4k tv's

So does anyone have a 4k tv?

Obviously this is where the market is going and eventually most will have them, price seems to be coming down a bit on them. I bought my daughters a 4k a couple weeks ago, it was on sale and I was gonna get them a bigger one anyways so I went that, it is a 48" Vizio for $350.

It's got a nice picture even without a 4k feed

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Was gonna make a thread just like this yesterday.

Does anyone have Samsung UE60JU6000?

SAMSUNG UE60JU6000 Smart 4k Ultra HD 60" LED TV

If so, is it a good buy for £700 (was £1000) or am I better off at looking at something a little higher?

IIRC the 4ks get about as hot as the plasmas did and use just as much electricity.

LED and LCD are still the way to go. LeD if you want that nice, crisp picture.

IMO 4Ks are going to fall off just the way the plasma did.

Token

XDBX

On 5/17/2016 at 0:50 PM, JusTokenII said:

IIRC the 4ks get about as hot as the plasmas did and use just as much electricity.

LED and LCD are still the way to go. LeD if you want that nice, crisp picture.

IMO 4Ks are going to fall off just the way the plasma did.

Token

XDBX

I think cheaper manufacturers won't be able to provide A+ energy efficiency, but most of the known brands will, even Finlux can.

Same story for the unit getting hot, I have a back-up generic LED and that gets quite hot, probably because it's cheap.

I also already have an LG 55" LED TV, but it's not 4K :P.

Probably not even possible to buy LCD or plasma brand new these days, you'll be likely to get laughed outta the store :D.

Come to think about it, HD LED wasn't the best thing for long.

Edited by DavidCore89

Just like everything else......something "better" will eventually come along. It is a never ending cycle with technology. I gave up keeping track a long time ago. 

The LCD in our bedroom gets so hot it can keep the room warm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2016 at 11:33 AM, DavidCore89 said:

Was gonna make a thread just like this yesterday.

Does anyone have Samsung UE60JU6000?

SAMSUNG UE60JU6000 Smart 4k Ultra HD 60" LED TV

If so, is it a good buy for £700 (was £1000) or am I better off at looking at something a little higher?

I have the 40'' version. Don't know how different it is from the 60'' other than size. Really happy with it, though like I said before I never really watched 4k definition as I have nothing for that (nor am too bothered, unless it's gaming in the near future). Haven't tried it's SmartTV functions. I bought it primarily for gaming and it works well for me. No blur, excellent tones of black, etc.

Only thing I don't like is that the screen is a bit shiny so when you're both in a dark environment and playing something dark it reflects lights a lot. The light of the PS4 controller can make an ugly reflection, though it's not a problem for most games or in most situations of most games. When it is (I'm playing TLOU) I just cover my controller with a t-shirt while playing and problem solved.

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1