What did you want to be when you grew up?

JustHatched

This is more for those already out of school. When you were a kid what did you want to be as an adult? Did you do it?

I wanted to be a fighter pilot, and I knew I had to got good grades and attend the airforce acadamy. I got the grades, went to see the recruiter to find out the steps needed to take it further only to find out I was a few inches to short to fly F15 or 16's. I really had no other goals set so I went with partying and living the @Squirrel lifestyle for several years. Now as an adult I want to be a kid again..

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I wanted to be a nurse but I handle blood, or any other bodily fluid so that dream died.

When I was a teenager I wanted to be a parapsychologist but yet again, due to be terrified of ghosts etc, That other dream died

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

23 minutes ago, Hatch said:

This is more for those already out of school. When you were a kid what did you want to be as an adult? Did you do it?

I wanted to be a fighter pilot, and I knew I had to got good grades and attend the airforce acadamy. I got the grades, went to see the recruiter to find out the steps needed to take it further only to find out I was a few inches to short to fly F15 or 16's. I really had no other goals set so I went with partying and living the @Squirrel lifestyle for several years. Now as an adult I want to be a kid again..

You should have gone for the F-18's. It was fine for Tom Cruise. I always thought Fighter pilots were like racing drivers, the shorter the better. 

I'm very much a 36 year old man child. I've had my taste of adulthood and it's not for me! If it wasn't for the lanky frame, greying hair and beard I could pass for Peter Pan.

• Like 1

I can't remember which order these were in, but I went through phases of wanting to be a fighter pilot, football referee and lawyer. I have never come close to doing any of them. When it came for me to choose what subjects to do at school I stuck with the ones I was good at, sciences & maths, and went in the direction they took me.

Well i'm kinda out of school but i can still decide what i want to become since i'm young enough.

I always have been fascinated by the military (marines or anything else). I still want to join the military but only if i get sent out to other countries. 

My mom on the other hand strongly dislikes that. And i'm too kind to not join since my dad is barely home aswell. 

I still neee to make up my mind what i really want to do, since almost no one keeps doing the same job their whole live long

I wanted to fly jets as well. Then I learned that you had to be in the Air Force for that. Soon after I learned that the AF was not something that interested me.

I joined the Army instead.

Thought about the Marines as well but my head wouldn't fit in the jar ;)

In no particular order: decepticon, ninja, 3rd baseman for the rangers, Schwarzenegger,  or road warrior (after the bombs). Wound up a commercial plumber instead. Now I work at a party rental place and train protection dogs. 

First post was true, but realistically, anything working with animals. I always wanted to work on animal documentaries, or national geographic magazine. 

I wanted to be a fighter pilot, but I wear corrective lenses.

I became a mechanic/welder instead, two of my Uncles who I idolize were both mechanics.

Originally I wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, wasn't fussed which one.

When I was old enough to realize that the Ninja Turtles aren't recruiting - I wanted to be a footballer.

• Like 1

Honestly can't say I remember ever wanting to be anything of striving for a certain job. All I knew was I hated school and would rather work then go.  I guess once I got older I did go back to school to be an electrician but the money was crap so I took the job I'm at now as a chemical operator