Last Chance To Transfer

zmurko

I've noticed a splash screen in GTA on PS3, warning us last gen players of the deadline for transfering your character to PS4/PC/Xbox1.

It wont be possible to transfer your character after March 6th. :(

Now what I'd like to know is if the following scenario is possible or what would be needed to make it happen.

Someone else (trusted individual of course) logs in as myself on their PS4 and makes the transfer and all that's needed and then logs out and makes it possible for me to use that transfered character anytime in the future if needed (with all the money, progression and cars...)?

What sort of info would such person need (accounts, passwords, ...PSN/RSC, ...) or if it's even possible at all?

Or perhaps any other suggestion how would I go about doing the transfer in time? I don't think I know anyone in person that owns a PS4 & GTA, except my cousin who plays GTA on PC, but that probably doesnt help me at all.

The thing is I'm in "deep shit" financially atm as they still owe me two months worth of pay, haven't worked at all in January (so missing another month's income) and am in the process of looking for a new job, so buying a PS4 is almost a no no right now.

@DavidCore89 will be the man to ask about information for this. I know he has a lot of experience in using different PS4's instead of just a single primary one. 

I think you may have to use someone with a Playstation Europe account, someone in US will probably be on a different system, I know the store is different plus there are other other differences in the two versions of PSN.

13 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Someone else (trusted individual of course) logs in as myself on their PS4 and makes the transfer and all that's needed and then logs out and makes it possible for me to use that transfered character anytime in the future if needed (with all the money, progression and cars...)?

What sort of info would such person need (accounts, passwords, ...PSN/RSC, ...) or if it's even possible at all?

It would be possible, and they'd only need your PSN login details and GTA 5 installed.

I'd recommend changing your password to something temporarily for someone trusted enough to make the transfer, then change the password back. To further secure yourself, remove any credit cards you may have linked to the PSN store.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 2

Yes, I believe you only need to log on a PS4 and start GTA V with your session.

Great idea about the temporary password. It's the best way to go I believe.

@zmurko, if you want, I can try it out for you, see how it goes.

Just know that the progress you make on PS3 after your character transfer won't be seen on PS4. I guess it's fine compared to starting over completely. :D

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks everyone.

So I would only need to find a trusted person and use a temporary PSN account password, then change it back and nobody else would be able to use it, except me when I finally get a PS4.

Btw, is there a later chance to alter your character's appearance when transfering or can it only be done during the actual transfer?

And yeah, it's a much better option to have 19mil and 50-60 cars already available then to be stuck with a low level character with no money and some stock non-competitive cars off the street, especially with some of the prices on PS4. :D

• Like 1

I've noticed (today, but it's probably been around for a while) that you can change your appearance by paying $100k in the quick menu in-game. I didn't try to see what you can do with it though, but I assume you can pretty much change everything apart from gender (as that would have implications on your wardrobe items) but someone who has tried it can explain this better.

The 100k change your appearance lets you do all the things from when you first transfer.

You can even change the sex of your avatar.

See the video from 0:50 :

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1