Ps4 has taken damage

So my brother dropped my ps4 off of my little table it it has taken some damage inside. My screen now has a blackout for approx. 3 seconds every now and then and its getting more frequent.

Also i have these little red dots blinking in my screen and thats getting worse aswell..

https://imgur.com/a/Xo0NB

From the looks of things it looks like the issue is with the HDMI connection. The system is working as normal but I'm guessing that something has come loose where the HDMI connector meets the board.

If it is out of warranty then your only option is taking it to a shop or self repair. @skip_rat may be able to assist. He knows his way around the inside of a PS4.

50 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

From the looks of things it looks like the issue is with the HDMI connection. The system is working as normal but I'm guessing that something has come loose where the HDMI connector meets the board.

If it is out of warranty then your only option is taking it to a shop or self repair. @skip_rat may be able to assist. He knows his way around the inside of a PS4.

Yeah it's going to be a self repair if possible. It's driving me crazy and i cant play like this

1 minute ago, Ninja said:

Yeah it's going to be a self repair if possible. It's driving me crazy and i cant play like this

It may just be as simple as pushing something back into place but I wouldn't open up the PS4 if it is still covered by warranty it would invalidate it then. If you're happy to open it up look at the area where the HDMI connection is and post a few pics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

It may just be as simple as pushing something back into place but I wouldn't open up the PS4 if it is still covered by warranty it would invalidate it then. If you're happy to open it up look at the area where the HDMI connection is and post a few pics. 

Yeah its already out of warranty

If your TV has another HDMI port, try that.

Try booting in safe mode and see it if's still there.

If not, good luck with getting it repaired.

• Like 1

The PS4 is pretty easy to take apart. There is a good guide on the iFixit site:

PS4 teardown

You will need a security torx screwdriver. If you're lucky it will just be something like a loose ribbon cable, but looking at that I think it could be a bad a solder joint or crack in the motherboard.

Were all the cables attached when it was dropped? If so it could well be a damaged hdmi port or cable as others have said.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, skip_rat said:

The PS4 is pretty easy to take apart. There is a good guide on the iFixit site:

PS4 teardown

You will need a security torx screwdriver. If you're lucky it will just be something like a loose ribbon cable, but looking at that I think it could be a bad a solder joint or crack in the motherboard.

Were all the cables attached when it was dropped? If so it could well be a damaged hdmi port or cable as others have said.

I've used 4 different HDMI cables and they seem fine. For now i'll be taking a break until everything is sorted. 

There is a chance i could throw this on the insurance but i'll have to look into that. If it does not work with the insurance i'll take it apart and hope for the best