Creator update idea, looking for further suggestions before I post

adsyfindlay

Ok so I have been thinking this for a very long time and have finally managed to put it into words so I thought I would put it to you guys to see what you think? Any feedback is very welcome :)

Creator Update

I have always loved the Grand Theft Auto series and the latest game has been fantastic with the addition of the creator content has been almost never ending with variation and diversity. However after 2 years the pool for creativity is starting to run dry.

So my proposal is an update to the part of this game that has brought so much enjoyment for the majority of its fans.

To start there have been a few issues with the creator these will be dealt with later first let’s look at what could be brought that is new and what could come with this update.

New Props

The main part of any good creation is the props used to create it and as such additions in this area would create more diversity in jobs as well as inspiring more diverse and interesting jobs. So without further ado the possible prop list that could be added not all of these would be need to be added but some ideas for you to consider:

•          More variation in ramps
  •           Longer walls
  •          Curved walls of varying size (Tyre barriers, Tyre lines, Concrete walls)

•          Doors

•          Windows

•          Roofs

•          Ladders

•          More light sources (lanterns and such)

•          Large Message Boards that allow a small message to be typed (Right, left, stop etc)

•          F1 style rumble strips

•          Small bridges

These are just a few ideas that the community have come up with.

Last of all make the categorization better, the barriers category is over packed with props maybe this could be split into larger and small?

Creator Additions

As well as props some alterations and items would be very much appreciated by the community in this area.

•          More control over the weather in both the creator and the job menu this could be managed by first adding thunder storms, sand storms and snow to jobs. A second option would then be open to choose how much these would be. Night time how dark? Rain how heavy? Sun how bright?
  •          Ability to remove the HUD
  •          Force being drunk on spawn in game

•          Ability to change the amount of slipstream and catch up available in the in game menu, to be shown as a percentage the current in game would be 100% and the maximum 200%

•          Allowing the player to jump and climb when in player view in the creator

•          Minimum number of players setting in the creator

•          Ability to reduce gravity

• Ability to "snap to" props.  Connect the end of one prop to another, then swing the other end around.  Great for making perfect tyre lines etc.
  • To be able to temporarily place a prop and then move the camera to see if it's positioned properly before permanently placing it.  Especially handy for placing large/long templates.
  • The ability to place all actors, spawn points, vehicles and weapons etc directly onto a prop.
  • All interiors and currently restricted areas to be opened up for use in the creator.
  • Allow prop templates to be saved and transferred from one job to the next, without having to copy the entire job or having to recreate the template again.  Let us have 10 permanant template slots that we can name.
  • X,Y,Z grid for perfect placement and continuity.
  • Choice in the creator to use the aircraft carrier, or the yacht from heists

• Race Suggestions

This area could do with so much more, I am part of the racing community and as such these changes hold a special place in my heart.

•          Allowing props in air races
  •          Changing the number of chevrons in a CP

•     Cps that adjust to height and angle (specifically to air races) and manual adjustment if needed (sometimes cp proximities don't signal the proper angle).
  •          Ability to convert a checkpoint into the starting grid! (and make it automatically renumber the rest of the CP's)

•          To see the effective area of CPs (maybe in a light yellow?)

•          Allowing online custom vehicles in the creator for GTA to get a better idea of racing lines

•          Multi class racing (Allowing more than one class to be raced at the same time on the same track. The leader board would be separated by class)

•          Multi path CPs

• Starting grids that can be slightly curved around a bend or placed over a crest in the road etc.  
  • All vehicles to be available - Futo, Elegy etc

• Deathmatch Creator

This an area near enough perfect however as with everything in life it can be improved and there are a few additions that really should be in effect these will be placed first.

•          Team specific spawn points (These allow for a line to be drawn in a map and spawn flipping to not occur which can be very detrimental to some maps)
  •          To place only the required start points if the map is for 8 players only 8 start points need to be placed
  •          Ability to copy maps between LTS and Deathmatch

•          To heighten the maximum score limit

•          Actors in deathmatches

•      An out of bounds area in T/Dms, exactly like you have them in LTS.

Capture Creator

This is the area that can be the most diverse in the whole game, I have so many different jobs come from this part of the creator however there are some problems here

•          To have actors spawn and stay where you place them

Capture objects to stay team specific

•          Ability to place actors in specific seats in vehicles

•          Ability to have actors as capture points

•          Respawn vehicles and capture vehicles where they were spawned or directly next to this point.

•          Ability to restrict spawns (New type of capture a capture LTS if you will)

•          Respawn area for actors

•          Attack and defend captures ( making this so one team as no capture objects to find and are purely defending whilst the other attack to get the capture objects)

Missions Creator

This has got to be one of the most requested creator options in GTA so let’s make it a focal point of the update

This creator could be based very close to the capture creator with actors and objectives

•          The objectives would be based on CPs, actors and destruction. For example

“reach this area” could be based on a capture point like in the capture creator

•          “Clear the area” could be used in a similar way to the reach this area actors would be placed in the area the actors would have to be eliminated

•          “Destroy this” this would be simple destroy this item or vehicle could be a vehicle or a dynamic prop

Creator would contain all the props and actors available in the captor creator

These objectives would be able to be placed in an order much like a playlist and this would be the mission creator. The pay-out would be similar to that of other created content.

Side note it would also be quite cool to see a small variety of cut scenes for your character for example a meet with your character nodding to the participants of the job or them delivering the package among other cut scenes.

Survival Creator

This would be a simple creator but because of what it is it would have a lot of power.

Ability to set actor spawn points (in a similar way the player spawn area in the captor creator), number, strength and what weapons they have. This would be listed per wave per spawn point

Parachute Creator

This would be almost identical to the air race creator with the start point being the helicopters, the landing point being again similar to the capture point in the capture creator.

New Vehicles

As with every update vehicles are the most hyped part of it. In this area I’m afraid I’m drawing a blank but would love to see a new Coupe (The Reno from grand theft auto london and the Cadrona from GTA san andreas) and a new compact (The Flash from GTA san andreas).

New Weapons

This area could be really creative a wrench, a screwdriver and maybe a blunderbuss? Would be fantastic.

Creator playlist

This would be split into 3 sections these I would call starter, popular, crew and highly rated

Starter would be all jobs that have under 300 plays this would be so that newly made jobs have a chance at discovery by those that are not in an active crew it would also free the other playlists from newly made jobs that may or may not have been tested. I realise that this pool of jobs may be too large to be able to be done however it would be a very interesting playlist.

Popular would be for all jobs with above 300 (maybe higher?) likes this would provide a reliable platform for highly rated community created content to be discovered and played.

Crew This would quite simply be a playlist containing only crew created content

Highly rated This would be the crème de la crème of community created content and as such would be for jobs above 500 (again maybe higher?) likes.

Lastly vehicle balances

Over the last few updates we have seen a few vehicles that I believe are in the wrong class all that would be required is for the moval of these vehicles

• Removal of the spoiler effect from the tyre on the Stirling GT
  • Swap the Schafter LWB with the Schafter V12 (Armored) so that both LWB versions are in the Sedans class and both V12 versions are in the sports class
  • Blister Compact to the Compacts class
  • Moonbeam & Moonbeam Custom To Vans
  • Bison To Utility

A lot of inspiration was drawn from posts by both Broughy1322 and a topic on gta forums gtaforums.com/topic/734116-content-creator-wishlist/

I hope you bore with me it's a lot of writing :P, as I said before any feedback would be most welcome before I make a ticket and submit this :)

Edited by adsyfindlay
added vehicles to add, Addition of crew ideas
  • Like 2

Great list, Adsy. :)

The creator is probably the main reasons this game has had such a long shelf life compared to other games.  Although a lot of us have cut back our game time, most of us would've stopped playing long ago if it wasn't for all the new and interesting jobs made by this crew and the greater GTA community.  Rockstar really need to add some new features to the creator if they want to keep player numbers up.

Most of my wishes are already in your list, but here are a few more suggestions.  

• Ability to "snap to" props.  Connect the end of one prop to another, then swing the other end around.  Great for making perfect tyre lines etc.
  • To be able to temporarily place a prop and then move the camera to see if it's positioned properly before permanently placing it.  Especially handy for placing large/long templates.
  • Starting grids that can be slightly curved around a bend or placed over a crest in the road etc.  
  • All vehicles to be available - Futo, Elegy etc
  • The ability to place all actors, spawn points, vehicles and weapons etc directly onto a prop.
  • All interiors and currently restricted areas to be opened up for use in the creator.
  • Allow prop templates to be saved and transferred from one job to the next, without having to copy the entire job or having to recreate the template again.  Let us have 10 permanant template slots that we can name.

Out of the suggestions you mentioned, the ones I'd like to see implemented the most are

• Select the exact time of day and weather settings
  • Ladders that can be placed at the top of a structure, then dragged all the way to the ground - counts as one prop only, no matter how long 
  • Multi class vehicles in a race - say three classes per race
  • New props and more of them
  • Actors and vehicles staying where you place them.  Why bother placing them if they just respawn at random spots? 
  • Like 2

I like a lot of that, good work.

I primarily want a few things:

1. A fully functioning creator of what happens in it (testing) happens in actual gaming (too many instances of failed ideas because it works one place and doesn't in the other)
  2. Being able to jump/climb again
  3. An out of bounds area in T/Dms, exactly like you have them in LTS.
  4. A ladder prop. The single most beneficial prop you could add to this game IMO.
  5. X,Y,Z grid for perfect placement and continuity.
  6. Cps that actually adjust to height and angle (specifically to air races) and manual adjustment if needed (sometimes cp proximities don't signal the proper angle).
  7. Actual night time that's dark (12 PM)
  8. Actual evening time (5-6 PM)
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Great effort guys, I would love to see even just a few of these things added. 

I would like to see every adversary mode released also being added to the creator. (I know that is asking alot)

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

Good luck, but I can't see R* backing the ideas.

There have been tickets/wishlists submitted by popular YouTubers that have generated a very good number of up-votes over there, but it makes no difference at all.

This stuff isn't gonna earn R* any money and R* will only see it from a business perspective... Nobody had to ask for lowriders or minivans at Benny's - they make money very easily.

I'd like to see a lot of these features, but the game has been out for 3 years, if we haven't seen them yet then we probably never will. These kinda features should have been requested at beta stage.

Edited by DavidCore89

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Good luck, but I can't see R* backing the ideas.

There have been tickets/wishlists submitted by popular YouTubers that have generated a very good number of up-votes over there, but it makes no difference at all.

This stuff isn't gonna earn R* any money and R* will only see it from a business perspective... Nobody had to ask for lowriders or minivans at Benny's - they make money very easily.

I'd like to see a lot of these features, but the game has been out for 3 years, if we haven't seen them yet then we probably never will. These kinda features should have been requested at beta stage.

I can fully understand your skepticism, I'm afraid I'm one of those people that is eternally optimistic people :P. I'm not looking to submit this through tickets this will be submitted to the developers via the email they keep spouting :).

As for the money problem this is why I brought this here first. Maybe we could come up with a viable way for them to make money from this? For example maybe we have to pay for props? Or pay for one of the creators? I wouldn't mind spending £5 on say the parachute or the survival creator (the other being free to spark interest) and then increase the price to £10 for the mission creator. Now the first problem with this is that it is effectively paid DLC (I can't see a way to make this in game currency or Shark cards?) the second would be the complaints about having to pay but those will come with everything no matter what it is. Just some of my thoughts I'd love to hear everyone else's? :)

As for the game being out for 3 years this may never come to GTA 5, which would be a shame, but it would be awesome to have in GTA 6 :)