Defected PS4-Sony aren't repairing/replacing.

So,I've had this issue for quite some time with the PS4 where it ejects the CD on its own randomly and then I can't put it back in.Got the console sometime in October-November '14 and its happened only 8-10 times till now.

Took the console to Sony in March earlier this year and the engineer said that the screw below the eject button was loose.He tightened it and gave it back to me in 10 minutes.I thought that fixed it completely,but a month later it happened again and naturally I went to Sony's Service Center again.

This time they asked me to deposit the console and if they find it happening they would replace it with a new one.Now,the key thing is that the CD didn't eject on its own when it was under Sony's observation so they are now refusing to do anything about it and gave it back just as it was.

I called up Customer Care and told them that the Service Center in my city wasn't repairing/replacing when the console is clearly defected.They said the same thing as the Service Center that the problem did not show up so they were right in not taking any action with the console.

So now I'm stuck with this piece and can't get it replaced because it worked perfectly when Sony had it with them.I'm thinking of taking a video recording and show it to them as proof the next time it happens,but don't know how much that would help.

Is there anything that can be done so that I can get them to replace it?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what to make of it, Ive had a ps4 that stopped working, I sent it back to Sony and they send me another console, but my issue with it was kind of serious, the unit wouldn't turn on and when it did it was only for a couple of minutes at a time, in my personal experience they were serious and quick to replace it. In your case I wouldn't stop bugging them about it, you have rights, if it ejects the disc after a couple of hours of play tell them that and tell them you don't want that to happen, the unit is defective and that's it

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Not sure what to make of it, Ive had a ps4 that stopped working, I sent it back to Sony and they send me another console, but my issue with it was kind of serious, the unit wouldn't turn on and when it did it was only for a couple of minutes at a time, in my personal experience they were serious and quick to replace it. In your case I wouldn't stop bugging them about it, you have rights, if it ejects the disc after a couple of hours of play tell them that and tell them you don't want that to happen, the unit is defective and that's it

But they want it to happen right before in front of their eyes and won't believe me when I tell them.

It doesn't happen often,the nature of the problem is such that it happens very randomly and it can be months before it re occurs.

But tell them simply that the issue occurs after a few hours of gameplay, And that it occurs randomly...

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Try the official PS4 vertical stand.

The eject button is on the front of the console, but it also goes under the console, mine has been pressed several times when I've slightly moved the console.

Certainly get a recording of when the console starts to eject your discs, then let them know that you have proof. The issue isn't a daily thing, I suspect it's totally random, you'll need constant recording of the front of the PS4 (which aint gonna be easy).

Sony denying that they've seen the issue on your console is the easy way out. Send them video proof, then they cannot brush it off with the excuse "The issue didn't show up in our service centre".

When it starts ejecting, does it happen just once per occasion or does it eject a disc (for example) 5 times in a row?

• Like 2

But tell them simply that the issue occurs after a few hours of gameplay, And that it occurs randomly...

They said that they left the console running for 4-5 days.I tried explaining that it can happen anytime and there's no guarantee of it happening when it's with them,no luck.

Try the official PS4 vertical stand.

The eject button is on the front of the console, but it also goes under the console, mine has been pressed several times when I've slightly moved the console.

Certainly get a recording of when the console starts to eject your discs, then let them know that you have proof. The issue isn't a daily thing, I suspect it's totally random, you'll need constant recording of the front of the PS4 (which aint gonna be easy).

Sony denying that they've seen the issue on your console is the easy way out. Send them video proof, then they cannot brush it off with the excuse "The issue didn't show up in our service centre".

When it starts ejecting, does it happen just once per occasion or does it eject a disc (for example) 5 times in a row?

Yeah,it keeps ejecting continously and also starts beeping after like every 5-10 seconds.I have to put the power off and unplug it then.

I think video evidence is the only thing you can do.

You could also get it repaired by a private company, explain the issue and explain that Sony have refused to help, of course there will be costs involved.

Edited by DavidCore89

That sucks Vish.

My console has the same issue, but not that bad, yet.

I just restart in safe mode, rebuild the database, and restore factory settings. Pain in the ass but it does provide a temporary fix.

Another way is to turn your power off while the PS4 is still on. That doesn't seem to work as well as the previous method.

• Like 1

I think video evidence is the only thing you can do.

You could also get it repaired by a private company, explain the issue and explain that Sony have refused to help, of course there will be costs involved.

There are barely any private companies here who do this kind of thing,I doubt if there are any actually.Shopkeepers selling games and consoles who are also into modifying would probably be able to repair it but its very risky as they might void warranty and end up damaging the console even more.The only safe option is Sony so I'll wait till it happens again,record it and go absolutelyfuckingnuts at them lol.

• Like 2

I had this same issue for the longest time, but it only ever happened once when I was in the middle of a game.  Same sort of thing, the machine would eject the disc and start beeping incessantly at random times, usually at night when I was trying to sleep, but always when it was off.  Tightening the eject screw has worked for me for the last month (knock on wood), and hopefully it will continue.  It's definitely a pain in the ass.  

Trying tightening the eject screw on your own.  It's fairly easy and, while you are popping off part of the case, it doesn't void the warranty.  http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-save-your-ps4-from-the-auto-eject-disc-bug-1600574/

Otherwise, yeah, record it happening and hopefully Sony will actually step up and help you.

Edited by c_finky
  • Like 1

Finally Sony have agreed to replace it!

It happened again and I showed them the video.

They even said that it did occur when it was with them this time,so it should be a smooth process from now.

Thanks all!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

its an issue with overheating that causes the plastic warp, also update your firmware to 2.55 at the least which solve weird hardware issues with the blueray drive while switching a disc.

At best if any of you are on the market for a PS4, make sure its a PS4 CUH-1200 Series that has physical power and eject buttons, -20 Watts less power consumption that result in a drop in temperature and a quieter fan. I missed this new console model by a weak smh sigh.

: FIRE :

its an issue with overheating that causes the plastic warp, also update your firmware to 2.55 at the least which solve weird hardware issues with the blueray drive while switching a disc.

At best if any of you are on the market for a PS4, make sure its a PS4 CUH-1200 Series that has physical power and eject buttons, -20 Watts less power consumption that result in a drop in temperature and a quieter fan. I missed this new console model by a weak smh sigh.

: FIRE :

You don't happen to know if the ps4 batman arkham knight bundle includes that model do you? 

I'm looking to get one in the future & this has been super informative to me.. I had an original xb360 & experienced the RRoD on that.. it sucked!

Sorry to hear about your 360 may it R.I.P. The Batman Arkham Knight bundle PS4

as far as I know ,come in the model CUH-1115A which makes it apart or the 1100

hundred series, how do I know? because I have one, the plain black version, not the

steal grey version  Model CUH-1115A BZ3  to be precise. Too bad I heard about the new

CUH-1200 series too late which is unfortunate or I would probably have one right now

:( . Anyways the model number should be on the box so examine it before making

purchase. I don't believe it comes in the CUH-1200. Avoid the Day One model

CUH-1000 series like the plague, run like the wind my son. RUN! lol :)

Edited by smurf

......  avoid the Day One model CUH-1000 series

like the plague, run like the wind my son. RUN! lol :)

Mine is a launch model CUH-1003A. 

Whats the problem with it? I've had it since day 1 and not had any issues at all.

Issues with overheating mainly, they made apart of the heat sink smaller to accommodate their design which was corrected in the series 1100, firmware update issues when switching disc, ps4 not staying on for long while internet is on but will work totally fine offline and a resolution settings that causes the system to show black screen that could also be a compatibility issue with the monitor or power cut during a firmware update while in rest mode, the 1st thing I did was turning off automatic update when I got my console.

Edited by smurf