Invictus Games 2016

JustHatched

http://invictusgames2016.org/

Seen this on the news today, never heard of till today. It is more or less an Olympics for wounded soldiers of several countries (Afghanistan, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Netherlands, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America). and this is it's 2nd year.

It looks pretty interesting, and probably a pretty competitive event/s, it's worth looking into and if you can or want to donate here is the link for US residents https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/invictusgames2016 (dunno about other countries)

I will say I almost never pay any attention to what the British Royals are up to, but this whole thing is the the idea of Prince Harry's (and he has done alot of work to get it going). I don't know how everyone else feels about him, I do think he is a stand up guy, he served the the British military for something like 10 years, a couple tours in Iraq (and he didn't have to). So regardless of the country or how anyone feels about the Prince, this is something everyone IMO should be able to agree is an awesome thing for all those that took a bullet, grenade or bomb or whatever because they are able to still to compete even with what should have been death dealing injuries.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I like Harry, it can't be easy to be a royal and constantly in the spotlight when you don't really want the attention.

He was a qualified Apache commander and then retired.

The games are quite well-known in the UK despite it being relatively new, pretty sure it has some TV coverage as well.

The idea behind the games is great, some of these countries have been fighting each other for a long time.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I dont know if it fits here but this is breathtaking ever since they made it.

Just watch and listen to the song if you haven't seen it before.. i'd recommend it to everyone in the crew