Coin collector's thread

Sickman

Do we have any coin collectors in this group. Seems boring to some but I love find in old and odd coins. Anybody else have any they'd like to talk about. Feel free to post some pics of your collection. 

I am not a collector, and might be going slightly off topic, but I found a old bible and a 2 crown coin (from 1876) in the wall as I was redoing the house a few years ago.

Dl9tYZX.jpg

• Like 2

Not a coin collector but i have quite some coins from all over europe. The ones i loke the most are the one from Nazi-Germany

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lann said:

I am not a collector, and might be going slightly off topic, but I found a old bible and a 2 crown coin (from 1876) in the wall as I was redoing the house a few years ago.

Dl9tYZX.jpg

Thats pretty interesting.  Have you tried looking it up on Google?

24 minutes ago, Ninja said:

Not a coin collector but i have quite some coins from all over europe. The ones i loke the most are the one from Nazi-Germany

Theres a good market for Nazi Germany coins especially in the states.  I'd consider that a collection :)

I've collected a ridiculous amount of coins.. Some valuable, some not (sometimes I just like the date, so I keep it). 

I also have quite a few $200 Australian gold coins.. They look awesome! 

• Like 1

I don't collect them, but I have a few.

King George II 1776 Halfpence is the only one I have that I know is valuable. Maybe £150.

Also have a 1935 V one penny, not sure if that's worth anything, it's in a really bad way, almost flat!

Lots of other King George coins, the vast majority of my coins are from the 10's to the 30's.

The town in which I grew up was brought to the ground by the Germans during WWII as it was one of the largest exporters of coal in the world. The damage done means coins are to be found literally all over the city (especially in gardens or disused land).

In my teens I did a lot of landscaping work with my brother-in-law, some days I'd find 3 or 4 old coins. I have around 20 King George V Farthings which are worth absolutely nothing because they're so easy to find.

@Lann That's quite cool, also strange to find it inside a wall. I'd get it checked out.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ninja said:

See how much they are worth. Could go towards the new PS4 fund. You should really save for the 4.5!

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I don't collect them, but I have a few.

King George II 1776 Halfpence is the only one I have that I know is valuable. Maybe £150.

Also have a 1935 V one penny, not sure if that's worth anything, it's in a really bad way, almost flat!

Lots of other King George coins, the vast majority of my coins are from the 10's to the 30's.

The town in which I grew up was brought to the ground by the Germans during WWII as it was one of the largest exporters of coal in the world. The damage done means coins are to be found literally all over the city (especially in gardens or disused land).

In my teens I did a lot of landscaping work with my brother-in-law, some days I'd find 3 or 4 old coins. I have around 20 King George V Farthings which are worth absolutely nothing because they're so easy to find.

@Lann That's quite cool, also strange to find it inside a wall. I'd get it checked out.

That is crazy to know. Such history behind those coins. Even if they're not worth anything they're still awesome. 

45 minutes ago, Lann said:

My coin seems to be a good year. 

I wish it could tell me its story. 

http://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins?main_coin=3473&main_ss_id=84464&main_ww_id=270

Nice one man!

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

See how much they are worth. Could go towards the new PS4 fund. You should really save for the 4.5!

already checked everything out but they're not worth much. it's just coins that alot of people have

19 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Coin in a wall or just put into the fundaments of the house is just a builders practice. It was most likely put there when the house was built, to bring good luck etc. ;)

Thanks, it makes sense. The house was built 1906 and was initially a almshouse. Must have been alot of money at the time. 

I have a penny collection, nothing valuable though, got them from 1937 up to today. The WW2 steel pennies aren't worth anything though they are cool IMO.

My dad has a bunch of Confederate money passed thru my family since the Civil War (had family on both sides, but most fought for the south since we come from Virginia, before that from France.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 5/29/2016 at 7:58 AM, DavidCore89 said:
16 hours ago, Hatch said:

I have a penny collection, nothing valuable though, got them from 1937 up to today. The WW2 steel pennies aren't worth anything though they are cool IMO.

My dad has a bunch of Confederate money passed thru my family since the Civil War (had family on both sides, but most fought for the south since we come from Virginia, before that from France.

Even a penny valued at 50 cents is still good. I always like to find out what the coins are worth but its all really nostalgia just collecting different ones. And thats awesome!  I have yet to come across confederate money.

found this at work. Has the masonic temple stamped underneath washingtons head. They said the the free masons got a coin with the stamp for each degree they completed. Pretty cool :)znLatFo.jpg

• Like 1