Hullo

Team_Bub_8487

Hello everyone!

I'm 'Bub', a 31 year-old teacher from England (so GMT). I'm relatively new to the world of GTA Online (currently level 17), and have mostly been having a go at missions and hanging around in free roam (a bit of house-hunting at the moment). I'm a big fan of the co-operative jobs (partly because I'm trying to level up so I'm not completely useless!), but unfortunately I've been finding other players less than co-operative (kicking me out for being too low-level, shouting abuse down the mic for not knowing missions back-to-front, being killed when missions are complete). I really want to make the most of the social aspect of this game, whether that be missions, adversary mode, death matches, races, or just messing around in free roam. The point is I'd like some friendly and mature people to do it with. I am currently part of a two-man crew consisting of me and my friend, and we have a great time together, but he's not online that often. After a lot of searching and forum-trawling, I came across you guys, and you seemed to be EXACTLY what I need!

I know this post sounds a bit down and serious, but I'm actually a very chirpy kinda guy and quite irreverent when the situation calls for it! I just need the right people to help me shine!

Hope to see you guys online soon.

Bub

• Like 1

u0rf6Cd.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team_Bub_8487

• Beez

• Dodge

• JALJ

Welcome the the home of the gaming crew known as Domestic Battery. We work hard to be a fun, mature, active, and dependable crew. We do however have some guidelines in place to ensure that we maintain the environment we have built. Please take time to read our Crew Policies and Guidelines. Feel free to ask any questions, we will do our best to answer them. Please note everyone here is human and on occasion it may take some time to get your crew invite out. Normally this is done within the first hour of your posting. Hope you get with the crew in game and have fun.

The XDBX Crew This is a generated auto reply merely providing valuable crew links to help you become a valued member of the crew.

Welcome the the home of the gaming crew known as Domestic Battery. We work hard to be a fun, mature, active, and dependable crew. We do however have some guidelines in place to ensure that we maintain the environment we have built. Please take time to read our Crew Policies and Guidelines Feel free to ask any questions, we will do our best to answer them. Please note everyone here is human and on occasion it may take some time to get your crew invite out. Normally this is done within the first hour of your posting. Hope you get with the crew in game and have fun. The XDBX Crew This is a generated auto reply merely providing valuable crew links to help you become a valued member of the crew.

Welcome bub, i think you found the right place!

Could you please answer these questions for us.

1. What time zone are you active in? (Ex. East Coast of the US GMT -5)

2. What are some of your goals/reasons for joining a crew?

3. For 2 weeks our tags must remain active (during Vetting), can you abide by this? (Afterwards you can swap at will but we should be your primary)

4. Will you be able to attend at least 1 event and/or game with the crew once per week and visit out site frequently?

Hi Taco!

I think I covered 1 & 2 in my intro. As for your other questions, I will wear your tags with pride, and I will be a regular online.

Could I just ask, if I'm not able to attend an event one week due to problems with timing, is it enough for me to play in a session with other crew members? 

Bub

• Like 1

u0rf6Cd.jpg

10 minutes ago, Team_Bub_8487 said:

Hi Taco!

I think I covered 1 & 2 in my intro. As for your other questions, I will wear your tags with pride, and I will be a regular online.

Could I just ask, if I'm not able to attend an event one week due to problems with timing, is it enough for me to play in a session with other crew members? 

Bub

It is..

If you read the crew policy (maybe you did, maybe you didn't), we go by a points system so that if you can't attend an event due to whatever life throws at you it is possible to become a full member just by playing with crew members (provided they leave a "note" for you). It is easier to get points by being in an event/s but we try to put things in place because we all know how shit goes with school/work/family etc.. 

Invite sent

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

11 minutes ago, Team_Bub_8487 said:

Hi Taco!

Bub

Absolutely. As long as you do your best the first two weeks to make events as often as possible, you will be fine. After that, just get with the crew when you can! We do many different things, as you may have seen looking around the site, so it's pretty easy to get together and do something productive or destructive! :D

Thanks Hatched and Complex. I will do my absolute damndest to get to as many events as possible, despite school/work (as a teacher they're the same thing!)

u0rf6Cd.jpg

Thanks guys, and I should also add an amendment; I'm actually on BST, which at the moment is GMT+1 (31 years I've lived in the UK and I still can't get used to the clocks going forward every summer!)

u0rf6Cd.jpg

Welcome. My name is Dodge. PSN is Dodgeservice. I'm on PS3 and PS4. I am the Vetting Commissioner for XDBX. My Vetting Team and I are the ones responsible for new members, and their admission into the Crew. The Vetting Policy is explained in the Crew Policies and Guidelines, and be accessed by clicking the LINK in my Signature. Make sure you check them out. You will soon be contacted regarding Vetting by the Vetting Managers.

This website is the Focal Point, and Communication Hub for our Crew. It is an intricate part of how we maintain our integrity. So, Bookmark this website now, and visit it frequently.

Vetting Days are always on Wednesdays. Your 2 weeks period runs from the first Wednesday you are with us until the 3rd Wednesday you are with us. Depending on the day of the week that you became a member, your Vetting may run longer than 2 weeks. The days leading up to your first Wednesday count towards Vetting just like any other would. Your Vetting Period is scheduled to conclude on May 18, 2016.

Just to get you going, I don't want to scare you into thinking we are strict,  or too hard on Members. We are very easy going, but we are organized. Sometimes our organization comes off in a negative manner. I assure you, we are very easy to deal with.  So, we'll see you in Los Santos. 

Dodgeservice.png

We sound perfect for you. Playing with randoms is usually just like you said. Sometimes they've done a mission so many times they rush to each location, kill everything that needs to be killed and move on before I even get to the 1st location, then the mission is over and I haven't even fired a shot. We play more organically and will even do a mission in such a way as to make it harder, not easier. You will definitely have good people to play with pretty much anytime.

Welcome to the crew.

10 minutes ago, Beez said:

We sound perfect for you. Playing with randoms is usually just like you said. Sometimes they've done a mission so many times they rush to each location, kill everything that needs to be killed and move on before I even get to the 1st location, then the mission is over and I haven't even fired a shot. We play more organically and will even do a mission in such a way as to make it harder, not easier. You will definitely have good people to play with pretty much anytime.

Welcome to the crew.

Ah, that does sound perfect! I've RSVPd for an event on Thursday, but plan to get online for more general japes before then

u0rf6Cd.jpg

Welcome, Bub!  Nice intro, I think you will enjoy it here.

Here is a link to our PS4 calendar for a list of what we have going on for the month: http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/calendar/

Now that you have made five posts, you will see a Chatbox on the main page.  This is where we frequently talk about event details, crew gatherings, and the like.

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.  Cheers!

Hello & Welcome.

16 hours ago, Team_Bub_8487 said:

Thanks guys, and I should also add an amendment; I'm actually on BST, which at the moment is GMT+1 (31 years I've lived in the UK and I still can't get used to the clocks going forward every summer!)

The time zone changes from GMT to BST causes confusion for many of us. I'd recommend always double checking the timer on the homepage for the start times of a playlist you're attending. That should always be correct.

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Welcome Bub!

Change your friend settings! We can't sent you friend requests.

Ah yes! All sorted now; apologies. Online at the moment but it seems like I recently missed an event, so a bit deserted.

u0rf6Cd.jpg