How does GTA affect your RL?

rumdig

My bedroom is always a mess, i dont hang around with my friends much, i rarely grab my school books, i need a job but i dont try to get one because all i want is videogames.

My girlfriend usually calls me a child, but i dont give a damn about what she says lol.

GTA makes me happy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matusware

• Pb76

• rumdig

• shortround

I've seen this thread but have never been sure how to respond. I've always been into videogames, but it was similar to popping in a movie. I was still active and had a great social life where games were something to do when bored or nothing else seemed interesting.

I've always loved the series and knew when this game was released I would be really into it, but it's been many months later and I'm finding new ways to feed my addiction (like joining a crew!).

It's really affected my life in a negative manner. I'm pretty neglectful of my relationship free time, I procrastinate beyond belief, and because I'm my own boss with my own schedule I feel like I'm half assing it just to get back home to play. My girlfriend hates it, but where I'm lucky is we have different work schedules. I'm just not productive and it bothers her that I was a go-getter and extremely self-motivated.....not to mention when we both have free time I'd rather play this than go out or doing something relationship wise like go to a movie or wine tasting. I try to do things that need to be done inbetween playing, but could be way more productive. Work comes first for me, so I do put that first and getting my company in the right direction, but I feel like I rush at my shop or am curt with my business partner just to be done and play.

I can tell I'm leveling out though since I joined the crew and was impulsed to play non-stop. But it's weird. It's like an alcoholic that knows he is one but doesn't really make the effort to change (speaking of which, it's affected my lifestyle because I like to crack open the bourbon or beers while playing....just not healthy). The first change was going to bed later and later., which was really rare for me but is now the norm to be up this late. But putting things off so much bugs me and I feel like some World of Warcraft nerd.

It's possible to put the controller down when need be, but i have noticed I play too much and it's almost like a deflection or coping mechanism for the stresses of life. I think what makes it tough and I've explained to my girlfriend is that you can't simply play for 30 minutes because of the depth and set up of the game. I'm sure one could play a couple races in that time, but you wouldn't fill fulfilled.

Now throw in the crew and enjoying it a lot here and being active and it's become a part of life which I never thought would happen.

I love to play but recognize I should slow it down.

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg