Fallout 4 mods

Whiteford99

Downloaded a few today, will give a full report after I have played with them for a while.

Super easy to load on my Xbox one, maybe by next week you PS4 players can get some.

• Like 1

Some simply don't work, it is easy to disable them.

Auto save time about doubled, but it is saving vanilla, and modded.

New stuff every hour, over 7k files for XB1 so far.

• Like 1

There's more mods on Bethesdanet for Xbox now than for PC, but PC players mostly use nexus. Apparently PS4 are only getting 0.9gb of space for mods compared to Xbox 2gb, Bethesda are working with Sony to increase the limit.

Nexus was already established for Skyrim players. How limited are the mods though? I can't see them being as unrestricted as the PC version. 

A lot of the XB1 mods are ported from the Nexus.

Somewhat less racy, but the weapons I have downloaded are great. 

PC will always trump consoles. PS3 was better than XB360, but XB1 stomps a mudhole in the PS4.

• 3 months later...

PS4 getting mods yet? 

I have gone through all the mods I was running on xb1, and am taking out a bunch, load times suffer pretty badly with the big world changing mods. Plus one of the mods I loaded made my character a mute, need to get rid of that for sure!

No mods on the PS4 probably ever.  Someone at Bethesda said Sony won't allow them.

Not bothered, mods never interested me, I'd get a PC if they did so I could do them properly.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

You have a valid point Lime, and I am looking into what upgrades my gaming pc is going to need to run fo4 the way I love to use mods. I run Skyrim with 285 mods, fo3 with around 100, and my favorite, fo New Vegas with over 200.

• 10 months later...

I don't mean to necropost, but I think it's within the confines of what's allowed.

PS4 did indeed get mods in the end, however with the condition that no external resources or assets are used.

I only ever really played Fallout 4 with mods, the visual ones in particular. Fallout 4 was vastly more enjoyable with green grass and living trees and plants. Made exploring the wasteland less of a boring procession of brown with occasional grey. Can also make the water and lighting better. Mess around with the weather.

It also wholely changed settlement building by permitting access to all the assets in the game. Of course the build mode snapping system is still a cow to use, but with it being possible to build more than a pile of corrugated wooden crap, it's actually worth doing. 

There are some good game mechanic mods that tailor the realism/difficulty of the experience, dealing with some of the various issues and limitations, rebalancing the factions to make them relevant *cough*minutemen.

There's enough now on PS4 to make it a rewarding new-feeling experience for a returning player, and2 to expand the appeal of fallout 4 by changing the mechanics to appeal to different players. Upping the leveling xp or cheating the economy is a great way for people who don't have 50 hours to spare grinding their way past the various cash and equipment gates to experience more of the game.

• Like 3

i wouldn't have played it through a second time without mods for sure, still not actually finished the DLC now I think about it haha

• Like 1

I enjoyed the PS4 mods but I ended up buying an Xbox one for this, I love settlement building and it was a vast improvement on Xbox. I think I ruined my PS4 game by increasing my limit too much :lol: If I ever get a PC I'll be playing this game yet again, it's a little bit addictive.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I enjoyed the PS4 mods but I ended up buying an Xbox one for this, I love settlement building and it was a vast improvement on Xbox. I think I ruined my PS4 game by increasing my limit too much :lol: If I ever get a PC I'll be playing this game yet again, it's a little bit addictive.

Yes I can imagine it would be better on xbox. I would love a gaming PC too, particularly now it's possible to stream Steam to a telly. But I just don't have the money for one, and I can't imagine I will for years to come. Although at least it means Fallout 4 will be dirt cheap by that time!

Crawford I found Far Harbour to be a very good expansion, if you see it cheap I think it's worth getting. If nothing else I found the storyline quite morally intriguing.

Edited by The_Lady_A
  • Like 1

@The_Lady_A yeah I bought them all a while back, enjoyed nuka cola world, but arrived on far harbour with the wrong character for the positive outcome for far harbour so started a new one but must have given up levelling them up a bit and forgot about the game tbh! 

Mods killed the gam off for me... :(

i had started a new play through on hardcore and was loving it, then the mods hit I thought it would be awesome. Gave myself loads of building materials then it all felt worthless as I did not earn them. Have not loaded up since then. It's a shame really, if I didn't dabble with them in the first place I might still be playing the game now.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I still haven't finished the story mode. Got hooked on settlement building and that was as far as I got. I probably would buy it on the PC though to get the full range of possible mods.

Some of the things that you can do with the game are incredible but once I get immersed in the modding then the story goes out of the window. It's the same with Skyrim, my game looks incredible and have a nice band of followers but combat is a joke now, most dragons are killed with a single hit.

For fallout I'll finish off the story on the PS4 first and then go down the PC route but will probably leave the modding side on console alone.

• Like 1