Jump to content
Crawford1872

F1 2016

Recommended Posts

Crawford1872

Anyone thinking about getting this when it comes out August, would be cool to have a XDBX season we could run weekly/ bi weekly :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

If my wheel was compatible with my ps4 I would get it for that but as its not I'll get it for the pc instead. F1 on a controller just doesn't feel right when you're used to a wheel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Unlikely, fell outta love with these titles after 2013 on PS3.

In 2015 when the game was released, drivers could cut 95% of corners (especially at Barcelona) and get no penalties, that kinda showed me how serious Codemasters had taken their own game (not very at all). The game gets even more 'arcadey' each year and now it's a fully-fledged arcade racer.

It's probably not gonna be a shit game, but they're a million miles away from having something with any realism.

F1 game fans have been disappointed for years. Codemasters fling them a half-finished game and consider it job done. Adding a few boring game modes doesn't make things better.

There's an F1 league with the guys I race with, but it's not for me.

5 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

If my wheel was compatible with my ps4 I would get it for that but as its not I'll get it for the pc instead. F1 on a controller just doesn't feel right when you're used to a wheel. 

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40947-Old-Logitech-wheels-with-FFB-are-now-playable-on-PS4-via-homebrew-PC-app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lIIlCompleXlIIl
11 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Unlikely, fell outta love with these titles after 2013 on PS3.

In 2015 when the game was released, drivers could cut 95% of corners (especially at Barcelona) and get no penalties, that kinda showed me how serious Codemasters had taken their own game (not very at all). The game gets even more 'arcadey' each year and now it's a fully-fledged arcade racer.

It's probably not gonna be a shit game, but they're a million miles away from having something with any realism.

F1 game fans have been disappointed for years. Codemasters fling them a half-finished game and consider it job done. Adding a few boring game modes doesn't make things better.

There's an F1 league with the guys I race with, but it's not for me.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40947-Old-Logitech-wheels-with-FFB-are-now-playable-on-PS4-via-homebrew-PC-app

This is why I don't get a lot of racing games anymore. I use to love them in old school days, but as I grew up, the games didn't grow up with me. Will not be getting this title.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

@DavidCore89 That certainly looks interesting although a little vague about what is required. 

If there is an adaptor than can be bought cheaply then I'm up for that but if it's something that needs making and proganming then I'll probably just stick to the PC version 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
55 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@DavidCore89 That certainly looks interesting although a little vague about what is required. 

If there is an adaptor than can be bought cheaply then I'm up for that but if it's something that needs making and proganming then I'll probably just stick to the PC version 

I saw the adapter somewhere, custom made by a sim racer.

I read so many threads I forget where to find stuff, but I'll let you know if I find it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crawford1872

fair comments guys about online, i'll be buying it mainly for career mode, there's a new AI that are harder than legendary from games past so it could actually be quite a challenge this year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
26 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

fair comments guys about online, i'll be buying it mainly for career mode, there's a new AI that are harder than legendary from games past so it could actually be quite a challenge this year 

Career and co-op career mode was always better than online.

My only issue with those modes is the same with real F1 racing - the best car is always considerably faster than all the other teams, 2015 release was AMG Mercedes :(

Sold the last game after 3 days.

My next racing games for this year will be these:

Assetto Corsa - August.

NASCAR Heat Evolution - September.

 

 

Edited by DavidCore89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crawford1872
1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

Career and co-op career mode was always better than online.

My only issue with those modes is the same with real F1 racing - the best car is always considerably faster than all the other teams, 2015 release was AMG Mercedes :(

Sold the last game after 3 days.

My next racing games for this year will be these:

Assetto Corsa - August.

NASCAR Heat Evolution - September.

 

 

I'd agree there, looks like they've given it a workover this year where you need to actually take part in practice to get r&d, and all the teams can improve/stagnate in development, i'll be taking the mclaren honda up back to the top when i get it, and i'm pretty sure i'd read good things about the nascar game actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

I was part of a racing league back when 2013 was out. Love f1 racing. At least online means you can balance the cars so everyone has the same machinery. 

NASCAR may be dull and predictable to watch but to actually race is pretty fun. May consider that too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revbouncer

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43889/f1-2016-dedicated-car-setup-site#latest

These are a starting point. I prefer to use Styxs set ups rather than James', but they aren't always there. I start with theirs and tweek them to the best of my ability. Also I'm doing the tracks on time trial before I do them in career so I have a handle on the track, but the set ups will still need modifying a bit and that will come with more playing time.

I think this is a pretty cool F1 game. My last one was F1 2011

I haven't really got into the online side as yet as I want to have the set ups ready for each track before I do that seriously.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Don't have the game, but Team Redline usually post some good setups.

Limitless has posted quite a few. He's very quick and well known across many games for being a good driver.

 

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
23 hours ago, revbouncer said:

I found this link on the Codemasters forum. It's a new site just establishing and is slowly growing. It's a racing league site. Check it out :)

http://thebestonlineracing.com/forum/

If there are better ones please post a link ty.

Depends how serious you wanna get, there are leagues out there much more serious than that one. That website seems German based so races might be EU friendly. I recognize 1 name in the PS4 F1 sign-up thread, he races in my championship and is pretty quick too.

I'd suggest running a season with those guys first, see how active they are, times zones, how full their lobbies are, how clean the racing is and how the league admin control the sessions. From there you can decide if you wanna stay with them, look for additional leagues or take a step up in competition.

I've been in leagues that weren't active enough or people raced dirty/poorly, took a while to find the one that I'm in now, but they don't race F1 this year.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revbouncer

Yeah not sure how much interest this is going to get and still not sure if I'll be able to make their schedule, but It's worth sussing out so I'll have a look. They're not ready yet, by the time they are I might be bored with the game lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
21 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I used to race with these guys on an older title http://apexonlineracing.com/community/

I'm not sure whose running it these days but they were a very organised racing league before and I can imagine it's still the same people behind it.

Probably the most well known league out there and some of the very best drivers.

However, I'm sure they only allow wheel users (same goes for a lot of leagues).

I've been tempted to join them a few times, maybe I will in the future.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revbouncer

It's a frustrating game at times. I won't use flashbacks so when shit happens I have to restart. I've tried this race for the last 3 days. Best so far is I got to 3 turns from home fighting for 4th and a lapped Ericson did the same thing to me, you shoulda heard my language at that point lmao :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revbouncer

Wow I'm 4 secs off the pace in that TBOR league. I think I'm too old for this lol. It will take me 12 months to find 4 secs! They're only a small community atm so not much chance of a graded tourny, looks like everyone together, I'll probably not take part in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
17 minutes ago, revbouncer said:

Wow I'm 4 secs off the pace in that TBOR league. I think I'm too old for this lol. It will take me 12 months to find 4 secs! They're only a small community atm so not much chance of a graded tourny, looks like everyone together, I'll probably not take part in that.

Big gap, but that's league racing for you - there's always a faster driver around, you'll improve though. 4 seconds is probably no bigger than the gap between P1 and P22 IRL.

Sometimes people have great pace over a single lap, but maintaining that over a long race is near impossible, often the tyres won't live very long.

Some leagues run a GP2 series, sometimes that's a better place to get started. I'll ask a few friends when I get on the PS4 later, maybe they'll have a few ideas for you.

When you found out that you were 4 seconds off the pace of the leader, was that a custom setup? Often a custom setup will suit wheel users and not pad users, or it just won't suit your style of driving and that'll cost some time. To prepare for league races I like to run laps with default setup to learn the track inside and out, then make changes one-by-one so I can feel what's happening and easily see if that change is improving the pace. Some people make a bunch of changes at the same time and then have no idea what is changing on the car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

Some leagues run a GP2 series, sometimes that's a better place to get started. I'll ask a few friends when I get on the PS4 later, maybe they'll have a few ideas for you.

Apex Racing used to have 4 different leagues when I was a part of it. You could always find a group who raced at your level. I used to manage the 4th division of racers plus the Gran Turismo side of things too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...