• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matusware

• DavidCore89

• Spinnaker1981

• rofur

Just found a useful tip for robbing armoured trucks and didn't know where else to post it so here goes:-

If the truck stops for any reason ( traffic lights, traffic jam, whatever) get out silenced shotgun and get right up close to the rear doors and shoot twice between the door handles.

Not only will the doors pop open but unless one of the guards gets out you shouldn't get a wanted level.

I will try this...I am so used to the sticky bomb method.

Yeah you have to get up really close, almost touching the door.

I do it with every one I see now and I think I had the guard get out once so I shot him.

Just might take a while for it to stop I've not tried to park in front of it to stop it yet so I don't know if that works.

Yeah you have to get up really close, almost touching the door.

I do it with every one I see now and I think I had the guard get out once so I shot him.

Just might take a while for it to stop I've not tried to park in front of it to stop it yet so I don't know if that works.

Came across a truck and tried this. Brought it to a halt just long enough so I could get the goods. It took off just as I fired the second shot, dropping the money right in front of me, leaving the guards with no clue what just happened. Still sticky-bombed the shit out of the truck afterwards though.

I've been robbing trucks like that for months, it was patched a while ago but it came back with the next.

I did post it but way back when this site was relatively new.

Sometimes after shooting the truck and collecting the bags a guard will get out while you have no stars and open fire, obviously killing him is the way to go  :)

I've been robbing trucks like that for months, it was patched a while ago but it came back with the next.

I did post it but way back when this site was relatively new.

Sometimes after shooting the truck and collecting the bags a guard will get out while you have no stars and open fire, obviously killing him is the way to go  :)

Sorry mate didn't know that.

Like most always used the ol' sticky bomb method and then foot down, evading choppers.

Heard about this on a youtube vid so tried it out myself, it worked and thought I'd share.

• Like 1

Sorry mate didn't know that.

Like most always used the ol' sticky bomb method and then foot down, evading choppers.

Heard about this on a youtube vid so tried it out myself, it worked and thought I'd share.

All good, when I posted it there were not many regulars on here so I hope more pick up this tip now you've posted it  :).

I used to use the sticky method but it was costly during the continuing respawn of trucks, I even blew myself up at least 5 times  :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice one Matusware!!  Real useful information in there my friend, and I picked up a few pointers myself (and recognized the mistakes I made early on trying to get every new ride and/or weapon fully tricked out).  Here's a few tips I found helpful.

Easy money and RP at lower levels.

Do the parachuting missions - even solo you can get $3,000+ in a couple of minutes and the level ups come reasonably fast.  Of course you won't be increasing any skills, but it puts zero risk cash and RP's in your pocket.

Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!

pick up any and all weapon, ammo and cash dropped.  Weapons collected in Survival missions don't stick in your inventory for long, but the ammo does which can be a big help later on.

Lookout for Grinders.

If your needs for cash get more extreme, keep an eye out for crew mates grinding high $ per hour mission playlists and ask for an invite - PotShot and Coveted are probably the most popular.  If you don't have a mic and aren't sure what to do, hang back the first time and watch what the others do.  Keep in mind that some missions - including BOTH Pot Shot and Coveted - have event triggers that cause timers to begin countdowns or re-enforcements to arrive if they are crossed, so stay behind the leading players until you get familiar with the mission.

Easiest way to level up Strength

Create a melee only deathmatch, and then TEST it in the creator - make the test 20 or 30 mins long, no kill limits.  This pits you against a number of dumb NPC's who you can beat the crap out of with relative ease.  It also helps with the 'Stamina' stat (I think).

Easiest way to get to Ninja (stealth maxed out)...

Open a solo session, go to the docks or some area that's open and flat, press L3 to get into stealth mode, then wrap elastic band around both joysticks.  Could also wrap string and/or use duct tape or similar.  This will make your character 'creep' around in small circles. Go have some food, tea, coffee, bong hits, sex - whatever - and half an hour later (maybe less) stealth will be maxed out. 

And if you had Nookie during the interval, award yourself an official "AttaBoy!" or "AttaGirl!" as appropriate.

Yours Aye,

~Bear™

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

While this is kinda a necro post. This is an awesome guide and i'm surprised that it has "throw a guy under the bus" worded in a way that isn't offensive. 

• 1 year later...

Ok, a little help to someone who is new to NG GTA:

Getting up and running is easy enough, just buy a 6 car garage in sandy shores and start getting those sandkings in, buy the Alta or the del perro High end apartment ASAP and get the heists done.

Now, after that, some say the MC, some say don´t go to the MC. Some say the west maze bank office, some say the bunker is the way to go.

Now, my objective main goal in GTA is racing, I love racing in GTA, I love the cars, the stupid physics, etc. I want to buy the best in each class and then some. But, for that, money is key. Now what is the best way to get there? The easiest way to stack up those dollars and get those cars ASAP?

I am not after the helis or the jets or any other shenanigans, but having a comfortable enough bank account to get the best, and my favourite cars, is what I am all about GTA... 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Getting up and running is easy enough, just buy a 6 car garage in sandy shores and start getting those sandkings in, buy the Alta or the del perro High end apartment ASAP and get the heists done.

Now, after that, some say the MC, some say don´t go to the MC. Some say the west maze bank office, some say the bunker is the way to go.

Now, my objective main goal in GTA is racing, I love racing in GTA, I love the cars, the stupid physics, etc. I want to buy the best in each class and then some. But, for that, money is key. Now what is the best way to get there? The easiest way to stack up those dollars and get those cars ASAP?

I am not after the helis or the jets or any other shenanigans, but having a comfortable enough bank account to get the best, and my favourite cars, is what I am all about GTA... 

CEO office and then the Vehicle Warehouse is the way to go, stealing and selling fast cars should appeal to you given the interest in racing and it’s good money for time spent grinding, once you get set up let me know and I can run you through all the tips and shortcuts in more detail :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Vehicle warehouse. Sometimes there's a session with just crew doing import/export.

Criminal Mastermind.

Play a lot of double cash jobs.

Avoid fighting in freemode.

VIP work.

Personally, I don't use MC businesses or bunker as the staff costs are too much, I own them all and I shut them down. My running costs for all functioning properties such as apartments, hangar and assistant are low. 

Those worked for me, earned over 500 million in total.

• Like 1

Ally and DC have good advice. You need an office. Get the cheapest on and don't bother with upgrades. Mine is right across the street from my high end apartment near the beach, Maze Bank West I think. Then vehicle warehouse so you can do the car import/export. You'll get to play with and mod cool cars while you make money. Do VIP jobs between stealing and selling cars, good money. The Buzzard attack helicopter is extremely quick and convenient for doing all of this stuff.

On ps3 I used to go around doing missions with the kuruma. Now, even though I can´t do the character upgrade from s3, the least they could do is allow me to have the duke o´death and the other returning player bonus, but noooo, not even allowed that!!!

I suck at helicopter piloting. I do well on a plane, but the heli is not my cup of tea!!

9 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

On ps3 I used to go around doing missions with the kuruma. Now, even though I can´t do the character upgrade from s3, the least they could do is allow me to have the duke o´death and the other returning player bonus, but noooo, not even allowed that!!!

I suck at helicopter piloting. I do well on a plane, but the heli is not my cup of tea!!

If racing is your thing and you want cars specifically for that, don't waste cash on returning player cars as they're not good.

Even if the cars were free, the mods will cost a few hundred thousand.

20 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

If racing is your thing and you want cars specifically for that, don't waste cash on returning player cars as they're not good.

Even if the cars were free, the mods will cost a few hundred thousand.

I know, I was in NoDo on Ps3.... :P

57 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

If you let us know when you plan on grinding for whatever biz you get...I'll be more than happy to do the missions with you as I haven't done many of them and was considering one last grind in 2018 before retiring the grind game for good. 

Just now, Con said:

If you let us know when you plan on grinding for whatever biz you get...I'll be more than happy to do the missions with you as I haven't done many of them and was considering one last grind in 2018 before retiring the grind game for good. 

Great, thank you. The grinding game starts tonight. I only had time to do the tutorial last night as I work on the weekends...