Do you have migraines?

JustHatched

Do you suffer from them? What do you do to get it to go away?

I never had a headache of any kind (unless I got whacked in the head) until 3 years ago when I felt and heard a "pop" in my forehead, had an instant migraine then, went to hospital had cat scan, got a shot and to make sure it wasn't some sort of brain hemorrhage even had a spinal tap, nothing was found, but since then I have had a bunch of headaches and a few migraines, had one last night. Rose has them, she has pills for it, locks herself in a dark quiet room and she is there for the day. So thats what I do, except I steal one of her pills.

What do you do to get rid of yours? 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I always thought it was people over-reacting to a headache :lol:

However, one day I had a migraine and I also had to go into a quiet dark room. I even put some ice packs on my head because the fucker hurt so much, but I'm sure they made it worse.

I honestly didn't know what to do with myself, eventually just took some strong prescription sleeping pills.

I couldn't deal with that on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I couldn't deal with that on a regular basis.

Makes ya wanna suck on a gun barrel doesn't it :P

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

4 minutes ago, Beez said:

Thankfully no but my wife gets them. Much more common for women to get them.

You're not saying men are the cause are you :P

• Like 3

I have suffered with them for years. When I was pregnant with my daughter it started, they told me that they should stop after she was born. They didn't. They eventually got so bad I was getting 2-3 a week. The doctor called them cluster migraines. When I didn't have them I always felt like I had a headache hangover. They decided to put me on several different tablets to prevent, attack and make me loopy. They were supposed to help them go away but with my head in a balloon still getting them 2-3 times a week, I decided last November that I was stopping all the medications apart from the Sumitriptin which I take on the onset of a migraine. It didn't stop them but instead of getting them several times a week, I may get one once every couple of weeks now. My quality of life has improved loads. 

I've never suffered from migranes but do have an an aunt who suffers from chronic migranes. It's incredibly debilitating to the point where all she could do is just stay in bed. 

She was willing to do anything and she did. A mother of 4 and a grandma of 6 decided to try medicinal marijuana and she's never looked back. She doesn't smoke it lol but she instead gets it as cbd spray she applies orally and that's it. Shes just careful to never overmedicate which I always tell her is not necessarily a bad thing :lol:

She says it does actually alleviate the pain without the nasty side effects the medicine she was taking before.  

Edited by JALJ

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I used to get migraines very regularly and have been prescribed several different meds that just gave me awful side effects(all meds do for me). The only thing that ever works to get rid of one is sleep. Not sure if it's the lack of loud noise or the decrease in stress, but the last 18 months since I started my current job, I only get a migraine once every few months instead of once a week.

My wife gets them regularly have been trying to get her to look into a piercing that is out their it's called a daith piercing if you want to look it up. She hasn't yet 

I used to get cluster mirgraines, 10 or so, a couple minutes apart, thank god they stopped.

Dr. couldn't do anything for me. Only relief I got was drinking till I passed out. I can deal with a hangover.