GTA: Lake City?

lIIlCompleXlIIl

GTA rumors are like Apple rumors.

All shit and speculation until R*/Apple actually release official information IMO. Or someone somewhere gets actual credible and leaked information but that's incredibly rare considering how tight lipped both companies are.

My money is still on an HD era version on Vice City first. Makes too much sense not to.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Oh absolutely lol. I just love the things that people come up with. Would you play a GTA based out of Chicago? I think it might be interesting, to say the least, to play a version of gta where I know the roads pretty well lmao.

To me a city is a city, I'm more interested in the stuff outside the city. That's why Southern California is so good, it has many micro climates, diverse geography and vegetation. What's outside of Chicago? Farms & flatness?

I think they should polish up Liberty City from IV, bring it up to current gen standards, and add on a big chunk of upstate NY, Hudson River valley, the Adirondacks, etc. No desert though. :(

• Like 1

Definitely has to be Vice City, it's the only one of the areas from the original game that hasn't had the HD treatment. I'd love it to be 80's themed but I know it wouldn't work as they would need modern weaponry and vehicles. What they could do is start with an 80's themed prologue similar to what they did with GTA V, then you could have some of the 80's cars, styling and music then have the main story in modern times. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Definitely has to be Vice City, it's the only one of the areas from the original game that hasn't had the HD treatment. I'd love it to be 80's themed but I know it wouldn't work as they would need modern weaponry and vehicles. What they could do is start with an 80's themed prologue similar to what they did with GTA V, then you could have some of the 80's cars, styling and music then have the main story in modern times. 

I like this prelude idea ! Would be pretty cool to have an extended prologue with 4-5 missions in a district/area of Vice City in the 80's before moving on to the main story on present day.

On 5/4/2016 at 7:35 AM, zmurko said:

Are there any hills in Florida, or is it completely flat? Or at least some twisty roads and not all straight?

Flat and straight. That's what I've heard from other motorcycle riders who have been there, personally I've never been to Florida. That doesn't mean R* can't put in hills & twisty roads though. If they compressed the mountains from the states north of Florida into the map it would be fine. I was riding in Tennessee and North Carolina last year and the roads were so twisty I actually got tired of turning by the end of the day and just wanted a straight road.

I like the idea of a prologue set in another time period! In fact, the whole story mode could be in another time period and Online in present day. 

There are hills here as well as curves. Are they the hills I'm used to seeing in the backwoods of Kentucky? Hell no but there are some hills. 

That said, the back country in a Florida based game would consist of sand, trees and swamp land. Lots of sink holes and lakes/ponds. Mountains and stuff like that don't exist here.

The proper name is, Air Boat.  They would be a blast. Include a Kayak and some fishing. 

Imagine running from Gators and huge snakes?