Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming Fall 2017 - Watch the Trailer this Thursday, October 20th at 11AM ET

RSCnet

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete_95973

• Fido_le_muet

• Sinister

• LimeGreenLegend

“A delayed game has every opportunity to be good. A rushed game will forever be bad.” - Shigeru Miyamoto 

I’m all aboard the hype train!

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, The_Lady_A said:

I'm also more interested in RDR2 for single player than for the online aspect. I'm really hoping their story team got their shit together after much of the criticism of GTA5 being about problems with the story and characters. 

I'm also curious how exactly they're going to effectively monetize the online for it. GTAO is largely focused around bigger, faster and crazier vehicles and higher value businesses which match with real world developments to a point. This is in line with the setting and makes sense.

RDR is a period piece so presumably there are some pretty hard limits on how much 'new' stuff they can introduce before it is no longer a western. It'll be interesting to see how they approach it.

2 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Guns, Horses, Houses, Businesses (hotels, saloons, girls, gun running warehouses...), Heists facilities, gun factories, medical "elixirs" manufacturing and distribution.... a whole lot of different subjects to monetize. And you bet they will find a way to make you spend that money.

Since we have Deluxos in GTA no reason we cant have the flying time traveling locomotive that was at the end of Back to the Future (1, 2 or 3, not sure which)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I don't know why people say a delayed game will be a better game? GTA5 is almost 5 years old and my character still can't climb down a ladder. R* hasn't even made a PS4 game and how long has that been out? They're slackers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Beez said:

I don't know why people say a delayed game will be a better game? GTA5 is almost 5 years old and my character still can't climb down a ladder. R* hasn't even made a PS4 game and how long has that been out? They're slackers.

Exactly. 2 years in and cars still randomly crash themselves in races.

• 5 months later...

This looks so good to me.  The story mode will be fantastic.  Online and crew stuff will be fantastic.  But I really can't wait to just explore the map.

• Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Me before watching this video: nah, I don’t think I’ll be getting this game, GTA Online became shit so I’m afraid this one might be the same or even worse.

After watching it: errr nevermind, I am actually going to buy this day one possibly... just take my money :D

But I really hope they don’t make stupid irrealistic dlc with flying turbo diesel horses with rocket launchers and shit..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I’m fully erect. 

That makes four of us!  ?  Although, I did get a little limp when hearing them say that we will have REALISTIC RELOADING....these are older weapons, imma die reloading to many times already.

So this is my mini-personal analysis of the trailer.

Pros: Every screenshot looks amazing. The map looks vast and realistic. We get to be outlaws and outcasts that decide how honorable we want to be.  

Cons: Realistic reloading of older weapons. No mention of whorehouses. Having to keep the town people happy with supplies.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

I will not read the thread, I will not watch the trailer, I will not google. This one I want to start from ground zero spoilers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arruda said:

I will not read the thread, I will not watch the trailer, I will not google. This one I want to start from ground zero spoilers.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

41 minutes ago, Arruda said:

Not really any spoilers so far, only showing who you're playing as and what the game looks like in 4k.

I'm pretty sure they will release a trailer of online's gameplay. What do you expect of the online mode: something similar to GTA 5 or something similar to what happened in RDR (GTA 4 had races and that stuff, the next game was RDR and they weren't very significant)? What will you focus at (apart from observing the scenary, which is obvious at this point)?

I'm going to post something interesting here. It's supposed to be a leaked map. I don't really think it's real, but even though it's a rumour I'll put this in a spoiler, just imagine if it's real xD:

Spoiler

This map was leaked in April of 2016, 6 months before the first trailer and it has some locations that appear in the first 3 cinematic trailers of the game. It's also curious that some of the details were leaked before the information revealed (such as the name of the protagonist, some characteristics, the heists...).

red-dead-2-map-leakjpg-6d9c7a.jpg

Edited by VALL_es
  • Like 1