In Memoriam...

Con

Just a thread to express your admiration and respect for famous people that are no longer with us. 

The only rule of the thread is... RESPECT.

Respect the posts of other DBX members. Remember that we all have different life experiences and forms of inspiration are different for each one of us. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, August 26 

Gene Wilder died Sunday.

Most people know him as Willy Wonka but I remember him mostly for Stir Crazy, Silver Streak, and Hear No Evil...See No Evil. 

Rest In Peace Gene! Enjoy the reunion with your boy Richard.

vND65qc.jpg

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 6

"Stir Crazy" and "Silver Streak" were great!   Two other greats are "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein".  RIP Mr. Wilder. 

And here's a quote from Willy Wonka that fits this crew.  

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 3

the scene of his that I always liked was "yeah, but i shoot with this hand." hilarious man, rest easy

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 1

Its a shame.  Stir Crazy is my favourite film of his and Richard Pryor. 

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

I'm hoping they show some of his films on TV. I remember back as a teenager it seemed Blazing Saddles or Stir Crazy were on a couple of times every year, and that's in the days of only 4 TV channels.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Charles Bradley, guy only got big in his later years but died suddenly, the guy had a fantastic voice, (he had songs in the tv program “Suits” when I first heard him) and this rendition of changes is kinda haunting in a way as it was only out late last year.

• Like 2

The guy was a legend. Was so much more than a purveyor of male entertainment. What he did for the human rights movement in the 60’s isn’t as well documented as the tits we all got thrills from. The world needs more Hugh Hefners but we’ll never see his like again. 

• Like 1

If only we all could live like Hef

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 year later...

Rest in Peace Mr. Mean Gene Okerlund! 

PpEMTg5.jpg

Thank you for making WWF (what it was called back then) interviews so damn enjoyable and funny. Thank you for your contribution to my childhood. 

Here are some of my fave interviews with Macho Man! 

• Like 1