Ark: Survival Evolved

DefaultBling

This looks awesome! I'm looking at the early access for PC atm. Might end up buying it. Cause I wanna ride a fucking dinosaur!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, just wondering if anyone else is playing ark? If your looking for a chilled tribe to roll with, add me on psn! 

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

I have it but so far only played single player, managed to get killed a couple of times by a few small dinos and picked up an airdrop. That's all I've played, I'm clueless there and I was scared to go online :D

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

• 4 weeks later...

It took me ages to get going in this game. Didn't understand it, didn't like one bit at first. But then it kinda just clicked i got right into it.  Its quite enjoyable although probably the least likely game i thought i would ever own with my taste.  But in true Matty flip flop indecisive fashion I ended up running my own server :lol: Its a real shame they aren't cross platform. I'm surprised it's on console to be honest, there is a look of controls, kinda need a keyboard and mouse.

• Like 2

yFn5uY6.png

21 minutes ago, Matty said:

It took me ages to get going in this game. Didn't understand it, didn't like one bit at first. But then it kinda just clicked i got right into it.  Its quite enjoyable although probably the least likely game i thought i would ever own with my taste.  But in true Matty flip flop indecisive fashion I ended up running my own server :lol: Its a real shame they aren't cross platform. I'm surprised it's on console to be honest, there is a look of controls, kinda need a keyboard and mouse.

Really wanna try this game. If only my old gaming pc could run it (anything). Could do with a serious makeover soon. 

Edited by Banketelli

It really is quite a resource heavy game @Banketelli. It's not terribly well optimised at all. I'm running a gtx970 (bit old now) and barely get 60fps and that's with a lot of the effects turned down a little. When you compare it to something like GTA which looks a lot better graphically which i can run at very high quality and get a flat 60fps constant.   Still i can't knock the gameplay, it ticks all the survival genre boxes and then some. Oh and you can ride around on a t rex.  Always a bonus in my book buddy.

yFn5uY6.png

• 11 months later...

hello all, just wondering if anyone plays this on ps4? if you have a tribe already i'd love to come and help or if your looking for a tribe we always want recruits! pvp official!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pen0sIRE said:

hello all, just wondering if anyone plays this on ps4? if you have a tribe already i'd love to come and help or if your looking for a tribe we always want recruits! pvp official!

Hey there! I don't play it but would like to see any gaming footage you have. If you record your gameplay please post a link where I can watch. Thanks and do you plan on getting Read Dead Redemption 2 ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 5:39 AM, Con said:

Hey there! I don't play it but would like to see any gaming footage you have. If you record your gameplay please post a link where I can watch. Thanks and do you plan on getting Read Dead Redemption 2 ?

i have some footage from small raids and stuff on my ps4, i'm only starting to get into the recording recently! i could send you links to some of the youtube channels of raids ive been involved in?

yea bro im planning on getting rdr2, thats why im still here with you wonderful folks! i dont really play gta too often anymore and ark is a real time sapper!

• Like 1

On 4 April 2018 at 5:25 AM, Pen0sIRE said:

We've got it the computer, my son plays and really enjoys it. Not sure if it does cross platform. If it did I might consider jumping on for a bit of a laugh.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:59 PM, Xyon14 said:

We've got it the computer, my son plays and really enjoys it. Not sure if it does cross platform. If it did I might consider jumping on for a bit of a laugh.

unfortunately it doesnt currently do cross platform. thats probably a good thing for pc though as the ps4 community can be quite toxic. im back playing gta a bit too because of it. the tribe we are part of has an enemy tribe that has decided to ddos our servers, making it impossible to play the game atm. its hella fun with a good group of people though and the raiding aspect and pvp is brilliant, just the lag, servers,cheaters, glitches that let the game down as a whole. conan exiles in a few weeks :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 5:39 AM, Con said:

there ya go, thats us being dicks and meatrunning bases from two of the biggest tribes on ark ps4!

• 8 months later...

I just got this game for the PS4 yesterday after seeing it on the must have PS game list.

I agree it is confusing, but it has my interest so far. A bit like a sleeker and combat oriented version of MineCraft.

The single player is much easier to learn on as I do not last long on the online PVP or PVE servers. The PVP and PVE are tougher due to higher level dinosaurs, limited resources and trying to keep from being discovered too soon.

All in all it is pretty fun. I will try to broadcast through TWITCH when I play so keep a lookout if you want to check it out.

Also, if anyone else is currently playing, let me know if you want.

Ern

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII