Locsta (Complex)

lIIlCompleXlIIl

So, I've been a member of this crew for a year now, and a fan for a year before that. (ish) Some of you have heard bits and pieces of my story.... figured it was time to share it.

I was born in Rockford, IL, lucky enough to have a loving mother and father. They split when I was young, because my father had become heavily addicted to crack cocaine. I moved around quite a bit throughout my young life. At 6 years old, I witnessed my mother being beaten by her boyfriend, and I still have nightmares about it to this day. I see my mother getting punched in the face, and knocked to the floor. The man then continued to beat her, and even bent a corner of the heating vent, located on the floor between kitchen and living, he bent it up, and drug her across it multiple times. My mother did eventually get to call the police. Her and I were taken to a womens home, where we lived with other women and families for a short time. For some reason, that "man" came back around. Told my mother he had quit drinking and had been getting help for years. At the age of nine, I witnessed this guy hit my mother again. Now, when I was 6, there wasn't much I can do, but at 9 I felt I couldn't stand by. He hit her and she fell back into the couch, and said couch flipped backwards, where she tumbled back over. I ran to the man and tried hitting him many times, but of course, a 9 year old's punches didn't cause pain to man in stupid rage. I grabbed the phone and tried to call the police, but he pulled the phone line out of the wall. I had to run out of the house, which he had tried to stop me. Thankfully, a 9 year old can easily out maneuver a drunken old fool. Reached the neighbors and called the police, and he was sent to jail. My mother did end up meeting a good man a year later, who she married, and which they gave me my little brother, when I was 12. 

By the age of 13, I felt like my mother had made a new family, and I didn't feel loved at all. Of course, this was silly nonsense, but it is what it is. I started to act out. I was hanging out with gang members (will leave this un named) and skipping school, and smoking pot and cigarettes, and drinking. Yes, all at the age of 13. My mother and step father had given me a curfew, like all kids that age should have. I would show up at home sometimes as late as 4 am and POUND on the door, ringing the door bell repeatedly, knowing they would eventually let me in, because I was waking the baby up. Shortly thereafter, I decided to leave home, and neither my mother, nor step-father tried to stop me. 

I was homeless by choice. From 13 to 16 I mainly lived under a bridge, though on a lot of nights, I just jumped from friends house to friends house, crashing on couches. Towards the end of it, 15 and 16, it became convenient to have a gf, and I mean a much older gf, and just stay with them. Also during this time, I lied about my age to places that would give me a chance to work. I always had a job, even though I considered myself a "Gang-Banger." I would bathe and do laundry at a friends/girlfriends house, but sometimes it was done in the river. At age 16, I fell in love. Well, at least I thought it was love LOL! She left me the day after Valentines, and I had never been dumped before. I stole a bottle of Vicodin from a friends house, and that night I took them all....

As the doctor at the hospital was pushing a tube down my throat, I came to. Let me tell you, having your stomach pumped, is probably the worst thing i have ever experienced. I had to take a psyche eval, though they had to wait until I was myself again, and that was days later. The police told my mother, that even though I had run away from home, she was still responsible for me, and I was being brought up on attempted murder charges, thanks to them finding my 22 hand gun when someone found me passed out during the "attempt." I was found not guilty on the charge, and the gun that I had, wasn't mine. I had only had possession a few weeks, and the rightful owner was fingered by the victim. 

After all that was handled, my mother told me she couldn't handle me anymore, and that she had bought me a bus ticket, to Grand Rapids, MI, where my father lived. My father never stepped up to be a dad, not even at this point. When we got our first apartment together, I told him, that if he tried to control me like a son, it would never work, and he agreed. We decided to act as roommates, and this worked for us. Some of you might say that he made a poor choice, and I would have to agree with you, on a standards point of view, but this really did work for us. We did have a father-son relationship, but never called it that. One year and a few months later, I was 18. 

At 18 years old, I moved out, and in with a friend of mine, and her boyfriend. I started to sell marijuana. I BLEW UP QUICK... I went from slinging dime bags to pounds in just half a year. I had a great system, very small amount of traffic, and stuck to the same four customers. My roommate decided that he wanted to start dime bagging people again, and let people in our house. It was shortly after that, that we were raided by Battle Creek S.W.E.T. (South West Enforcement Team) Fortunate for me, I never kept my stash in house, and the only drugs found, was in their bedroom, in a locked safe. Even though I didn't get busted, being raided was a slap of reality for me. I hated being thrown to the ground, and treated like societies garbage. Having a half dozen guns being pointed at me didn't help either. I was 20 at this time....

I cleaned up my act. Stopped selling pot, and got a real job. Eventually, a good friend of mine came to me, and she told me how she had had a crush on me, since she was 15 and I was 18. She had tried to make a move on me back then, but I NEVER would even consider it. 15 and 18 was not right, in my eyes. 22 and 19 was different though. She had kids by this time, and they knew me already, though it was uncle Hippie, and not Kevin, or Dad. (Their dad turned into a lowlife meth head, who had beaten her countless times) I started working two jobs to support my new family. We were happy. We got engaged on Valentines day, less then a week after finding out she was pregnant. Now, even though I loved this girl dearly, she was very controlling. I was not allowed to see any of my friends. When I did have a night off, which was very rare, if I wanted to hang out with someone, it HAD to be her family. One night, we were at her sisters house, and her brother in-law and I were drinking some Japanese energy drink 12% beer, and playing 8-ball pool. She opened the door to the basement and asked if I was ready to go. It was only 7:30 pm. I had asked to play one more game of pool, then I would be ready. She slammed the door. 15ish minutes later, she pulled the door open again and yelled down the stairs..... "WE ARE LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES, EITHER BE IN THE CAR OR GET LEFT BEHIND!" .....well, I guess it was time to go. The car drive home was a long one. about 50 minutes from their house to ours. I said nothing to her, now she to I. When we got to our apartment, I got out of the car, and walked behind the apartment building, to get sick. Yeah, I was trashed. When I got upstairs, she had put the kids to bed, and started to fight with me. I couldn't take it anymore, and being as drunk as I was, the feelings came out. I told her I was tired of taking care of her ass. That I was tired of providing for HER kids. That it was BS that if I wanted to have a good time, I had to do it with HER choice of family.... I kicked her and the kids out, and the next morning they left to her mothers. Two weeks later, her mother informed me that she had a miscarriage do to stress. (She had a few of these before with her ex. She was small girl and put on bed rest immediately after knowing she was pregnant.)

By this time, I was grown up, and had fixed the relationship with my mother. I called her, and told her what had happened, and asked to move back home, so as to not fall back into old habits.   She agreed, and at 26 years old, I was headed back home.

For the next 2 years, I worked as a CNC setup operator, learning to program. I went to college for game coding, partied hard at night, drank like a fish, and had a great time. I stuck to a few select friends, that were not out doing stupid stuff. I worked in a studio every night that I could. Life was good. Then, one night during March Madness, I receive a comment on a picture I had shared on this March Madness fans app on my phone. This girl, GreenEyes was her calling, told me that if I thought Kentucky was going to win the tournament, I was a moron. We went into a heated discussion. Who would know that this woman, would eventually become my soul mate!

At 28, I moved to Sullivan, IN. GreenEyes and I moved in together. We had a little baby, Madison Rae, and I knew at that moment, that my life would never be the same... The next Valentines Day, I popped the question, and a year after that, we were married. 

So here I sit, 32 years old, with a lifetime of great memories and experiences, happier then I have ever been. Things are tough, as I destroyed my back when I was working the CnC business, and my wife is the only one working right now. We get by just fine, though. We own our house and vehicle, which makes things a lot easier. Our house is filled with love. Next month, September, will be one year since either of us have had any alcohol. We haven't quit drinking, just haven't found the need for it. Being a stay at home dad, and hearing the positive comments about how well behaved, and how smart, our 4 year old, brings me the greatest amount of happiness that one could ever wish for. My daughter starts three day weeks of school this year. For the first time in two years, I have the ok from LadyComplex to find a job that I can do, without it destroying my back. now I have received a gamers dream job. In October, I start as a Virtual Reality Beta Tester for AAA game titles, through GBTN. Getting paid to test games! We have also been discussing the possibility of expanding our family. Two ways, we want another child, and we want a family, forever dog. 

Now starts a new chapter for Complex.... This crew, Domestic Battery, has been a great escape for me. Being stuck at home ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! Having a good click of people to game with, is awesome. @truelife98 and @rumdig are awesome, playing Rocket League with me most nights. ALL the hosts of playlists, you have my thanks also!

Heres to another year, with Complex and DomesticBatteryGaming!

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl
  • Like 12

Thanks for sharing  your story definitely been thru alot but sounds like it ended up good. I'm glad you found the crew and have great times playing rocket league and other games with ya thru out a times of the day

Thanks for sharing  your story definitely been thru alot but sounds like it ended up good. I'm glad you found the crew and have great times playing rocket league and other games with ya thru out a times of the day

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, truelife98 said:

I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to take this path, but I wouldn't change a thing. It has made me who I am.

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

Thank you for sharing your life story with us. Shows how much an online community can bring to people.

I'm glad you're now happy with your life and I wish you the best to you and your family :)

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, Complex! 

People probably talk shit about homeless folks and you probably put them in their place! Why? Because you actually lived what the critics can only imagine. 

Brother I am so glad you don't fuck with alcohol regularly and minimum recreationally, I do the same. I also stopped drinking when I realized I already had better, healthier options . It's unreal how society's real poison is heavily promoted and the beneficial stuff is illegal. makes no sense. But that's for the 'Do You Smoke Weed' thread, which I have  a lot to say in there. One of these days I will get around to it. 

Anyways man, glad you have such a powerful testimony. Your strong spirit led you out of the darkness and now look at how much light surrounds you. 

This is why i try not to be judgemental, even with people that share opposing beliefs. Its only when they don't see their own blatant hypocrisy they are standing in, that I begin to judge them for their character. 

See you in Los Santos!

• Like 1