Where do you see computers 20 years from now?

JustHatched

SO roughly 20 years ago we had these

image003-300x256.jpg

And have what ever it is you are using, and our smartphones are much more capable then the dinosaur in the pic. So doing that math how will be doing our PC work (iif the PC still exists) and/or what will we be doing it on 20 years from now?

Think it'll be like this??

wear-2x4r6285ru13y3svhs4h6o.png

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I think it will be all touchscreen, no more big unite. Everything will be digital, no more physical copies of things because the internet speeds will be crazy! 

Video games will probably be almost only VR. 

Edited to add that we'll have touchscreens everywhere, in the metro, bus, restaurants, doctors office from which we'll b able to use all of personnal data stores in the cloud, thanks to wifi microchips implanted in our arms.

Edited by Fido_le_muet

Personal Computers? Obsolete...

quantum pcs I'd like to see, and Fido, no need to implant the masses with wifi microchips, we already have wifi microchips on our bank cards :D, pretty soon our ID cards will have the same... The new ones already have microchips and the newer ones will have wifi ones :D

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Things will be out of control and everything will be digital. People will be using money they can't see to buy things they cannot hold.

Most likely be riding around on those little carts like in the movie, Wall E.

Programmable live drone web cams, quantum computing working in conjunction with binary, next to nothing power consumption, nanite sized dye on APU's or whatever it will be called. Seamless data processing and file transfer, no more internal fans, significantly smaller form factor, typing and carrying out task with your brain or VR headset, it rewriting its own software to fully accelerate The performance of its own architecture, borderless shatter proof display like the Droid Turbo 2, VR pumping out 32K , hologram touch screen, a fusion of the gpu cpu memory and hard drive. Cloud base software's, access to everything on your pc from any pc or any random devices from that era anywhere in the world, new wireless protocol, wireless flash drives technology. as all devices and all existing features from any current or future devices are all consolidated and or enhanced.

Edited by Smurf

• 9 months later...

I'm gonna say that consumer units will get a lot smaller in time, with lower power draw but higher performance CPUs coming out although I strongly believe that the enthusiasts will maintain the much larger but overkill performance PCs and custom builds!

• 4 weeks later...

I think that once quantum becomes mainstream even that new secret rom/ram device will be obsolete :D 

I don't think we will have quantum computer access soon but we may access it with our tech through the cloud. My bet is quantum because once they either create a system for it or manage to make quantum interpret our current binary systems everything else will become obsolete, like instantly :D

It's the thing about the future that excites me the most :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

6 hours ago, Smurf said:

Guessing Intel and Micron will present it to developers firstly and get it down the production line in a few years,

Bye bye Mechanical drives and storage memory.

https://www.google.com.jm/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4342112/amp/Intel-created-mysterious-new-computer-memory-design.html

https://youtu.be/gMJCA2ZWfk0

This suggests we should buy Intel stocks now? ;)

• Like 2

I placed a bet on snapchat :D

I hope FB doesn't fuck me over :D

www.ishare4free.com

Yeah it's going to be like the Nintendo Switch Arm architecture where the 4GB ram is the equivalent of 8GB of ram in the PS4 & XBONE. Hell! Intel haven't even figured out Arm superior processor in terms of how it operates fully works compared to the X86 architecture inside the PS4 & Xbone. Wished Nintendo dropped a monster APU in that thing as it's easily programmable as it uses less instructions, so it make the developers life so much easier but nope. Their sitting on a gold mine, it makes me upset thinking about it.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

skynet-8.gif

OR

ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png

It's coming. You scared?

www.ishare4free.com