Race of Champions

Squirrel

This thread is going to contain all of my Race of Champions style head to head racing tracks where two cars go head to head on different circuits of approximately the same length. At the end of the first lap you will automatically go on to the alternate track for the second lap and so on. Trust the jumps and not the checkpoint arrows at the crossovers. Please turn customs & slipstream off for balanced races.

I will give each one it's own little section and write up as they develop. 

1. Zancudo

2_0.jpg

Set to 6 laps, this is the original course of the series. This race will take about 5 minutes to complete when using the Stock Omnis. There are 7 points on track where the competing cars can crossover each other. This is the track used for the inaugural XDBX Racing Champions Trophy. 

2. Del Perro

2_1.jpg

The second track in the series is a completely enclosed course situated just off Del Perro beach. This track is designed to be faster than the original and includes more hairpins but less jumps. There's a large viewing area at the start line where spectators can leave their cars and view the whole circuit without affecting the drivers currently racing. 

3. Vespucci

2_0.jpg

The third race of the series and possibly the most challenging. This track is set partially on the beach. The different surfaces and three wheel car will make this a unique driving experience. 

4. Sandy Shores

2_0.jpg

The fourth race of the series takes us back to the Omnis and a track set both on and off road with lots of crossovers. 

This track is in the testing stage.

Videos:

Vespucci

Zancudo

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 7

Thanks to the guys testing last night, I've made a few minor changes to reflect what we discussed. 

I've altered a few checkpoints where the two tracks crossed over so they are less confusing and added a couple more large signs and a bit of run off on some of the corners which were causing issues.

Really enjoyed this dude. Only issue was the left turn arrow at the start finish line if you're a certain approach to that checkpoint, but Shorty made that point hilariously clear.

id suggest removing customs and locking it solely to the omnis if you haven't already, but it's incredibly well made mate.

41 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Really enjoyed this dude. Only issue was the left turn arrow at the start finish line if you're a certain approach to that checkpoint, but Shorty made that point hilariously clear.

id suggest removing customs and locking it solely to the omnis if you haven't already, but it's incredibly well made mate.

Unfortunately that is the one checkpoint I can't do anything with as it's the Start/Finish point and it is the only checkpoint which is shared by both tracks. It's pointing in the direction of the primary track but at that point of the race you transfer to the secondary track.

My only real option is to mask the CP with smoke, as long as you go over the jump you will hit the CP but I'm not too keen on hiding the landing plus it's one of the best points on the track for getting footage of one car passing over another. You can see it at 1:07 in the video in the OP. 

If customs are turned off then it will be locked to the Omnis but due to the bug on single races there is no option for no customs but it should be fine for use in playlists. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The small shortcut @Lann found has now been fixed. There is still an escape road underneath the ramp incase you have to respawn and don't have the speed for the jump but there's now a box chicane to negotiate underneath the other track section so no time can be gained.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

U get the CP we told you about on just before the jump? 

Yeah got that changed. Also a name change. The original track is now called ROC Zancudo so fits in with the same naming style as the other tracks.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The Vespucci & Del Perro races will not load for me (Zancudo is fine). It's not the only one I've found today so it could be something to do with my R* or PS4 account, but most crew races I've tried loaded.

Edited by djw180

I'll have a look at them at some point, chances are it won't be until next week though so will probably need a reminder then

• 1 month later...

I can do but be warned that the cars may be too fast for the track. There's a lot of jumps just before turns which could mean a lot of problems in the race. Even custom sports struggle on the track. 

Thanks. I would like to try them out.  Looking for different types of races and this is a nice one.  Maybe one of the others would be better? 

2 minutes ago, Lann said:

Thanks. I would like to try them out.  Looking for different types of races and this is a nice one.  Maybe one of the others would be better? 

ROC Del Perro is definitely better suited to faster cars. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Squirrel said:

ROC Del Perro is definitely better suited to faster cars. 

Thanks,  will test it. Does it allow all stock supers? 

22 hours ago, Lann said:

Thanks,  will test it. Does it allow all stock supers? 

It does now. 

OP updated with new links for the tracks as the old ones were affected by the bug and for an extra bonus I've added a 4th track currently in the testing stage.

• 1 year later...

I’ve updated ROC Zancudo.

90% of the track route has stayed the same. I’ve changed the last sector to make the startline jump less confusing. More of track is on the floor instead of using stunt pieces. I’ve also protected some obstacles, removed some lampposts and made more cosmetic improvements.

Lap times extended by about 10 seconds but still should be just as fun as before. 

I’m willing to make more changes if needed, criticise the crap out of it! 

• Like 1