Explain your avatar?

JustHatched

Mine is the Manchester United crest.

When I joined I wanted something neutral, but also saw a bunch of Euros and hoped they loved football as much as I do.... saw team crests after and it's been a good convo piece during play.

Long side note:

As an American United supporter it always comes up because of the bandwagon supporters....or glory hunters as we call them in the football world.

I get asked all the time from others. Football was never big here growing up. As a kid I got Champions League games during the day if I was home sick or out of school and there used to be a show called Transworld Sport that was more of a British sports show. They used to show the United/Arsenal rivalry with the Italian highlights since they were top dog back then. We still never got the games, but the show made the Keane Red Devils against the Veiria led Gunners into a war and being half Irish rooted for Keane....Becks and Gigsy would be shown too. In the early 2000's I was lucky where we had already had satellite television, but the Yankees tv network signed a deal with Manchester United and basically started showing their whole campaign. Was already a fan as they were the underdog to Arsenal, but now got to follow them like a real sports team.

I think the bandwagon thing had subsided since Chelsea has been big and you still find Gunner supporters and I'm sure people are jumping the City bandwagon.

I get asked a lot and kind of in a condescending, "oh, American United fan." I know more than a lot about the game and United or football history, but even with my UK buddies had to prove myself and it's understandable.

alchemist3321.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaggy

• LN-MLB

• newyork-nightmare

• ronin

What avatar ?

I should've posted that when it was double dbucks and this as a separate post for the extra double dbucks lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a fox licking a glass door? Just thought the YouTube video to it was hilarious and I like licking windows.

Edited by sixthr33
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mine has officially changed.  For those of you who don't know, it is now Walter White aka Heisenberg from Breaking Bad.

Greatest show ever made.

• Like 1

Didn't have any better avatar's so used my "old" crew emblem I made for Grumpy Old timers.

I could probably put in a picture of myself but that would probably scare you all of ;p

Mine has officially changed.  For those of you who don't know, it is now Walter White aka Heisenberg from Breaking Bad.

Greatest show ever made.

You know it brother. I broke out with my new t-shirt today. Ready for the spin off in two years?

19699963-origpic-e432ae.jpg

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

You know it brother. I broke out with my new t-shirt today. Ready for the spin off in two years?

19699963-origpic-e432ae.jpg

Awesome shirt!  I was hoping the spin-off would have been sooner--I think it was originally supposed to be this year.  Yeah, can't wait though. :)

I have four shirts, this was the only one that fit my fat ass. 2XL

I still need to watch the last season. Saving it like a hoarder 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I'm a big Lord of The Rings/Hobbit fan and my psn id is my dwarven name so I found the most badass picture of a dwarf I could and voila!

GotrekGurnissonConcept.jpg

Gotrek Gurnisson is the most badass Dwarf of all time.

My Picture is the Night Goblin Skarsnik, Warlord of the Eight Peaks with his pet cave Squig Gobbla. He is insane and awesome.

• 1 month later...

Mine comes from a photo of my dog Otis (RIP last October) in his Frankenstein Halloween costume taken from this photo.

Monsters-S.jpg

That is Fester next to him as Dracula.

It's become my standard avatar on most forums I frequent. And I am Beez on most forums as well, it's a nickname I've had since I was a kid. I decided to be Beez620 here so it matches my PSN and RSC accounts.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

My avatar is a attempt to bond with Fido in order to later silently assassinate him (and take a photo of the body) so that i will get a leverage in the weekly challenge.

• Like 4

Are you going to be on tonight or tomorrow? Because you will pay for that comment. :lol:

Bring it on...scary lady :lol:

So rude of me not to answer. Yes, at some point

Edited by rumdig
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's a picture of me with my little dog Maisy, she's a cross-breed between a Staffie & Yorkie. She just loves to chill on your shoulder like that haha :)

• Like 2

What to say?

Probably the best actor that ever lived (RIP) and one of the coolest characters in the movies.

And at some point Everyone Loose their Mind.

You might want to change that post LV :D

Or the picture :D

Edited by RO9M
  • Like 1

Whatever it is, something clearly is not right, unless there's something in the water in Las Vegas :D

Absolutely right about your avatar Ronny. Don't think we will ever ever see a Joker that epic ever again. RIP.

As for the dude in my avatar, that's the Japanse actor Toshiro Mifune.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg