Controllo Stabilita

G37

Controllo Stabilita

2qs8bop.jpg

Description:

Detect and reduce, by your own hand, loss of traction in this street circuit spanning popular venues in Los Santos. Go where your vehicle intends to as you counter oversteer through fast corners and faster straights, just as Grotti would have it. A race intended for the Turismo with customs available in other classes.

Job Link:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/7AIKPTDN8UOFcV02N_Cgxw

This isn't nearly as messy as it looks. Poles on corners are protected but you're on your own for the straights. Adjusted a few things after testing and elected to keep this for the Turismo (to slow a particular section down that might cause some issues with custom cars). With the Turismo in mind, I wanted a unique title. While playing with the definition of "stability control", it hit me. Each manufacturer has a sort of unique name for the computerized feature. Some call it Vehicle Dynamics Control, some call it this, some call it that. Why not go with Ferrari's own Italian name for it? And I did.

Feedback is appreciated.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I've ran this with the stock Turismo and customs sports cars.

I think I prefer custom sports, but if you add the Cheetah it might become more interesting.

Some may disagree with tyre walls to prevent corner cutting as striped concrete barriers are usually used, but I've used the same technique on one of my races and it's never been mentioned in a negative way.

I think they're better as they can be used to fully protect poles if you knock it down first, concrete barriers don't do the same job, they leave some pole exposed and that's enough to drop it.

Very nice chicane used in this race, all of those edges seem smooth to me.

Good race, a keeper on my bookmark list!

• Like 1

Yeah, I like concrete barriers for their appearance better but I use those tire walls for that very same reason because they serve that extra function. I would throw concrete barriers or tire stacks in the mix but personally I like to keep things uniform throughout and IMO those walls + red and white props in the same track just look ugly.

I've yet to try it with Sports but I'd like to sometime soon. Was also thinking of adding in the Cheetah for giggles but that would allow custom Super Cars if hosts don't turn it off (again mostly did that to help prevent people from hitting that traffic light in the air, not sure if custom sports cars can hit it or not). I'll do it anyway though just to see.

Thanks for the words though, it's always helpful to hear about things that go right or wrong.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I think custom sports will hit the pole if a player takes the jump towards the left of the road.

Naturally it'd be taken towards the right to prepare for the upcoming left hand turn, but you never know what some people are gonna do.

I agree though, concrete barriers/stacks with tyre walls do clash, but they work for highlighting the start of a tyre wall, especially at night.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is another great track, G.

TBH, the layout map looks like a dog's breakfast - it's a mess.  :lol:

Once you learn the track though, it's really fun & challenging to race on, & not difficult to navigate around.

Most of the corners work very well with the Turismo R, & they just seem to link up nicely.

The checkpoints, chicane & other props work well & are very well placed.

Haven't tried it with anything other than the Turismo, but will give it a go with custom sports next time.  :)

• 1 month later...

To be Featured in Thursday Night Thunder's Not So Cool Coupes Racing Event on Sept 24.

If you want some practice it will be in the vetting playlist on Wednesday. Sorry Dodge, it was in my bullpen.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...