Top Gear Test Track

2_0.jpg

If everyone is the same pace then contact is perfect however this track does have a crossing point in the middle so if there are a lot of players non contact is best 

Description:

GTA recreation of the well known BBC television show test track. See if you can best the stig in your favourite cars!

Video of track:

TBA

Rockstar Social Link:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/adsyfindlay/games/gtav/jobs/job/aOO37SMTO0im4bM30skm5w?platformId=11

Feedback is always welcome :D

Crew member in a reasonably priced car

For those of you who don't know about this Top Gear has a star that they put round thier track as a competition to find the fastest "star in a reasonably priced car" and the same is going to happen here. You will race round the track to find the fastest of us in the Karin Asterope

The track will be started under the following conditions

Race Type: Non Contact

Laps: 1

Class: Sedans

Time of day: Noon

Weather: Clear

Traffic: Off

Wanted Levels: Off

Custom Vehicles: Off

Crew Member               Time

LimeGreenLegend          1:37:431 

Crew member in a Elite priced car

This will be the same as above only using a modded car of your choice, sports will be used.

The track will be started under the following conditions:

Race Type: Non Contact

Laps: 1

Class: Sports

Time of day: Noon

Weather: Clear

Traffic: Off

Wanted Levels: Off

Custom Vehicles: On

Crew Member               Car                                   Time

LimeGreenLegend          Massacro (Race Car)       1:17:577
Edited by adsyfindlay

Got a chance to try this out.

I have no idea how accurate a reflection this is as compared to it's real counterpart, but it's an enjoyable route.

My only grimace is with some of the prop builds. While structurally I'm sure they mimic the actual turns quite well, my problem is in their quality. There's very awkward spacing between them and it's something I dread. Tire lines are definitely annoying there because of where that first real turn is, and with the surrounding architecture/topography, makes it a bit difficult to prepare for it on your first run. So having props here that have big gaps can easily stop you dead or force a respawn (mostly why I hate tire lines because you can get stuck on them).

I'm not sure if that's how their track is actually laid out too, but for my own personal tastes, I have an issue with only the props. The route and cps themselves are excellent. I would only suggest some tidying up of the props/better matching perhaps.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Got a chance to try this out.

I have no idea how accurate a reflection this is as compared to it's real counterpart, but it's an enjoyable route.

My only grimace is with some of the prop builds. While structurally I'm sure they mimic the actual turns quite well, my problem is in their quality. There's very awkward spacing between them and it's something I dread. Tire lines are definitely annoying there because of where that first real turn is, and with the surrounding architecture/topography, makes it a bit difficult to prepare for it on your first run. So having props here that have big gaps can easily stop you dead or force a respawn (mostly why I hate tire lines because you can get stuck on them).

I'm not sure if that's how their track is actually laid out too, but for my own personal tastes, I have an issue with only the props. The route and cps themselves are excellent. I would only suggest some tidying up of the props/better matching perhaps.

I'll take another look, thanks for the feedback, would you be able to tell me the specific corners that you mean? I think you mean Chicago and Hammerhead?

TG_Test_Track.PNG

Edited by adsyfindlay

I only played this on PS4, but I'm thinking you have plenty of props remaining.

It's just lacking that finishing touch so to speak. Feels a little rough in some areas.

I'd have to run it again to look through what exactly but it was Hammerhead I recall needing some attention. I think Gambon was fine, again, I'd have to run it again in some spare time to check everything out.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I only played this on PS4, but I'm thinking you have plenty of props remaining.

It's just lacking that finishing touch so to speak. Feels a little rough in some areas.

I'd have to run it again to look through what exactly but it was Hammerhead I recall needing some attention. I think Gambon was fine, again, I'd have to run it again in some spare time to check everything out.

Nope I'm afraid i only had dynamics remaining, thats why it was a bit rough I wanted to protect more poles before I went about making it pretty but ran out unfortunately :( I can take another look and see if I can line things up better if possible though :) might glitch them into each other to make it smoother :)

And here we thought 100 props would be enough.

I'd gladly trade in 20 dynamic props for being able to dump another 20 regular ones in.

In the picture I notice you have a combination of tire lines/stacks though. Can probably trade the stacks in for more lines (tighter knit)

Edited by G37

And here we thought 100 props would be enough.

I'd gladly trade in 20 dynamic props for being able to dump another 20 regular ones in.

Me too hahaha no matter how many I have I always need more lol would make a huge difference if the lamp posts weren't such a problem :/

• Like 1