Going back to school

JustHatched

Well, I have decided to go back to school, already signed up to begin soon to get a degree in web development, it includes learning some stuff I already know (which isn't much), advanced HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, SQL, MySQL and Jquery. Also some shit I never heard of, Ruby on Rails 4, Python, and AngularJS. 

It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, I have "tinkered" with web coding, enough to learn some of the basics (and advanced site breaking) but I can't wrap my brain around most of it on my own, Rose finally kicked me in the ass enough to give it go.

• Like 14

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Good luck! I've been interested in learning to code, but I'd do it all online since I would prefer to do it that way and you can do it for free. I started to learn C on Alison which was pretty cool. I learnt the basics but not really enough to do anything and C is fairly difficult to learn since almost nothing is pre written compared to all the other modern languages.

I enjoy learning just for the sake of it anyway so I'm sure I'll get there one day! :) 

scottyb1988.jpg

Cool Hatch!

Since I'm going to be so close to the lake, I'm going to get a degree in Catfishology with a minor in Bassology. ;)

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Good luck, Hatch. I've dabbled in web development but can't seem to wrap my head around all of the nonsense that goes along with it. Most javascript code I've seen is like a mishmash of stuff and is completely different than what I'm used to with my normal code that I write.

kQ4fIRp.png

Good for you Hatch. We are still looking for a PHP developer so when you pass you can move to RI and work with me and Ern, ha ha.

Very cool, Hatch! :D

I tried going back to school, but it became too much when trying to juggle a full-time job.  Then again, I have a serious problem with procrastination.

Should be a good experience and it will definitely open up a lot of doors.