Crashing is in our DNA

Squirrel

8 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Added a Video Link

Great video. 

Was this the race where you were talking about prox mines in the shout box?

My tip for this track is, if you're at the back drop proxies in the DNA section. The leader will soon slow down and into rocket range.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Great video. 

Was this the race where you were talking about prox mines in the shout box?

My tip for this track is, if you're at the back drop proxies in the DNA section. The leader will soon slow down and into rocket range.  

I put them in the CP's or at the tube entrances... Guaranteed hit.

Would be a riot with a full lobby.

Perhaps the CP after the jump can be pushed back a bit? With slipstream it's possible to clear it or land alongside it, but would be better if cars landed before it.

1 minute ago, Sinister said:

Good race, except for the CP that can be driven right through.

Which CP? There was one at the first turn which was moved to the outside because it was being missed.

The first turn in the first tunnel. If you drive up the left side of the tunnel, you don't trigger it. Stick to the bottom and you can hit it. First half of the field just had to respawn after missing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sinister said:

The first turn in the first tunnel. If you drive up the left side of the tunnel, you don't trigger it. Stick to the bottom and you can hit it. First half of the field just had to respawn after missing it.

That's strange, it was originally on the bottom because people missed it when they went to the left, I moved it so it could be triggered there. So I need to move it back to where it was originally? Think this may be a case of it being too fast to register, was it the first lap or second lap where people missed it?

Also in the DNA section you car can get stuck at the respawn points and impossible to move. Just have to respawn again until not stuck. Took 3 attempts for me.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Also in the DNA section you car can get stuck at the respawn points and impossible to move. Just have to respawn again until not stuck. Tokk 3 attempts for me.

So is it worth not having CP's in the DNA section? They were added after some earlier feedback.

I think you need them because it's GTA so your going to get blown up and don't want to respawn too far away. It may be the car. This was in a Huntly. If the CPs were in the tubes it would be fine, but then you'd need 2 sets of CPs.

Just now, djw180 said:

I think you need them because it's GTA so your going to get blown up and don't want to respawn too far away. It may be the car. This was in a Huntly. If the CPs were in the tubes it would be fine, but then you'd need 2 sets of CPs.

I can adjust it so it's two sets easily. It doesn't matter which of the CP's you pick up as long as you get one. It's designed as a very high speed track so may remove the slower classes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

That's strange, it was originally on the bottom because people missed it when they went to the left, I moved it so it could be triggered there. So I need to move it back to where it was originally? Think this may be a case of it being too fast to register, was it the first lap or second lap where people missed it?

Today it was the first lap. Yesteday i missed it on lap 1 and 2. It goes through the tunnel and the left portion is sitting outside of the tunnel.

Using normal R* logic the CP should be fine but instead it follows the same logic as the CPs in the R* race "Chiliad".

Edited by SINISTER120

After playing this again the other evening I think I have found the problem with the checkpoint. as your car moves around, the direction of the CP alters to match the angle your car is at, it's the same process with the CP's in air races. 

As I have placed the CP right on the apex of the tunnel, this means there's a chance of missing the CP if you aren't square with it as you pass.

I'm going to fix it by moving the CP to just before the curve, it could also be an issue with other races too so it's something to keep an eye on and it's probably why there's issues with the Rockstar race too.

• Like 2