unable to update a death match

djw180

Anyone else noticed this recently? I can not update a published Death Match. Races are fine, I did one a couple of hours ago, and captures were OK last week at least. But in a published death match of mine earlier I made changes, did a test, got the "you have completed a successful test" message, went to the main menu to update it and the "update" option is shaded lighter than the others. When I tried to select it a message said something like "unable to update as there have been no recent changes". This is a TDM I made on PS3 and was attempting to update on PS4. I tried updating it on the PS3 as well and get exactly the same problem.

I'll report it as a bug to Rockstar later but I wanted to check if anyone knows what's going on first.

Common cause of this is usually a change in the banned words. What was acceptable before may not be now. The banned word filter isn't intelligent at all. Even the most common and every day words can be banned by Rockstar just because it contains a sequence of letters which could be offensive if used in another word. Try editing your description and see if anything changes.

• Like 1

Had a similar problem with one of my jobs.  Just try deleting a couple letters from the title, then re-type them.  Save the "new" title (even though it's still the same).  It tricks the game into thinking you've actually changed something.  If that doesn't work, it could be your old description is over the 100 character limit, which will have to be changed.

• Like 2

The description is over 100 characters, so that could be it. I'll try later. Thanks :)

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Thinking about it more it must be the character limit. The race I did earlier was only made a few days ago, so was the capture I remember updating last week. So they would both have <100 character descriptions. My TDM was made ages ago, before the 100 character limit bug. It's weird though that it actually gives a reason for being unable to update that is completely false rather than saying it can't update because the description is too long.

On 03/05/2016 at 10:15 AM, no_snacks said:

Had a similar problem with one of my jobs.  Just try deleting a couple letters from the title, then re-type them.  Save the "new" title (even though it's still the same).  It tricks the game into thinking you've actually changed something.  I

That's what it was. I've made alterations a couple of times now and every time I had to add then delete a character from the title to get it to update.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1