Indianapolis Speedway

feN56Ak.png

RSC Link : https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/nP9nSsvD2EmPtmlz3-qaPg#

This is a non stunt race.

• A (fairly) accurate re-creation of the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
  • 9 degree banking in the turns which flatten out to 5 degrees on the main straights.
  • Pitlane with health pick-ups and a safe parking area to pull off the track if you need to be AFK.
  • All vehicles and classes available, but this track is all about top speed, so choose your vehicle wisely.
  • Set to 15 laps by default, which should take about 8 minutes to complete in most vehicles.
  • This track is super easy to drive on, so you can spend more time focusing on the close racing rather than trying to control a wayward car.

The pitlane and Indy's famous Yard of Bricks.

0APX5Xf.jpg

9vcStm7.png

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 6

Great work getting the Yard of Bricks in there. Can't believe that's all that is left of the original surface, that must have been interesting to race on before.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Great work getting the Yard of Bricks in there. Can't believe that's all that is left of the original surface, that must have been interesting to race on before.

I'm sure more than a few drivers would've lost a filling or two on the old brick track.  Pretty sure the vibrations would've caused lots of cars to break down too.

The whole way through this job, I kept saying to myself, "Save two props for the Yard of Bricks.  Save two props for the Yard of Bricks".  It was one of my main goals, even though some people may not even notice it while they go flying past at 200 mph. :lol:

I've only got one prop left, so I can't add the white line next to the Yard of Bricks, but I think there's a prop I can salvage from the pitlane area.  I think it'll be worth doing, even if it's just for show. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of my favourite tracks, extremely well made and best with Catch up and slipstream on. Personally, I think the Dominator works best, especially with a smaller group of people but it would be unreal with 20+ people.

This is a track that anyone can win at and you don't mind losing because each overtake is very satisfying and even if you do wipe out or get taken out, it only takes a lap or 2 to catch up.

Here's a video of the whole race and I've watched it back a few times which I wouldn't usually do but I find it quite exciting to watch haha.

• Like 4

scottyb1988.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Dodge said:

Why did you have to shoe that? That was a Terrible move at the end.It was accidental, but I took him out.

:D Just some good old fashioned aggressive driving!  After all rubbin' is racin' right?

So much fun!  Such a thrill ride racing that close together.

• 1 month later...

Posted the video of the Regina race on reddit for this track, nice positive reception. Someone asked if it was possible to create a figure of 8 style Nascar track? Snacks are you up to the challenge?

• Like 3

A figure 8 track would be epic, like the video Braldy showed us. 

You have to do it now Snacks! It'll be heaps of fun at the cross over and it would be cool if it was boxed in so the cars can't fly off the track and instead land back on it causing more chaos ?

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

11 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Posted the video of the Regina race on reddit for this track, nice positive reception. Someone asked if it was possible to create a figure of 8 style Nascar track? Snacks are you up to the challenge?

1 hour ago, ScottyB said:

A figure 8 track would be epic, like the video Braldy showed us. 

You have to do it now Snacks! It'll be heaps of fun at the cross over and it would be cool if it was boxed in so the cars can't fly off the track and instead land back on it causing more chaos ?

I'd love to do it, but there's simply not enough props to make it properly - even if I salvaged the pit-lane props and start-line prop etc.  It would still take heaps of time to make but it wouldn't be anywhere near the same standard. :(