Heist Advice

revbouncer

Heists are here finally. This thread is for those that have participated in one or more and can offer advice based on their experiences

Share your heists tips here :)

Edited by revbouncer
  • Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• revbouncer

• SirSaha

• Smurf

• kortniechan

Take your time, because if you die you get to restart which sucks

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Question i cant find answer to what happens if team of 4 starts a heist and completes several setup missions but not the main heist. They all get offline can the heist leader not join anymore heists untill this one is finished or can he and somehow go back to same spot on other heist. Hope that makes sense

• Like 1

Before the heist finale, make sure to stock up on snacks and armor. Also, save your favorite custom outfits in the clothing stores so you can pick them in the heist lobby when allowed.

Question i cant find answer to what happens if team of 4 starts a heist and completes several setup missions but not the main heist. They all get offline can the heist leader not join anymore heists untill this one is finished or can he and somehow go back to same spot on other heist. Hope that makes sense

The leader can host where the previous heist left off, and can join any other heist/setup job with an invite from another leader.

Edited by SeymorScagneti
  • Like 2

We were moving along good on the Humane Labs Heist setup missions until we got to the mission where you have to bring the EMP into the Lab with the Insurgent. It all has to be done by stealth, we still haven't finished it yet hopefully today sometime. But the advice is to let the patrol vehicle come out of the main gate and use your silenced weapons to kill the guys in the truck before you head in through the main gate to stealthily kill the guards and scientists with silenced weapons. Hope it helps someone out

We were moving along good on the Humane Labs Heist setup missions until we got to the mission where you have to bring the EMP into the Lab with the Insurgent. It all has to be done by stealth, we still haven't finished it yet hopefully today sometime. But the advice is to let the patrol vehicle come out of the main gate and use your silenced weapons to kill the guys in the truck before you head in through the main gate to stealthily kill the guards and scientists with silenced weapons. Hope it helps someone out

Snipe them as they reach the gates.

All of that job is done by sniping and stealth + melee.

Enemies that are nearby to other enemies need to be taken out with precision and right on cue, if not then they will be alarmed.

You also cannot afford to miss a single shot, again the enemy will be alarmed.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

When you do the jobs, always look for the yellow marker at your destination. eg, we turned up at the cop shop in uniform and they still shot at us because we didn't trigger it properly by parking in the yellow marker. When we did that we just walked in the cop shop no dramas :)

• Like 2

Thursday I had an issue in the last bank heist mission, but  when driving your motorcycle through the hilly  trails, you want to slow way the heck down when approaching that check point because you might very well plug to your death, but after that line up your motorcycle on the bridge and press the nos boast close to the next check point, jump off the  motorcycle and deploy parachute. Don't go full retard like I did playing it on hard.

Edited by smurf
  • Like 2

Don't mess around with the velum during the prison break heist.

No loopings and barrel rolls or you'll almost end up in the Alamo Sea like me :lol:

Stay focused and fly behind the jets. :)

Also don't fly over the prison, they have SAM !

Edited by Fido_le_muet

Don't mess around with the velum during the prison break heist.

No loopings and barrel rolls or you'll almost end up in the Alamo Sea like me :lol:

Stay focused and fly behind the jets. :)

Also don't fly over the prison, they have SAM !

Good tip :D

And during Prison Break setup where you steal the Velum. It's usually best to clear whole airport from enemies first and then after that steal the Velum. 

• Like 2

To all those shooting for the $10 000 000 bonus. Make sure you set aside plenty of time to do the finale of the bank job. We tried many times and had a good plan for success. Alas it was 4:40am and i needed sleep. When i logged on next, it said i had completed all heists and to ph Lester to redo them. We didn't get paid! And the final heist isn't avl to replay.

Edited by revbouncer

Good tip :D

And during Prison Break setup where you steal the Velum. It's usually best to clear whole airport from enemies first and then after that steal the Velum. 

Also, as soon as the prison team leaves with Rhaskovsky, the Velum pilot is safe from harm until they get on the plane. The jets will no longer trigger and cops will leave the pilot alone.

Good advise on clearing the airport before taking off ! I drove the armored truck around the airport a few times to give the Buzzard pilot the time to get rid off the cops and it made the escape a bit easier.

Also put the player with the 'worst' connection on the demo job to try and circumvent the wanted level bug.

*spoiler*

When placing the EMP or what's-it-called at the Humane Labs, take your time and snipe your way through slowly and coordinate the shots. All NPC's will do the same all the time except for two scientists. Sometimes they stand still near the left wall, sometimes they move towards the garage port in the back where you have to park the Insurgent, but sometimes they also move towards the front gate. And that is where it gets tricky ! If that happens, focus on the two scientists and the first two guards after you get through the entrance (the moving Insurgent, the guard on top and the two at the gatehouse should have been taken care off already by that time). Then move on to the two scientists near the monkey cages and the guards further back. Especially the one moving around on the overhead walkway can be a b*tch.

*spoiler*

Edited by ronin
  • Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

On the Pacific Standard Heist when you have to escape the Bank. Choose the Demolition and Hackker as the best drivers from your group. Stay together and it has worked better that we have just stole a cop car and used that. 

We also tried with 2 cop cars but the last guy gets so many cops after him that I've never seen him made it. 1 car and 3 guys shooting cops is my way of doing it.

And in the Base Jump section you just have to discuss and improvise. There is always a possibility to just drive off the hill and to the boat.

Just had a go at the Valkyrie mission in Humane,

Best tactic is to get the whole team into an Armoured Kuruma and just cruise up taking out any of the Merryweather soldiers in the way, only bit to watch is the Buzzard firing missiles at you.

An update on my glitch with the final heist. Rockstar told me to do some freeroam activities or other jobs and this might fix the issue.

ROFLMGDFAO : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT :  : SHOUT : 

Fucking idiots!

Great tip for all the heists is to try to go off road !! stay off the roads if you can, lessens conflicts and cop presence! 

To all those shooting for the $10 000 000 bonus. Make sure you set aside plenty of time to do the finale of the bank job. We tried many times and had a good plan for success. Alas it was 4:40am and i needed sleep. When i logged on next, it said i had completed all heists and to ph Lester to redo them. We didn't get paid! And the final heist isn't avl to replay.

This happened to me also, but to get it solved you will have to have someone else host that bank heist mission and when its complete you will be able to call Lester and start the setup, spent 11hrs just trying to get that mission done with constant randoms fails and a few fails of mine own, easiest mission with the right crew, armor ,snacks, communication and execution. Edited by smurf
  • Like 1

When doing the Pacific Standard Bank Heist and you run to the alley take out a few cops turn to the right and getting out of the alley scale the fence while running parallel to the alley get to the yellow marker check point and move on the next check point after you clear it, you don't have to kill every cop in sight. Drive the motorcycle on the grass/off road as much as possible, mainly cops only stick to the road so 'Bothering you they will not.'If a cop car is coming up behind you on the grass swerve to the left then to the right and they might spin out, but if you don't shake em swerve hard in one direction. I drove so slow sometimes my other random crew members probably thought I would not make it, Nope! No cops around me buddy, just enjoying the scenery.

Edited by smurf
  • Like 2

It worked Smurf. Managed to help Mark finish his and it unlocked mine. I also got a $1 mil bonus for doing them all in order. Happy days! Yes go cross country, it's a bit slower, but much less stressful. I stole a cop car and drove off the jump and all the way to the dinghy.... too easy :D

• Like 2

Just had a go at the Valkyrie mission in Humane,

Best tactic is to get the whole team into an Armoured Kuruma and just cruise up taking out any of the Merryweather soldiers in the way, only bit to watch is the Buzzard firing missiles at you.

When i do this mission i ignore all the meryweather people till the end of the dock.

I drive straight to the back dock were the helli is in a armored Kuruma and take out any dudes near the helicopter. get in and start annihilating the rest with missiles. really easy. most of the soldiers cant run back there in time to give you trouble

Edited by kortniechan