some mechanical horses, scouts and i'm genuinely intrigued about what has happened there.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/06/horizon-zero-dawn-is-ps4s-biggest-ever-new-ip-beats-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-to-uk-no-1/

And here you have a real review and introduction to the story i have not read but searched for you (cheating:D)

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/horizon-zero-dawn-review/1900-6416620/

Have fun mate :)

• Like 4

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

8 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I can't believe GTA 5 is still that high on those sales list.

Now i do wonder if in game purchases are ranked there, my guess it they are.

www.ishare4free.com

12 minutes ago, grjkie said:

Now i do wonder if in game purchases are ranked there, my guess it they are.

I don't think so. I believe they count only sales of physical and digital copies. Not ingame transactions.

• Like 1

It's still selling like that? that's just fucking crazy, of course they are updating gta online constantly fuckin hell lol

www.ishare4free.com

This game has really surprised me, I've been glued to it since buying it on Saturday morning. If you have played the last 3 Far Cry games there's a lot of similarities in things like crafting and skill levelling. I'm also gonna paste a review that I agree with (not so good at writing reviews myself) but I don't think you will regret getting it :)

From Reddit (I removed some potential spoilers, machine names etc) - 

I'm about 25 hours in and this is the phrase I just keep coming back to with Horizon. It has just about EVERYTHING I long for in a game.

• Tight, satisfying combat. Seriously, the combat in this game is just as good as anything you would find in a more linear action game. Aloy controls amazingly, the whole component system with the machines is genius, demanding real strategy and precision, and just the whole gameplay loop in general is fantastically well thought-out.

• An awe-inspiring open world. This game has the best open world I've ever seen. The map is just perfectly designed - it's big enough to feel truly expansive, but tight enough to never get boring, and the variety of biomes is INCREDIBLE. Whether it be forest, snowy mountains, desert, or jungle, each biome is gorgeous and interesting to explore. And the game even has the COOLEST city I've seen in a game with Meridian, which feels like something out of Game of Thrones.

• An engaging story. Horizon's story is SO much better than I was expecting. I'm at the point where you really start learning about what exactly happened to the old world and I'm amazed by how fascinated I am by all the history and lore. I'm actually reading all of the text documents, listening to every audio log, etc... This story is so much better than it ever needed to be, considering that I was expecting something merely passable.

• Incredible visuals/sound. I don't need to explain this one much, you've all seen the game. But let's just take a second to appreciate how well the thing runs! It has near-flawless performance! Guerilla needs to be applauded for their technical clout here. The sound design is awesome and the music is great as well. 25 hours in and I'm still hearing new tracks playing as I explore.

• A bunch of other stuff like RPG-lite systems that work well, side quests that amount to more than just "Go fetch me some chickens," interesting side activities, DUNGEONS, a reasonable number of collectibles, and good horse/mount controls!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Danielle said:

This game has really surprised me, I've been glued to it since buying it on Saturday morning. If you have played the last 3 Far Cry games there's a lot of similarities in things like crafting and skill levelling. I'm also gonna paste a review that I agree with (not so good at writing reviews myself) but I don't think you will regret getting it :)

I'm about 25 hours in and this is the phrase I just keep coming back to with Horizon. It has just about EVERYTHING I long for in a game.

• Tight, satisfying combat. Seriously, the combat in this game is just as good as anything you would find in a more linear action game. Aloy controls amazingly, the whole component system with the machines is genius, demanding real strategy and precision, and just the whole gameplay loop in general is fantastically well thought-out.

• An awe-inspiring open world. This game has the best open world I've ever seen. The map is just perfectly designed - it's big enough to feel truly expansive, but tight enough to never get boring, and the variety of biomes is INCREDIBLE. Whether it be forest, snowy mountains, desert, or jungle, each biome is gorgeous and interesting to explore. And the game even has the COOLEST city I've seen in a game with Meridian, which feels like something out of Game of Thrones.

• An engaging story. Horizon's story is SO much better than I was expecting. I'm at the point where you really start learning about what exactly happened to the old world and I'm amazed by how fascinated I am by all the history and lore. I'm actually reading all of the text documents, listening to every audio log, etc... This story is so much better than it ever needed to be, considering that I was expecting something merely passable.

• Incredible visuals/sound. I don't need to explain this one much, you've all seen the game. But let's just take a second to appreciate how well the thing runs! It has near-flawless performance! Guerilla needs to be applauded for their technical clout here. The sound design is awesome and the music is great as well. 25 hours in and I'm still hearing new tracks playing as I explore.

• A bunch of other stuff like RPG-lite systems that work well, side quests that amount to more than just "Go fetch me some chickens," interesting side activities, DUNGEONS, a reasonable number of collectibles, and good horse/mount controls!

I can't see anything on your actual post(on the phone) but I can see the quoted message actually contains the missing text lol

Proceeding a question that could possibly be a plot disclosure so I'll lock in a spoiler :)

Am I going to be as excited as I think with story development regarding some sort of AI and an apocalypse combined? 

www.ishare4free.com

Also biggest Sony IP means that we could be getting in the future an exclusive morpg based on it, just saying :)

www.ishare4free.com

34 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I loved playing Far Cry. Any open world game usually gets me hooked which is why I'm so intrigued by Horizon.

Is there any online element?

No, not impossible to add something though if it indeed succeeds as Sony's biggest IP :D

Or maybe a future spin morpg off it, who knows :D

www.ishare4free.com

1 hour ago, grjkie said:

I can't see anything on your actual post(on the phone) but I can see the quoted message actually contains the missing text lol

Proceeding a question that could possibly be a plot disclosure so I'll lock in a spoiler :)

Hide contents

Am I going to be as excited as I think with story development regarding some sort of AI and an apocalypse combined? 

It seems to be heading that way, I have only just started the main story. Most of my time so far I've been working on various side quests and a hunting quest which was incredibly good fun :D 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been playing it for the last 6 hours with BeezWife and we are totally hooked. This game is beautiful and so much fun. Also any game I can get her interested in is great, she likes games but is very particular about what she plays. Sweet game for $20.

• Like 1

I just bought this during the Black Friday sale and have not yet played it. Hoping that I can try it out later when I get home if it doesn't conflict w/ any GTA events. 

1 hour ago, punkbish85 said:

I just bought this during the Black Friday sale and have not yet played it. Hoping that I can try it out later when I get home if it doesn't conflict w/ any GTA events. 

Post a video. Always help people like me to see some gameplay in these threads, as I'll forget to YT gameplay later. 

30 minutes ago, Con said:

Post a video. Always help people like me to see some gameplay in these threads, as I'll forget to YT gameplay later. 

I'll stream tonight on YT before I jump on GTA, so you can view it later.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it on a Black Friday sale for $35AUD. I’d happily pay more! Such an epic game with so many side missions to keep you busy. Interesting story line which keeps you hooked and always wanting to play more. I wish you could ride more robots, like glinthawks especially. Also wish that there was a multiplayer component allowing people to run around the world together

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got the complete edition today. I've only played a couple hours, but so far it looks very interesting. Looks gorgeous, and the gameplay is solid. Can't wait to see more. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been very impressed with Horizon Zero Dawn. I have the Platinum trophy for main game. I've also purchased the DLC, and considering that I'm playing my sons copy of the game and purchased the The Frozen Wilds while it was discounted it has been a great deal for me. 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2017 at 8:50 AM, Fido_le_muet said:

I can't believe GTA 5 is still that high on those sales list.

I reinstalled GTA with the intention of playing some games for the anniversary but I got into The Division, so time just flew by.