Scene 1-2 (GTA 5 The Movie)

JALJ

http://rsg.ms/6ff5aaa

scene1_2.jpg

Hooray, my first job! :D

So here we have a massive map for a TDM. (I only say it's big because while I was testing it was very hard to get from one side of the map to the other.) Its essentially RPGS vs Snipers. Start of with a sniper and pick up rockets as you go. Plenty of space for cover and a nice long map to get those long distance shots. I tried to divide the area into two and make it as even as possible in terms of weapons and cover.

I was going for a "fun" idea as opposed to a "competitive". I expect people who are good to be challenged and those who aren't so good to still have fun. I expect some people to escape the boundaries of the map and try to exploit angles but I'll fix these problems as they come up.

I'm going for a " movie " idea with this job and future jobs I make. I'll be naming them "scene..." And creating them based on general ideas I would want to capture of if i was really shooting a movie. I don't know I'm weird... Lol

Tell me what you think!

Edited by JALJ

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I think Michael Bay would approve of this.

Will have to try it sometime.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 2 weeks later...

Good old rocket fun. On the outer part of the track I thought it provided enough cover to be able to avoid rockets if you're diligent to move quickly. The interesting element was ending up with only a sniper rifle in close quarters because it meant going to hand to hand combat and I didn't think the snipers were going to work out in this setup, but I did get sniped twice. It was fun. I'd play it again.

• Like 1

Yeah those walls actually worked really well, even though i wasnt so sure it would lol. The map is big too but i never felt like i was too far from an enemy even though there was only 4 of us.

I think ill add some melee weapons for the hand to hand combat. If you pick up a melee weapon you don't drop it when you die like you do with ammo right? Im thinking if put them close to spawn points it will give everyone a chance to pick one up and add another dimension to the fun. Maybe some hammers haha

• Like 1

Cool! Hopefully it doesn't lag too much. I had set it originally at 30 but there's no way it can handle that many explosions lol

I like the idea of picking up a melee weapon, as long as there is enough rpg and sniper pickups available for everyone. Maybe it's ok just fist fighting instead? The RPGs tend to go really quick especially if there are a lot of people so it's something to watch out for.

30 people would be fine IMO (although I have hardly played with a full lobby like that before) but it would certainly be a bit laggy but that's the way the game is. 16 people with RPGs will probably be pretty laggy but the size of the map should make it ok.

Personally I found it a bit difficult to kill people. There are heaps of barriers and also the fence that follows around the racetrack means you struggle to shoot over it. What I think could improve it is to have more containers instead of the blue barriers. You could hide behind the container which would protect you from the blast and you could also stand on top of it to get a good vantage point to shoot rockets over the racetrack railings and to have a pretty good view of most of the map.

I noticed towards the end you had a big fort type thing at each end which is cool, maybe you could add one or 2 smaller ones along each side since that's where a lot of the action takes place.

With RPGs, the ammo runs out quickly and you also usually die pretty quickly, so it might be worth putting weapons near all the spawn points so that you can have rockets straight away but that depends on how you want to to play out and it wasn't that big of a deal.

Something different and fun, good work :)

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I think the idea here is good and the narrative is interesting enough.

I know this is mostly supposed to be a "for fun" map, but some of the prop work makes that aspect very difficult to enjoy. There is a center divide of varying props all over that you more or less need to know someone to get around. This really puts the RPG users at a severe disadvantage because while you can shoot through those chain link fences, RPGs cannot pass through and those props as far as I know are indestructible. Instead of the awkward blue construction fences on the actual track itself, perhaps you place some large vehicles there .. stuff that blows up to tie into the idea of what you're trying to display here.

As Scotty mentioned, invest some more time in the prop structure so that it's a bit more balanced toward both weapon choices here. I think if you work on the flow a bit this can be a lot of fun.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Thanks for your input G. :)

This was the "first" time its played so it was interesting to see it in action and people did play it a little different than what i thought they would when i was making it.

I use the blue walls on the track for protection as thats where most spawn points are. However I could probably remove a few of them, even i ended up getting lost behind a few of them lol. The idea of cars sound good too, because even once they blow up, they still remain on the level and people could use them to get to higher ground and avoid that pesky white rail that goes around that track.

I am pleasantly pleased by the hand to hand combat that goes on though. Saw Berzey and Jag get into an epic fist fight where several punches were thrown but only one landed haha.

• Like 2

I really like this one. I see the point about the chain link fence, but it does lend a bit of a leveling of the playing field between the sniper and the rocket launcher. It takes pinpoint accuracy to use the sniper rifle but it's possible to be a little sloppy and still get the distance kill with the RPG.

• Like 1

Im gonna work on the map this week get some changes in. Like G mentioned the balancing is off and i want it to be enjoyable for both snipers and rpg users. I got some ridiculous, no look kills with the RPG last night while sniping was a little harder. I have the heavy sniper too, which if im not mistaken, kills you with one good placed shot. I did see some people sniping though so i know its not COMPLETELY broken lol.