How does GTA affect your RL?

rumdig

Just out of curiosity, does playing GTA affect your life in any way? Do you do anything special to be able to game regularly?

I've seen guys leave due to marital issues, seen others have to do extra chores for their significant other as a trade off, etc.

Me personally, I usually cant play until ALL of my daily work is completed (this is my own requirement), otherwise I would accomplish absolutely nothing! Since joining XDBX I have spent much more time at work browsing the forum...but the work isnt affected.

So lets hear your stories...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matusware

• Pb76

• rumdig

• shortround

My wife and rarely fight anymore and she lets me play quite a bit...lucky for me she is able to entertain herself.

Apart from spending WAY too much time lurking on here and the strange dreams GTA doesn't affect my RL at all.

But that said i don't actually have a life.

Gta Online or gaming dosent effect my real life (what ever that is, MMO?), my ex didnt want me to play or actually she didnt want me to do anything, car hobbies were bad thing, games were bad thing everything i did was a bad thing.. so one day she said: "that car goes or i go" in this day i dont know what made her leave..that i was actually thinking this question or my witty answer: "You Promise?"

• Like 4

Strange dreams, eh? Like a top hat wearing mime chasing you through the streets of LS? :D

yeah! thats the one i have too!..*twilight music* (twilight as in old horror show not the i-piss-on-vampire-mythology-twilight)

• Like 2

I dont sleep or play Clash of Clans as much as I used to...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

B)

*sees Pb76*  ...He`s Heeeeeere *again that horror twilight music..and again NOT THAT VAMPIRE POO TWILIGHT damn it*

• Like 1

My sleep schedule has been screwy since October. Middle of the night is my favorite time to play so I sleep when I get the chance between classes or work. A 12 to 15 hour sleep about once a week to recharge me, too.

If the woman knew how much I actually played, though, there would likely be hell and you'd see me in LS much less often haha. I have to lie like Madrazo, but instead of golf, "No, I'm studying Patricia. Studying"

• Like 3

As far as things with me and Rose and the family, nothing really changed. She doesn't give a hoot how much I play, the kids are usually playing their games. Summer hits I will be on less but will be on nearly daily, but always after the sun goes down cuz of work and family activities.

I do lose sleep though.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I don't have any schedule as my work mainly involves listening to and signing new music, either submitted to us or found through a few websites designed for sharing your sounds.

I would spend far more time working on my own projects and less time on GTA if I had not encountered a writers block since joining DB, that's actually my excuse to play more GTA and less work  ;) .

On 2 occasions I have had a crazy dream in which a bunch of angry gangsters in about 20 SUV's were chasing me for days, but not in LS, this was in my hometown and surrounding areas, I was apparently shouting and stuff while sleeping and as I was about to be 'wasted', I woke up in a sweat and took a few mins to reflect on the wildest RR ever.

I have no children or any other commitments and my fiancee is cool with me playing anytime.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I rarely sleep if anyone hasn't already noticed by the time I spend on GTA and here, but when I do it's a complete burn out.

As long as the kids are bathed and in bed, the dinner plates are clean and the cats haven't made a mess the wife doesn't mind me playing most nights. Been on less this week because of uni deadlines but after tomorrow i should rack up some more playtime.

I can get by on about 5 hours sleep most nights and have a good 10 hours or so once a week.

Well, I am my own boss at the moment and don't have any kids or a wife.  However, it has affected my already screwed up sleep schedule.  It's not uncommon for me to go to bed when most of you (who live on the same continent) are waking up.  I believe I went to bed at seven or eight this morning, and just woke up about an hour ago.

GTA dreams are not uncommon for me.  I would dare to say that I have at least one or two per week.  There are times when I wake up and cannot distinguish reality from virtual reality.  I think that may be a sign that I play too much, but hell, I enjoy it.  I have also fallen asleep a few times with the game still loaded.  Thankfully, I was locked inside my apartment.

When it comes to work, I get most of it done, but I haven't put much time into other free time activities.  Oh well, there will be time one day.  That is, unless they keep adding features and release GTA VI online.  The cycle will never end; I'm addicted.

Edited by LN-MLB

So...the census concludes that we're all sleep deprived! Just as long as I'm not alone in that department. DC89...I've wondered a few times when its midnight (CST) and you're still up; demolishing us all in races.

• Like 1

I'm obsessed and probably need therapy

i tryed therapy it was awful, my doctor dosent let me visit anymore, he went to asylum and started writing on the walls: "we are just dream of his" with his snot, what a wierd man..and this happened after he asked: "tell about yourself?".. (xD)

• Like 2

Wow... Just wow, reading all this only one thing comes to mind: some of you are pretty f****d up.

Edit: and I mean that in the nicest way possible ofcourse:)

I cant play as much as I want at the moment because we have a second child on the way so I need to finish the addict as a room. I try not to play far into the night as I wont wake up on time the next morning for work. So I guess gta doesnt affect my rl. This forum on the other hand....

Edited by MightyM

Just dreamt I attended a real life xdbx meet up, it was in a bar in the USA somewhere. A bar fight broke out, followed by a shoot out with the police and a chase through something similar to Blaine county.

• Like 1

When the game first came out i was obsessed. Not as much atm but the crew keeps me sticking around...if not for the disconnecting issues in crew lobbies n playlistd id be addicted again lol.